Print Thread
Hop To
Page 23 of 47 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 46 47
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Originally Posted by twofish
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Get it off the Schedule I list so companies can freely research any benefits that may be provided by the dozens of CBD's in Cannabis plants.

No matter what you think what is stated above is truly important. A young girl named Charlotte that lives within 20 minutes of us dealt with completely debilitating seizures on a daily basis to the measure of one every few minutes. The family was forced with facing a move to Colorado to get her the CBD Oil that controlled her condition 10X better than any and all aid she had received from any medication or Dr. in the past. Infact, they named the oil after her calling it "Charlotte's Webb".

Fortunately NC had the good sense to allow use of the oils when prescribed by a Medical Professional and now she lives her life essentially seizure free and can once again live a normal life. Anyone who is against this is an idiot IMHO.

Also as far as Marijuana being in the same class as other Schedule 1 Drugs is asinine. Schedule 1 drugs are essentially powerful Opiates and Narcotics some of which are not even associated with any medical use and are typically highly addictive and socially destructive. In addition to all of this I will venture to say that Marijuana does not cause nearly the social problems that are associated even with our centuries long love affair with alcohol. I have never heard of someone getting too stoned and beating the schit out of their wife and kids or doing any of the other things that are perpetually seen with alcohol abuse.

I will end my thoughts by saying I have no dog in the fight. I don't smoke dope nor do I have any interest in doing so but to continue to regulate it from a Federal Level as a Schedule 1 Drug which prohibits the funding of scientific study of the medicinal possibilities of hemp/marijuana is nuts. It should be dealt with at a State level and regulated however each State sees fit. The benefit of eliminating the $$$ spent annually on the feudal Federal effort to deal with Marijuana notwithstanding.

I covered that, either they don't read or comprehend..or both.

Of course now the medical strains not containing THC are the rage, for treating many issues...Charlotte's Web being the most famous for eliminating seizures in small children.

Well I am glad you did. I did not take the time to read the 20 plus pages of drivel and name calling as mature as I am sure it was.....LOL.

twofish

*Master of random precision*

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Yep. Virtually all the research to date has been government funded and provided the predetermined outcome the government paid for. Despite the government keeping the medicinal benefits under tight wraps the cat's out of the bag. The more available and acceptable the use of the beneficial compounds in marijuana become more people will get relief from a wide range of ailments and its popularity will grow. It scares theshit out of the FDA and big Pharma that's why they're still peddling extremely expensive poisons.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Yep. Virtually all the research to date has been government funded and provided the predetermined outcome the government paid for. Despite the government keeping the medicinal benefits under tight wraps the cat's out of the bag. The more available and acceptable the use of the beneficial compounds in marijuana become more people will get relief from a wide range of ailments and its popularity will grow. It scares theshit out of the FDA and big Pharma that's why they're still peddling extremely expensive poisons.

Yep.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a question about hemp ( MARIJUANA)
I recall reading about all the products that are not available from laws against growing pot (hemp plant)
Apparently lots of good products can be made from the fibrous plant.

Are there farmers growing industrial hemp in these states that now allow marijuana to be grown and harvested?

If so how is that working out, it would be be interesting to know.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

Israel has been a world leader in cannabis research for many years, they have ground breaking studies with many trial patient runs to prove success. Cutting out the Pharm companies profits is the problem, it's so easily manufactured that they would have thousands of competitors over night.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 700LH
I recall reading about all the products that are not available from laws against growing pot (hemp plant)

Are there farmers growing industrial hemp in these states that now allow marijuana to be grown and harvested?

It's a messed up deal, you'll have to do some research to find out the particulars, but yes, some Hemp is grown in the U.S., I've read of some grown legally in Kentucky for companies in Colorado, as the Kentucky area has prime growing conditions for genus Cannabis. Legal Hemp farms around the U.S. are growing low THC hemp from "Gov't approved" seeds imported from Europe and elsewhere. Who does the approving, I don't know...

There's a pissing contest going on in the Gov't right now. The [b][color:#3333FF]2014 Farm Bill,[/color][/b] which was signed into law, states that Hemp products with 0.3% THC by weight are legal to possess, use and ship in the U.S.

In Dec, 2016, the DEA reclassified [b][color:#3333FF]all Genus Cannabis[/color][/b] products as Schedule 1 drugs, not just Marijuana. Anything that is derived from Genus Cannabis, MJ and Hemp, is a Schedule 1 now.

So the Law says one thing, the DEA says another. The DEA will have to be slapped around in court, as it has been before on the issue of hemp.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Israel has been a world leader in cannabis research for many years, they have ground breaking studies with many trial patient runs to prove success. Cutting out the Pharm companies profits is the problem, it's so easily manufactured that they would have thousands of competitors over night.

As they should!

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Dutch
The only reason criminality is associated with pot is because there is MONEY in it.

Like prostitution, put it underground and all of a sudden we have teenage girls being forced into prostitution. How many of those girls end up in a legal brothel in Nevada?

How much crime is associated with legal pot? Right now, the only people that know how to grow pot were the ones that were doing it before hand, and were/are criminals. Given the Federal classification, they are still criminals, and only the more risk / criminally inclined are entering the grow industry. If pot were truly legal, non-criminals would be interested in the business opportunity. Saying that pot attracts crime at this point of time simply points out that the people that have been criminal pot growers in the past are still criminals now that it is a little less illegal.

Like prostitution, remove the illegality, and the criminality associated with it will also disappear. I'd even bet you'd see a decrease in people getting hooked on meth and smack, simply because it's easier for their lazy, unmotivated asses to get pot.

I guess it depends on where you want to fight the battle. The bad hombres will always have something going on to make money. If the market for dope goes away, they'll push the harder stuff, making it even more potent and addictive. If the market for 18+ prostitutes goes away, they'll traffic more and more kids.

Never underestimate human depravity.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
700 LH. I will try to give you my thoughts on the hemp dilemma. In history one of the sufferages the colonists complained to the British throne was the mandate the king imposed on the colonists to grow hemp, thus reducing food crops for the colonists settlements. There is now extreme concern about the genetic harm Hemp strains could present to these clandestine high octane THC and MDA strains grown for the pharmaceutical and entertainment industry. While it is true Nebraska ditch weed grows taller than corn, smoking the corn silk may do more for the head than the hemp would. Hence there is concern of the genetic dilution of the "90 proof" strains getting exposed to industrial ditch weed.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Make Marijuana Build the Wall:

Move the drug war marijuana money into the wall fund.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 700LH

[b][color:#3333FF]Interesting article[/color][/b] on why hemp was made illegal.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by smokepole
They want to do research on it for helping returning troops with PTSD, it's shown some promise there.

Can't do the research with it on Schedule 1.

Yep!

I was diagnosed with PTSD about a year after my accident... and a miserable year it was. While I would never pretend to equate what happened to me, or my version of PTSD, to that of a combat vet, I can at a minimum report that it is a debilitating state of being. I can also say conclusively that marijuana helped considerably to lower my baseline anxiety and tendency to jump out of my [bleep] skin at sudden noises and so on. Until you've had a full-on prickly sweat weak-knees fight/flight reaction to a dog barking or car door closing or kid yelling you can't really imagine how awful and relentlessly exhausting it is. Hope dies. Love fades. Appetite wanes. It's ugly.

I don't personally feel that medical efficacy is necessary to argue for legality. Ain't one thing wrong with a grown man catching a recreational buzz. That said, the medical properties of this plant- which extend far beyond treating PTSD- are certainly an enormous bonus at a bare minimum.

If a person believes in freedom and individual responsibility, they believe weed should be legal. Period. And the converse is true. If you believe people should be in legal jeopardy for using this substance- that the government can rightfully take their freedom over it- than you do not actually believe in freedom.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Originally Posted by smokepole
They want to do research on it for helping returning troops with PTSD, it's shown some promise there.

Can't do the research with it on Schedule 1.

Yep!

I was diagnosed with PTSD about a year after my accident... and a miserable year it was. While I would never pretend to equate what happened to me, or my version of PTSD, to that of a combat vet, I can at a minimum report that it is a debilitating state of being. I can also say conclusively that marijuana helped considerably to lower my baseline anxiety and tendency to jump out of my [bleep] skin at sudden noises and so on. Until you've had a full-on prickly sweat weak-knees fight/flight reaction to a dog barking or car door closing or kid yelling you can't really imagine how awful and relentlessly exhausting it is. Hope dies. Love fades. Appetite wanes. It's ugly.

I don't personally feel that medical efficacy is necessary to argue for legality. Ain't one thing wrong with a grown man catching a recreational buzz. That said, the medical properties of this plant- which extend far beyond treating PTSD- are certainly an enormous bonus at a bare minimum.

If a person believes in freedom and individual responsibility, they believe weed should be legal. Period. And the converse is true. If you believe people should be in legal jeopardy for using this substance- that the government can rightfully take their freedom over it- than you do not actually believe in freedom.

Damn the luck.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Angus1895
700 LH. I will try to give you my thoughts on the hemp dilemma. In history one of the sufferages the colonists complained to the British throne was the mandate the king imposed on the colonists to grow hemp, thus reducing food crops for the colonists settlements. There is now extreme concern about the genetic harm Hemp strains could present to these clandestine high octane THC and MDA strains grown for the pharmaceutical and entertainment industry. While it is true Nebraska ditch weed grows taller than corn, smoking the corn silk may do more for the head than the hemp would. Hence there is concern of the genetic dilution of the "90 proof" strains getting exposed to industrial ditch weed.

Horseschidt. I'm calling schenanigans! You should look at how the seed breeders do their work. There's not one bit of worry at all in the industry about hemp diluting the potency.

Seeds are not desirable for anything except growing into a plant. You don't smoke the seeds, they contain no THC. They're worthless, except to grow into a plant. They lower the value of your crop. The female plant is the one that produces the flower (buds) that are smoked or made into other products because they contain the THC. So you're saying that a farmer, who has his field of female plants pollenated by hemp, is going to then plant those seeds next year? No. The farmer wants a field of seedless females of a known genetic origin.

The farmer is going to grow next year's crop from clones or seeds of known genetic makeup (and those seeds will be feminized to only produce female). That's how this works for people that know how to make money from marijuana. You don't grow a field of some unknown genetic makeup unless you're a seed breeder and looking for new genetics to incorporate into your lineup. Because you might grow a field of bunk weed.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
How does one go about growing saying an acre of weed without having problems?

Unless it's in an enclosed building, I don't understand how you can grow a drug in an open field. It's akin to filling an acre field with cases of beer and walking off.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bigfish9684
Originally Posted by Angus1895

Horseschidt. I'm calling schenanigans! You should look at how the seed breeders do their work. There's not one bit of worry at all in the industry about hemp diluting the potency.

Seeds are not desirable for anything except growing into a plant. You don't smoke the seeds, they contain no THC. They're worthless, except to grow into a plant. They lower the value of your crop. The female plant is the one that produces the flower (buds) that are smoked or made into other products because they contain the THC. So you're saying that a farmer, who has his field of female plants pollenated by hemp, is going to then plant those seeds next year? No. The farmer wants a field of seedless females of a known genetic origin.

The farmer is going to grow next year's crop from clones or seeds of known genetic makeup (and those seeds will be feminized to only produce female). That's how this works for people that know how to make money from marijuana. You don't grow a field of some unknown genetic makeup unless you're a seed breeder and looking for new genetics to incorporate into your lineup. Because you might grow a field of bunk weed.

1 Rooster in the hen house and it's all over, spore can travel for miles be it from mold or MJ. Along with feminized genetic problems of hermaphrodites, they can be both sexes and ruin entire crops.

Most large scale commercial operations are indoors, where they control all aspects of the environment...from filtered air to timer controlled lighting. The crime involved in thieves showing up to steal farmers crops is fairly common on outdoor grows, and greenhouses and commercial warehouse space is more desirable..in legal states they employ security guards to curtail brazen thievery.

Last edited by Bwana_1; 03/12/17.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Steelhead
How does one go about growing saying an acre of weed without having problems?

Unless it's in an enclosed building, I don't understand how you can grow a drug in an open field. It's akin to filling an acre field with cases of beer and walking off.
Its mostly grown indoors.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Apples and oranges,only gun law I support is not allowing violent felons to own guns. By the way if you are a pot head you can't own a buy a gun. I am not going to get into a debate over this but to me pot is only good for one thing, to get you high and don't bring alcohol into this because alcohol only gets you drunk if you drink to much of it, if someone needs to get high or drunk to enjoy life then they have a problem. One of our biggest 2nd amendment supporters is very much anti pot, his name is Ted Nugent.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Lolol.

Freddy just won the internet. 👍

ETA....If Ted Nugent is against it then it's a done deal. How does your hero feel about diddling underage girls?

Last edited by AcesNeights; 03/12/17.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Freddy
Apples and oranges,only gun law I support is not allowing violent felons to own guns. By the way if you are a pot head you can't own a buy a gun. I am not going to get into a debate over this but to me pot is only good for one thing, to get you high and don't bring alcohol into this because alcohol only gets you drunk if you drink to much of it, if someone needs to get high or drunk to enjoy life then they have a problem. One of our biggest 2nd amendment supporters is very much anti pot, his name is Ted Nugent.

Freddy, that's not entirely true. Read this:

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/court-says-no-guns-medical-marijuana-users/

Scott- in Oregon, licensed recreational outdoor growers (IE, for the legal recreational industry) are required to have an 8-foot security fence with security cameras etc. I'd also say your analogy is incorrect. It's not like having an acre of beer, it's more like having an acre of brewery or distillery. You don't hear much about those getting robbed... not saying it can't happen but it doesn't appear to be much of an actual issue.

I think that's because in a state where it's legal, why steal it? The dang stuff is everywhere. It's free if you know somebody with an oversupply- which is most of us- or cheap and legally available if not. I'd say again, while I've heard of liquor stores getting held up for MONEY, I haven't heard much about them getting held up for the liquor. I'm sure it happens but point being the risks are hardly worth the reward.

It'll be interesting to see where Trump/Sessions take this issue. Hopefully they'll stay true to the Conservative notion of State's Rights and mind their own business, but who knows.

A comment on hemp- in Oregon hemp growers got caught trying to kinda violate the spirit of the thing by growing plants not optimized for fiber but rather for CBD's... so, plants low in THC (like hemp) but high in CBD's, which are supposedly where many of the medical properties reside. It was because that's worth a whole lot more money than fiber. I haven't heard much about it since I read that though.

Hey look at that... 5:20.... "it's 4:20 somewhere!".... grin

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Page 23 of 47 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 46 47

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 1badf350, 204guy, 62 invisible), 2,317 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,511
Posts18,509,390
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.