-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The "art of the practical" is lost on many...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
GB1

16bore Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I jumped off the looney train as it was headed nowhere....

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
" LRD Leupold Not real precise "

I agree with this statement as far as comparing optic clarity and reticle contrast with some other higher dollar stuff but for redneck 2-500 pokes a handy tool till one can upgrade.I've seen too many dial uppers cant even get their rig in a scabbard let alone get off a shot in time.

" Are you zeroing at furthest and working back? "

The LR or for that matter Z3 BHR Swarvorski can be real time consuming.Leupold fixed LRs are so reasonable and if 2-500 yds is all we need,or to tune a rifle seems like a great option.
I appreciate the suggestion starting furthest and working back, worth a try! Thank you.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've lots of scopes that are better suited for LR shooting, but I gotta admit that a LRD in a 6x42 with the proper bullet selection can allow a lot of precision on big game, in an instant, out to 600 or so yards. And doing so while granting all of the benefits of a 6x42. It ain't my favorite, but with some practice it has a couple benefits on a hunting rig. I won't be getting rid of mine, but I'd admit that in a lotta instances there are better options.

Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Suck bullets simply suck.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I have a LRD with a CDS turret. Top that...(grin)

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Calvin
I have a LRD with a CDS turret. Top that...(grin)
Impressive, most impressive.

Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Suck bullets simply suck.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I like simple things. I like the LRD in a fixed power scope. Nothing moving, nothing changing. I've used it with a 200 yard zero and I've used it with a 100 yard zero....either way, run the numbers to get your match ups for:

first dot = 2.19 MOA
second dot = 4.8 MOA
tip of picket = 7.82 MOA

...then shoot to verify and record it. It leaves holes, is limited on range, isn't anywhere near as exact as dialing, but it's simple, fast, and reliable. With a little bit of sense a person can fill in the gaps and do a lot with it.

It works well for what it is, it sucks if you're trying to make it something it's not.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I like simple things.

I do too and the Duplex is even simpler than dotz and works just as well if not better.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by SU35
I like simple things.

I do too and the Duplex is even simpler than dotz and works just as well if not better.

A duplex gives you two possible marked aiming points, the intersection of the cross hairs and the top of the plex. The LRD gives you four...and the ability to subdivide within those ranges. If you're aiming for the intersection or top of the plex the duplex works just as well...but not better. Any thing other than those two and the duplex doesn't work as well....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hard to imagine anything simper than the LRD. And yeah, I used to use the duplex gyrations for aiming points. The LRD is simpler and faster.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I'm glad it works for you guys, really!

smile

A duplex gives you two possible marked aiming points, the intersection of the cross hairs and the top of the plex. The LRD gives you four..

And two is simpler than four, I just use the animals body.

Do you really use the 300 yd dot?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just sent my m8 6x42 back to Leupold today.
Lrd, be comin back !

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I'm glad it works for you guys, really!

smile

A duplex gives you two possible marked aiming points, the intersection of the cross hairs and the top of the plex. The LRD gives you four..

Yes sir. This was at 300 using the first dot while fireforming a couple of years ago (zero'd at 200). Moved back to form loads again just a couple of weeks ago and the same rifle is zero'd at 100 now with the first dot matching 235 yards.

[Linked Image]

16bore Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
TMOA seems a better idea. If it's doable.

[Linked Image]

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Brad
Funny, I've killed out to 550 yards with the LRD, no problem. Some people have trouble with simplicity, hence long self-aggrandizing posts.

grin

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

I have two of the LRV (just a finer reticle) on a .222 and .17-222 used for ground squirrels. Considering the average target is smaller than a water bottle and half the time they are laying down, the extra elevation substensions are very useful for 250 yards and beyond. My first shot hit ratio is significantly higher than when I used a duplex or target dot. I have no desire to be twisting knobs either when you are trying to get off 3-6 shots a minute sometimes.
There are some less than flat-shooting calibers that could benefit from the LRD on big game too.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'mule,

The S&B A7 is doing you no favors,but it's humorous to read that you "think" it do.

Hint.

Laffin'!

TheBitchingSniveler,

Funnier than fhuqk,that you've enough Imagination and Pretend,to "think" that you could begin to speak for me. Kudos on having such lofty Delusions and the sweet "satisfactions" associated with shootin' for the stars...you "lucky" kchunt.

Bless your heart.

Laffin'!

Brad,

I getta kick out of you TRYING to "talk" about boolits,glass and anything else.

What were the "odds" that someone who "thinks" they are so "steeped",is totally oblivious to their Incredible Fhuqking STUPIDITY and less a single fhuqking clue,in regards to the subtention that is static. I'll feign my GREAT "surprise",that your convoluted Window Licking arranges you to have the keen "insight" to do business in the backdoor,if only as per your always. You really should start filming your DUMBfhuqkery and "explain" how your Delusions are so "real" to you. Laffin'!

Funnier than fhuqk,that a coupla archaeic scratches on the glass,enthrall you in sucha manner and grant you so much CLUELESSNESS in a single pitch. Jeezus Fhuqking Christ,your Do Nothing Dumbfhuqkery NEVER disappoints in it's oblivious splendor!

Cheer up,Bill Dixon sluiced a Gut Eater at 1538yds with open sights too. I could not begin to tell anyone with a straight face and in fairness,that 6x Reupold LRD subtension,is a sound path from which to arrange 550yd POA/POI. That especially with the chamberings/boolits cited. You'll haveta pardon my having got/shot a far greater spectrum of platforms than you've ever seen or heard of and far more glass to reflect upon too...as well as an obscene number of rounds. Understatement. Hint.

Anywhoo,as Reupold offerings go,the LRD is simply a hilarious Window Licker's Ruse.

Your best,never ain't not fhuqking hilarious! I enjoy you talkin' out of your ass,under the auspice that you "know' what the fhuqk you are talking about!

Now you can say you've "seen" an MQ reticle...you "lucky" kchunt.

[Linked Image]

Gots me a "hunch" than I can dig on the MQ,well beyond the 1500yd line. Not that you'd "know" what a Mil is,let alone a lineal scale,nor savvy the sanctity of an erector being in sync with an erector,noir a FFP Spotter conjoining same. mainly because you get giddy about a coupla STUPID arbitrary swipes on the windows you lick. Hint. Laffin'!

1500yds and small change here. Hint.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

You are "educated" wayyyyyyyyyyy above your "intelligence". Be sure and "tell" me more,you poor poor STUPID Fhuqk.

Don't let the cat get your tongue,nor the couch your kchunt.

Hint.

Bless your heart.

Laffin'!

'Inman,

Static is a GREAT constant. Arbitrary constants are nothing more than funny.(grin)

It takes only seconds to corroborate subtension at the 100yd line,KNOW their values and apply it to the trajectory curve of ANY boolit,at ANY speed. A coupla stupid marks on the glass,a good reticle it do NOT "make". The hilarity is copious,due the "engineering" and Stupid Fhuqks who "think" it's sumptin'.

As you cite ala Physics,the subtension values are trite in spacing,gross in sizing and less any fhuqking rhyme or reason. It is TRACT stupid.(grin)

A lineal scale kicks all doors open and allows finite holdoffs,for both trajectory and windage,as well as a means to quantify an objects size or range. The LRD is akin to grabbing a muddy rock and using it as a scale Check Weight. Laffin'!

Never been tough to cypher who shoots and who don't.

Bless their hearts.

Laffin'!

Sammo,

Mebbe you and Brad can hook up and Produce a video on how to TRY and get water outta a tap?

It'd sell like hotcakes,with you STUPID Fhuqks' version of "knowledge","experience" and "results".

I'm fhuqking cryin'...I'm laffin' soooooooooo hard.

You Fence Hoppin' Flatlanders are a fhuqking HOOT!

Wow +P+++!

Laffin'!

'SBC,

Subtention ain't subjective and at least on a Fixed,it is static...which IS soothin'.

The LRD simply don't offer any good moves,none of which is subjective and due the fact that said values are not lineal. Veddy veddy intellestin',that none of the LRD Cherleaders can cite said subtention values,which is more than a touch revealing and of course does Reality no favors.

Pass the superior mechanical mechanisms,huge travel,rock solid zero retention,absolute repeats and lineal scaled etched reticle which is unwavering in it's superiority.

I'll HAPPILY trade Reupold LRD Fluff,to reap MQ sanctity and all of it's advantages,that are less concession. Pass the aforementioned 200yd zero,Beaver Dope in the scope and 10 Mils of etched windshield. Movers(changing distance),lead(horizontal moving Victims),wind holds,ele and all are a fhuqking cinch,less single concession.

Never been tough to cypher who shoots and who don't.

Have seen me do it.(grin)

'CUBIC,

Ahhhhhhhh....finally someone that shoots and can cite subtention.(grin)

Apparently to Window Lickers 2.19 MOA, 4.8 MOA and 7.82 MOA subtention values are "soothing". Laffin'!

Tough for them who actually shoot,to get giddy about less than two anda half fhuqking Mils of Ele "ability",on a dog schit reticle. Even THE schittiest of mil reticles,offer 5 fhuqking Mils...though the MQ "only" coughs up 10 Mils.

I getta kick outta them that are gonna back up,lick glass and get "tricky" with something sooooooooo fhuqking amazingly STUPID,as a reticle housing such subtension values. FUNNY schit!

Simply reap a 200yd zero with the chamberings thus far cited,extrapolate drop to subtension and prpare to be disappointed in a sub 8MOA "correction" aboard a schit reticle. None of which is fhuqking "subjective"...though 100% HILARIOUS!

Poke a CDS on the bitch,to take Hilarity to TRACT levels.(grin)

'35,

Sadly,Reupold don't make a reticle worth nearly a fhuqk in their best pitch,which is the 6x42.

Pass the duplex and M1 ele there.

Easy for me to say...I shoot it all.(grin)

'matic,

Are you Bitching or Bragging?!?

I know which one you SHOULD be doin'...but it's funny that you ain't.

Better luck next time.

'bore,

I'm thinkin' you just MIGHT be onto sumptin',with a lineal scaled reticle.(grin)

Get the erector talkin' the same language and all dots are connected by default and dat's the ONLY way to do so. All other paths are a series of concessions,guesses and dumbfhuqktitude.

A 4x Illuminatti DESTROYS Reupold's LRD and most of their other reticles. Subtend X's to jive with the Mil Scale(all of mine are at 4X to yield that confirmation)mpin the bitch in place and it'll happily reach wellllllllll beyond the 1000yd line with vastly superior Precision to any/all thangs LRD.

No thang to breakdown into tidy Mil portions and I've a hunch I do so daily. 60 + Mils of erector travel,with 10 more on the windshield,prolly don't suck. Nor does Illumination. Hint.

900yd line here.

[Linked Image]

I've seen it be handy.

[Linked Image]

'Course they are 6x42 light too.

Hint.

Huntz,

I getta kick out Brad doing her best too...mainly because it is JeffZero fhuqking FUNNY!

Bless her heart.

'ig5,

The LRV is a steaming pile of fhuqking schit too.

It is fraught with LRD STUPIDITY,due the facts cited.

I hear through The Grapevine that the MOA Quad reticle prolly affords 40 MOA of etched subtension,is a breeze to breakdown into portions of same and absolutely crushes all thangs 6x Reupold. Though it's funnier than fhuqk that Clueless Kchunts swoon a "whopping" 7.82 MOA crayon mark on their schit reticle. Laffin'!

[Linked Image]

The MilQuad is superior and far more intuitive.

You DUMB Fhuqks have been led to water and pun be intended.

Funnier yet...when you are too STUPID to drink it.

Easy for me to say,I shoot it all.

Hint.

Just sayin'.

Laffin'!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Boxer

[Linked Image]

I'd love to be able to get that reticle without the ranging marks above the center, but with the illumination, in a fixed 6X.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Boxer

You DUMB Fhuqks have been led to water and pun be intended.

Funnier yet...when you are too STUPID to drink it.

Easy for me to say,I shoot it all.

Hint.

Just sayin'.

Laffin'!

I don't want to drink ANYTHING you've been imbibing in.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You see Boxer's post above? Look it over closely. This is a classic example of how most of us (sycophant suck-ups not included) don't give him enough credit. Do any of you realize how difficult it is to take the amount of time necessary to create posts like this? I know the insults and general content are the same all the time. But look at it. I challenge you to type something similar, and repeatedly.

The mental gymnastics involved in intentional misspellings alone is almost mind-boggling and must be appreciated. The consistent intentional lack of grammatical integrity is something to be admired. For those of us who've been around awhile we can recall that, at one time, Boxer aka Big Stick typed normal English like the rest of us. It's no secret. He's done an intentional makeover which started about 6, 7, maybe 8 years ago. Yes, it accelerated a few years ago.

I'm telling you, the mental grunt-work necessary to intentionally type these things, sitting at one's keyboard, gritting one's teeth, thinking, back spacing, editing, re-typing to get to such a masterpiece of verbal mumbo-jumbo needs to be understood. We should all appreciate the hours of time necessary for him to bless us each day with his limited one post of extreme entertainment.

I told you Boxer/Big Stick, I'm the one who always sticks up for you little buddy. I hope you are well.

Bitching Sniveler? Hah, you crack me up you clever guy you. Imagining and Pretending.

Last edited by TheBigSky; 03/14/17.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

335 members (29aholic, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 1badf350, 348srfun, 45 invisible), 1,869 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,975
Posts18,519,831
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.