Hop To
Page 31 of 47 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 46 47
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
effing dopers gonna smoke. It's what they do. smile

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Southern Oregon has gone from tweekers to potheads, and they are still complaining......

Sic Semper Tyrannis
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

And drunks are gonna drink. It's what they do...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No worries, Jeff Sessions will take us back in time to when everything was perfect.

"Attorney General Jeff Sessions continued a personal campaign to demonize marijuana, calling cannabis a "life-wrecking dependency" that is "only slightly less awful" than heroin in a speech on violent crime in Richmond, Virginia, Wednesday."

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/jeff-sessions-goes-full-reefer-madness-on-pot-w472282

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner

umm. no.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Dutch
Southern Oregon has gone from tweekers to potheads, and they are still complaining......

no it hasn't... we have tweekers, potheads, heroine addicts, the entire works...often with the same people...

tied in at the local hospital, they are brought in all the time, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week...

all courtesy of welfare, legalization of dope....ya know, liberal crap...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Seafire

no it hasn't... we have tweekers, potheads, heroine addicts, the entire works...often with the same people...

tied in at the local hospital, they are brought in all the time, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week...

John, do you ever get tired of talking to these guys about it? They not only don't get it, they go out of their way to make it your problem.

Yeah, I shouldn't have left that gas in my tank, I was baiting and it'll never happen again. Every night when I go to bed, I'll let the air out of the tires so tweekers aren't tempted to pop them, because, you know, the temptation is more than they can bear and I need to do my part.

LOL
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by jorgeI

umm. no.

Ummm....yeah. Drunks drink alcohol that's why they're drunks. I don't know why it's so hard for drinkers, smokers (cigars too 😉) have such a tough time remaining intellectually consistent. Jeez guys...it ain't rocket surgery.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by jorgeI

umm. no.

Ummm....yeah. Drunks drink alcohol that's why they're drunks. I don't know why it's so hard for drinkers, smokers (cigars too 😉) have such a tough time remaining intellectually consistent. Jeez guys...it ain't rocket surgery.

I am being completely intellectually consistent.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by jorgeI; 03/16/17.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Fireball2

John, do you ever get tired of talking to these guys about it? They not only don't get it, they go out of their way to make it your problem.

Yeah, I shouldn't have left that gas in my tank, I was baiting and it'll never happen again. Every night when I go to bed, I'll let the air out of the tires so tweekers aren't tempted to pop them, because, you know, the temptation is more than they can bear and I need to do my part.

awww not really Roy....

They don't live here, so they don't have to put up with it.....

on the flip side, what I see going on around here, seems like some thing out of the twilight zone.. I would have trouble believing it all if I didn't live here....

and the rest of Southern Oregon isn't as bad, its out of control in Josephine County, since we have zero Police Protection and they don't even have the budget to prosecute the ones they catch, much less any place to house them, since they can't even afford to run the jail...

I figured out, if other states start legalizing dope around the country, a lot of these clowns will leave and go back to where they came from, or move back closer to home and mommy....

but for those who complain about you and I, they don't know, we don't have much of a police force as for over 50 years the county's Sheriff's Office was paid for by the Feds from timber sales... O & C funds... Obama and the democRATS ended that..

between that and the welfare disneyland they created, in a place with lazy people and no jobs.. what could possibly go wrong...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

I remember working at Harborview ER on any given night the shear number of drunks lining the hallways were staggering. They were almost all belligerent and more often than not, violent. If you have the hospital time you claim to have you'd be just as anti-drinking as you are anti-everything else if you were being intellectually honest. Alcohol has an exponentially bigger impact on hospitals and society than pot. There's no known fatal dose for MJ and I've never done CPR on anyone because they smoked too much pot. Never had to restrain a person because they smoked too much weed nor have I ever seen a baby born with fetal marijuana syndrome because it doesn't exist. I've seen far too many kids affected by fetal alcohol syndrome. My grandfather was a judge that was admitted to practice before the SCOTUS and he NEVER drank. He said that watching what alcohol did to families, individuals and society was enough to cause him to never take a drink. At least he was true to his values and consistent. When a drinker decides to demonize pot or tobacco while ignoring their drug of choice I have to laugh at their ignorant hypocrisy.

The war on drugs has been an abject failure for society. The WOD did succeed in reducing freedom and bloating the police state.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
My problem has always been with illegal use and thinking it's ok because it's just pot.

If it's grown by you or your neighbor, I don't give a shiet.

When people have been using something for years that has been smuggled in, I have a problem with it and them.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

I want to explain something and I do hope you can understand. It isn't the pot smokers committing all the crimes. It's a different drug from Meth or Heroin. When you are on one of those,you will do anything to get more because you will become physically, deathly sick without it. You don't suffer withdrawals and body dependence from not smoking more pot.You might crave it like a person will crave a cigarette,but you don't get deathly sick without it.

I'm not even trying to defend pot smoking,anymore than I would defend alcohol or cigarettes.None of it is good for you,but the massive crime just isn't caused by pot by itself.

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 03/16/17.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Steelhead
My problem has always been with illegal use and thinking it's ok because it's just pot.

If it's grown by you or your neighbor, I don't give a shiet.

When people have been using something for years that has been smuggled in, I have a problem with it and them.

One positive side effect of the legalization of MJ. Yes, really.

I no longer run into illegal grows on National Forest land that look like something out of a Vietnam movie. It's made being on mountain roads and in the woods one hell of a lot safer.

One time I was pussyfooting along a bear trail, you can tell, they're all padded down smooth, not cut up like deer trails. Anyway, I'm thinking why am I not seeing bear tracks on this bear trail? Whoops, right into a grow site. It'd been guarded all summer from a spot over on the right, and if I'd showed up when it was occupied I probably wouldn't be typing this now. Sure don't miss that!

Now it's all over. Almost 3000 grow sites in Josephine County. Should be enough pot growing here to keep us high 24/7 for about 1700 years.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
but the massive crime just isn't caused by pot by itself.

[Linked Image]

LOL
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Aces,

to answer your question... yeah, I haven't worked Harborview but I've been to that Hospital numerous times... I know exactly what you speak of.. I worked at the University Hospital when I worked in Seattle...

years in Medical Sales, I've been to most hospitals in the Upper Midwest, and they are no different in varying degrees...

As far as me personally... I don't drink alcohol much and really haven't since about 1980 or so... saw too many drunks...

I've never used drugs, never saw a reason, but have been around plenty of reasons not to even start if I had any interest in it..

I've also never ever had a cigarette in my mouth.. saw no reason for that either...but I've been around a lot of people who have died of lung cancer, which would cure any interest I might have ever had...

saw what smoking does to a lung at a demonstration at the Royal Science Museum in London England when I was 12 years old, that there cured me of that....

I don't have issues with those that drink alcohol, probably because of the generation I grew up in... I don't have issues with folks who get stoned once in a while... what I have issues with is the abusers... we have plenty of them in this county...

Alcohol abusers, no difference of opinion of those folks either...have been on an ambulance crew more than once at Car accidents caused by drunks.. always seems they survive just fine, but kill other innocent people who just happened to cross paths with them.... have several family members who have lost their lives to drunk drivers over my lifetime...

Life experiences and experiences I've witnessed working in the medical field since 1976, has formed many of my opinions...seen too much damage to society.. not only to themselves but others...

Seem too much crime caused with the major motivation of lazy unemployed people ( normally their lifestyle choice)... wore out any patience I might of ever had with it...

its a problem here due to the volume of it we have....

some counties in Oregon have banned growing dope in their county, after the state legalized it... just wish our county was one of them...

city of G.P. here bans the sale and distribution of it within city limits, but that is about the only obstacle locally...

county commissioners want the financial revenue it brings into the county...and look the other way on the social problems that come with it...

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
...you'd be just as anti-drinking as you are anti-everything else if you were being intellectually honest...

Might as well save your breath. Boozers denigrate and demonize pot smokers as part of their own denial and rationalization.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

[Linked Image]
More fake news. smirk

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

[Linked Image]

Never mind then. It really doesn't matter what anyone says. Your mind is made up. No reason to talk about it anymore,except to argue.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

I want to explain something and I do hope you can understand. It isn't the pot smokers committing all the crimes. It's a different drug from Meth or Heroin. When you are on one of those,you will do anything to get more because you will become physically, deathly sick without it. You don't suffer withdrawals and body dependence from not smoking more pot.You might crave it like a person will crave a cigarette,but you don't get deathly sick without it.

I'm not even trying to defend pot smoking,anymore than I would defend alcohol or cigarettes.None of it is good for you,but the massive crime just isn't caused by pot by itself.

I fully understand that...I've been a licensed paramedic and Registered Nurse, plus a Corpsman in the Military...

Crime in this county has just increased dramatically due to the legalization of marijuana...heroine and meth addicts have been a problem all along... but legalization of dope production has brought plenty of folks from all over the country into this county to grow it legally and ship it back to where ever it is they came from....

Those folks have brought a lot of crime in with them.. this county has it bad, due to little to no police force, a huge geographical area, and sparsely populated....

We have I 5 running thru here, so its easy to get to...no cops have attracted these folks....worse here than other places in the state...

unemployment and drug abuse is off the charts, as is welfare abuse.... knowing many folks who work at the local hospital, to include my wife and my son, I hear stories of the latest disasters thru the doors on a daily basis...they are as frustrated as anyone is about it all...

County is full of California retirees...they are use to this crap... most folks own a gun and a big dog.. that is about as much crime prevention we have in this county...

as far as crime, its as close to anarchy as possible...

other states legalize dope, many of these people who cause this crap will leave and go home...

since CA legalized it, many from there are already leaving or left... its just across the state line...

and locally its not Mexican Cartels, or Black Gangs, they are a very small part if at all...most of the locals, that are involved are the white trailer park, trailer trash types...

who live off of drugs and welfare...

if I didn't live here, I'd have to see it to believe it...
its like something out of a really BAD B movie..

Page 31 of 47 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 46 47

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 1badf350, 204guy, 62 invisible), 2,308 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,511
Posts18,509,390
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.