Print Thread
Hop To
Page 32 of 47 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 46 47
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by Fireball2
but the massive crime just isn't caused by pot by itself.

[Linked Image]

Never mind then. It really doesn't matter what anyone says. Your mind is made up. No reason to talk about it anymore,except to argue.

I didn't write the article Randy. Hard to believe everyone doesn't love pot and what it brings??

Maybe, just maybe, there's actually something to this crime argument. OMG, could it be?

LOL

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well sir, it ain't like that ANYWHERE ELSE that it's been legalized. I think southern Oregon has a southern Oregon problem. wink

Here's a Lane County recreational pot farm. I shot this through my windshield yesterday. Only one I've spotted so far.

[Linked Image]

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by pal
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
...you'd be just as anti-drinking as you are anti-everything else if you were being intellectually honest...

Might as well save your breath. Boozers denigrate and demonize pot smokers as part of their own denial and rationalization.

Pal,

I hope you are not thinking Roy or I are boozers...

Actually I don't drink alcohol hardly ever.. the few times I do, are at a pair of Campfire Get togethers I go to annually... and that adds up to a couple of Red's Apple Ales over a couple of days...

and I am pretty sure Fireball isn't a drinker either...

I don't have a problem with someone who drinks a little, some who abuses it on a regular basis, well yeah...

but it is no more common here than most other places...

drugs on the other hand....is out of control here...

there is few cops to arrest anyone, and no where to put them when the few cops we have haul them in... and little money to prosecute them beyond that....

and it has gotten so dangerous for cops, here in town, when cops have to respond to something simple they are sending 4 to 6 officers.... seen that first hand the last couple of weeks alone....

and most of the cops we have almost look fresh out of high school, young and this is their first job...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
but the massive crime just isn't caused by pot by itself.

[Linked Image]

Never mind then. It really doesn't matter what anyone says. Your mind is made up. No reason to talk about it anymore,except to argue.

I didn't write the article Randy. Hard to believe everyone doesn't love pot and what it brings??

Maybe, just maybe, there's actually something to this crime argument. OMG, could it be?

Yea, it might be but it depends on the agenda of who wrote the article. You know the kind of crime I was talking about was mostly theft. Maybe there was a lot of busts for illegal sales of pot. That is a massive increase in crime,but it's not the kind of crime that destroys a community and make it an unlivable place.I would be willing to bet that if you looked at all the crime committed and why it was committed,the vast majority of it was not because someone was high on pot alone,or because someone wanted money to buy more pot.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Well sir, it ain't like that ANYWHERE ELSE that it's been legalized. I think southern Oregon has a southern Oregon problem. wink

Here's a Lane County recreational pot farm. I shot this through my windshield yesterday. Only one I've spotted so far.

[Linked Image]

your house Jeffrey?

and yeah, even tho you said it in slander, it is a Southern Oregon thing.. or more like a Josephine County thing...

Folks don't seem to understand when we say we have little to no police protection or Law Enforcement here.. its exactly that...

Right over where Roy lives by, two nights ago, they had some tweeker trying to break into some guys house... the homeowner managed to shoot the tweeker/heroine addict 9 times...

sadly the homeowner was shot by the tweeker... and died at the scene... rural area...

the perp is in the ICU at the Hospital.. my son works in there, he's the one that told me about them bringing the guy in...

wife told of the details the next night when she got home...

that is fresh enough, it hasn't even hit the local paper, and stories like this are becoming so common, it might not even make the paper....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Seafire

[Linked Image]

your house Jeffrey?

and yeah, even tho you said it in slander, it is a Southern Oregon thing.. or more like a Josephine County thing...

Folks don't seem to understand when we say we have little to no police protection or Law Enforcement here.. its exactly that...

Right over where Roy lives by, two nights ago, they had some tweeker trying to break into some guys house... the homeowner managed to shoot the tweeker/heroine addict 9 times...

sadly the homeowner was shot by the tweeker... and died at the scene... rural area...

the perp is in the ICU at the Hospital.. my son works in there, he's the one that told me about them bringing the guy in...

wife told of the details the next night when she got home...

that is fresh enough, it hasn't even hit the local paper, and stories like this are becoming so common, it might not even make the paper....

Really sorry to hear that,but he was a tweeker/heroine addict, not a stoner. They are not the same. Neither is a good thing but they are a lot different,and shouldn't be classified as the same.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Really sorry to hear that,but he was a tweeker/heroine addict, not a stoner. They are not the same. Neither is a good thing but they are a lot different,and shouldn't be classified as the same.

Our sheriff.

"The violence was the latest in a string of marijuana related shootings, robberies, and assaults that have taken place since recreational pot became legal in Oregon on July 1, 2015. Back then there were hopes that legalization would cut down on crime.
"There's crime associated all around the marijuana industry," Josephine County Sheriff Dave Daniel said in late February...

"Home invasions, car thefts, water theft, property disputes. It's definitely affected the fabric of our community."

Last edited by Fireball2; 03/16/17.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
But what does the sheriff know? I'll take the word of a bunch of internet posers that smoke(d) pot for decades over our own sheriff's assessment.

LOL
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Sadly its the criminal element.. we have a lot of transients that pass thru here and stay.. no cops to bother them much...

its not all stoners who are doing this stuff, but the perps on these crimes are smoking dope, usually heroine, taking meth... and whatever else they can get their hands on...

guess Fireball and I either aren't explaining the problem right, or we just can't think and cover the questions that pop up in everyone's minds...

one has to see this crap daily, to even believe something this county is experiencing is even possible in this country...

No Law Enforcement available, legalization of dope growing, I 5 passing right thru town...the bad side of society is flocking here like ants to a picnic...

plus its a lot safer for the criminals here, with no Law Enforcement...

kind humorous Fireball and I get flamed for just telling what we have to live with around here... people think we are making this stuff up....what the hell would be our motivation then?

Fireball is moving....
and I'm holding out for other states to legalize dope so that these out of staters will go home, and eventually when the locals get tired enough of no cops, they will pass a levy to have a police force once again.. and a staffed jail and a county attorney's office with a budget to prosecute these clowns...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't know about you John, but this crap wears me out. I gotta go.

LOL
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Steelhead
My problem has always been with illegal use and thinking it's ok because it's just pot.

If it's grown by you or your neighbor, I don't give a shiet.

When people have been using something for years that has been smuggled in, I have a problem with it and them.

Well, I can respect that, but you need to understand the legal realities.

Oregon doesn't really smuggle weed IN; we smuggle it OUT, or at least that was how things used to be. But for most pot users, the legal exposure for buying/possessing say 1/4 oz of smuggled weed is minimal. On the other hand, the legal exposure for growing can be massive, up to and including losing your home to (horrible) forfeiture laws, or losing your kids. So the laws ENCOURAGE smuggling.

If you want what you say you want, support legalization when it comes up in your state. Then your neighbor can grow it, there won't be any smuggling, and you can not give a scheit about it, which is actually a very reasonable position to take.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Jeffrey,

lets think outside the box in your world for a minute....

did you ever think of say, following the law for a minute...

or do you favor just following laws that you agree with, and disregard the one's you don't....

now think of society having that idea in general...

then why even bother passing any type of laws...

kinda resembles anarchy doesn't it....

you must think that is okay, as long as you can get high and no one is bothering you...

do you think you are on the side of the solution or on the side of the problem...

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
But what does the sheriff know? I'll take the word of a bunch of internet posers that smoke(d) pot for decades over our own sheriff's assessment.

OK then,you are completely right. I know, let's just make pot illegal, criminalize it and solve all our crime problems.

Here's another idea, let's make guns illegal and nobody will get shot anymore.

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 03/16/17.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll take my choices over those of the smokers and growers any day. I live amongst the dirtiest grungiest trashbags you've ever seen. until you've got to see what I see here, how can you possibly know?

Josephine county Oregon, best place in the US to grow pot.

Coincidentally I'm sure, not a good place to raise a family.

No the Matanuska-Susitna Valley in AK is the best place to grow weed in North America. Matanuska Thunderf uck.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by stevelyn
I'll take my choices over those of the smokers and growers any day. I live amongst the dirtiest grungiest trashbags you've ever seen. until you've got to see what I see here, how can you possibly know?

Josephine county Oregon, best place in the US to grow pot.

Coincidentally I'm sure, not a good place to raise a family.

No the Matanuska-Susitna Valley in AK is the best place to grow weed in North America. Matanuska Thunderf uck.

Do you have the darkness/light cycle 24 hrs a day ?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Seafire, You and I have more common ground than we have differences. I know what you speak of in regards causing serious accidents and surviving. Dr. Copass, whom I worked with and for, always said God seems to protect drunks and fools. The older I get the more his statement rings true.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Mr. Seafire is attempting to cast shade on weed using the societal ills of his AO as justification. It's weak sauce, but more to the point, is old as the hills. We pot people have been hearing that one for a very long time. It was bullshit then and it's bullshit now.

I live in Oregon too. I'm a musician and made a 20-year career out of working with musicians.... suffice it to say I have been around this stuff a lot. My own personal usage rate (burn rate? haha) is pretty minimal and has been for a looong time. I'm a dad, fer chrissakes. But I know scads of people who partake, some heavily. Lawyers. Doctors. Businessmen. Welders. Guys who get up at 6 am and GRIND. In my long association with this plant, starting in the 70's, I've seen people who used it too much, sure. Had a college roommate who was a wake-and-bake guy. Last I heard he'd gotten his Masters in Civil Engineering along with an MBA and was killing it. Another guy I knew was a 24/7 stoner who grew in his garage. Quite the operation. Last I heard he'd been headhunted out of his PhD program in some sort of microbiology and was banking fat stacks in the Bay Area. Myself, in the past five years I've taught myself to be a machinist while battling through a bad head injury those first couple years. How does THAT fit in the picture Seafire is trying to paint? So I just have to shake my head at the weepy, sky is falling stuff about weed. It is simply not true.

I don't doubt that his area has its issues. Southern Oregon is different place. It had a biker infestation in past decades- outlaw bikers- and has that kind of outlaw, white trash vibe. I was down there some months ago looking at a lathe to buy and was surprised by how different it is. I agree that it's very possible that the CRIMINALIZATION of weed and the influx of people exploiting that (NoCal and SW Oregon are absolutely ideal for growing high quality outdoor pot) has caused some real issues. But blaming the weed for that is 180 degrees wrong. Blame the idiotic LAWS for that. Look in the dang mirror.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Blame the idiotic LAWS for that. Look in the dang mirror.

I'm sure when John looks in the mirror that's the first thing he thinks-

"Man, I'm sure screwing things up around here by not being a weed smoker."

Last edited by Fireball2; 03/16/17.

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
I know a lot of people that smoke pot, every one of them are hard working with solid jobs...not a loser in the group. They don't work, hunt, or drive high,,,there's a time and place for everything.

The whole "doper" lingo is funny really, something from an old "B" rated film they showed in a church basement.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yeah squares aren't really with the times. What's the newest lingo for a dopehead anyway?

LOL
Page 32 of 47 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 46 47

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

538 members (10gaugemag, 257 roberts, 19rabbit52, 204guy, 2500HD, 222Sako, 59 invisible), 2,264 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,499
Posts18,509,181
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.