Print Thread
Hop To
Page 33 of 47 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 46 47
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I'll take my choices over those of the smokers and growers any day. I live amongst the dirtiest grungiest trashbags you've ever seen. until you've got to see what I see here, how can you possibly know?

Josephine county Oregon, best place in the US to grow pot.

Coincidentally I'm sure, not a good place to raise a family.

No the Matanuska-Susitna Valley in AK is the best place to grow weed in North America. Matanuska Thunderf uck.

Do you have the darkness/light cycle 24 hrs a day ?

All that stuff is grown indoors.

In summer the Mat-Su Valley has about 18+ hours of sunlight. Further north toward Fairbanks it's 21 hours.

I'm already planning my post-retirement commercial grow.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah squares aren't really with the times. What's the newest lingo for a dopehead anyway?

You're so bummed out that the world doesn't listen to your backwards views, won't adhere to your archaic cynicism and slanted judgements of society. You refuse to understand if it's legal then people aren't breaking the law, and they have the right to live their life within those confines.

You need to be proactive in your life, and make changes that positively move you in a happier direction...you're a bummer man

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Seafire
...no cops...
guess Fireball and I either aren't explaining the problem right...

No Law Enforcement available...its a lot safer for the criminals here, with no Law Enforcement...no cops, they will pass a levy to have a police force once again.. and a staffed jail and a county attorney's office with a budget to prosecute these clowns...

Sf--there is a common thread that runs through your posts. The reason you think you're not explaining the problem right is that you believe you have a pot problem when, in actuality, you have an (lack of) LE problem.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Originally Posted by Steelhead
My problem has always been with illegal use and thinking it's ok because it's just pot.

If it's grown by you or your neighbor, I don't give a shiet.

When people have been using something for years that has been smuggled in, I have a problem with it and them.

Well, I can respect that, but you need to understand the legal realities.

Oregon doesn't really smuggle weed IN; we smuggle it OUT, or at least that was how things used to be. But for most pot users, the legal exposure for buying/possessing say 1/4 oz of smuggled weed is minimal. On the other hand, the legal exposure for growing can be massive, up to and including losing your home to (horrible) forfeiture laws, or losing your kids. So the laws ENCOURAGE smuggling.

If you want what you say you want, support legalization when it comes up in your state. Then your neighbor can grow it, there won't be any smuggling, and you can not give a scheit about it, which is actually a very reasonable position to take.

You missed my point and likely it wasn't clear enough.

I don't care if Americans are smoking American grown pot. I have NO use and hate people that have smoked pot that has been brought in across US borders.

I don't like people that support cartels and terrorists, as they are killers and terrorists themselves.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
According to this new study, drug users in the United States spent approximately $100 billion annually over the past decade on illicit drugs. This study updates several previous reports (beginning in 1995) which estimated drug trends back to 1988.

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.go...o-americans-really-spend-drugs-each-year

Einstein's definition of insanity.
The gooberment spends 30 or 50 billion annually pretending to to stop it, depending on what web sight you believe.

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by pal
...no cops...
guess Fireball and I either aren't explaining the problem right...

No Law Enforcement available...its a lot safer for the criminals here, with no Law Enforcement...no cops, they will pass a levy to have a police force once again.. and a staffed jail and a county attorney's office with a budget to prosecute these clowns...

Sf--there is a common thread that runs through your posts. The reason you think you're not explaining the problem right is that you believe you have a pot problem when, in actuality, you have an (lack of) LE problem.

PAL,

That is my exact point.....Lack of LEOs....

and what that has done, is attract the darker side of the world of drugs to our local area...

and as Jeffrey and several other campfire members, speak of knowing zillions of hard working Harvard PhDs ( sarcasm there) who smoke dope... they are not the ones that we get migrating to Josephine County Oregon...

We get the lazy ones, ones with ZERO work ethic, counter society in general... and the ones that are causing the local problems for those of us that live here.... dope is their gateway drug...

these people don't show up just to get high legally....they use Meth and Heroine heavily....people are getting killed all over the place... on top of the theft, the break ins etc...

Life doesn't have to have this kind of turmoil in it...

I don't care where anyone lives that loves to smoke the stuff... you do it at home, enjoy yourself....but our county is saturated with the stuff and the people who grow it...

but as I have said, legalizing dope brought a whole bunch of people here, that otherwise wouldn't be here... and a large number of shady characters and all they represent...

When it is legalized elsewhere then they will be gone back home to Momma... and a big part of this problem will leave with them...

and as Jeffrey paints a picture that this area is so different than where he lives.. I travel north of here for for business all the time...its no different...

its just more prevalent as there are just fewer people here, so it stands out more and is harder to miss.....

but I'd like to see how any other guy here would feel about a community that in a short time, your wife can't even go to the store, where you don't have to worry about her safety...

but hey, Fireball and I are wrong about this because we don't smoke the stuff I guess is the popular consensus on the campfire....

but besides the general public getting harassed with the crime etc...a lot of these clowns are killing each other over turf wars...or just general disagreements.

any of these problems was pretty minor locally until dope was legalized.....and the world imported a bunch of these dinks to our town and county to magnify the problem.. its not like they were upstanding citizens before they came here...

but yeah..the problem lies within

1. Lack of cops here
2. Legalization of dope
3. increase of the number of people who use meth, heroine and lord knows what else
4. increase in transients flocking here as I 5 runs right thru here...

pretty much in that order... and number 3 and 4 wouldn't be here if it wasn't for number 2... and number 2 wouldn't be here it it wasn't for item number one...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
But what does the sheriff know? I'll take the word of a bunch of internet posers that smoke(d) pot for decades over our own sheriff's assessment.
Not speaking to yours in particular fireball, but a sheriffs word ain't exactly gospel. They have their biases and axes to grind as well. Many sheriffs also feel joe public shouldn't own firearms because it would make their job safer/easier...
It's been said already but your fairly high and mighty that it's your way or the highway about this...Remember you're talking to adults here that have opinions based on real life experiences, not a bunch of "internet posers".

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
40 pages.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
27 pages...we can't agree on anything

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Well Roy and I are wrong according to many....

yet we live here, and everyone else doesn't...

so who do you think has an idea first hand of what is going on here.... and who is just philosophizing about it...

Most are seeing our dislike of dope being legalized... and from there on, are blind to whatever we have to say about it..and how it effects our community and our families.

and as a side, our Sheriff isn't anti gun.. for years posted right on the door of their office, it labels out what one needs to do to get a CCW...

and the last Sheriff was even moreso... according to his estimates, for every legal CCW in this county, there are probably 7 or 8 guns being carried without a CCW... for various reasons...

but lets reverse the scenario...

how would you folks like talking about a local problem in your town or county, and then people living 500, a thousand, 2000 miles away tell you are full of schitt, like they are some sort of expert... and have never been here or when they were, were just passing thru....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Move and burn the place down, why stay and complain ?...life is too short.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

so who do you think has an idea first hand of what is going on here.... and who is just philosophizing about it...

Most are seeing our dislike of dope being legalized... and from there on, are blind to whatever we have to say about it..and how it effects our community and our families.

and as a side, our Sheriff isn't anti gun.. for years posted right on the door of their office, it labels out what one needs to do to get a CCW...

and the last Sheriff was even moreso... according to his estimates, for every legal CCW in this county, there are probably 7 or 8 guns being carried without a CCW... for various reasons...

how would you folks like talking about a local problem in your town or county, and then people living 500, a thousand, 2000 miles away tell you are full of schitt, like they are some sort of expert... and have never been here or when they were, were just passing thru....

I think people are trying to tell you that you're complaining about the symptom, not the underlying problem. And you're conflating the underlying problem with the symptom, while admitting you know that the underlying problem is. And that's EXACTLY what people are complaining about.

Symptom: 'Potheads' are ruining OR

Problem: These 'potheads' are criminals with or without marijuana and would be using/trafficking/dealing meth, heroin, etc with or without pot. And all the associated crime that comes along with the hard drug trade. Add in the fact your law enforcement, if even present, is worthless. It just so happens marijuana is legalized, and without LE to keep the criminal element at bay, you blame marijuana.

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And there you have it smile

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

From all the information that YOU have personally offered in this thread tells me one thing.

The problem will last forever or at least until the fine folks in your county realize they have a voter issue.

Yeah, you fine folks control your county by the ones YOU vote into office to run it and the budgets YOU vote for or against.

So, in short YOU can fix it or YOU can live in the environment that YOU created.

Like I said, it'll last forever cause the ones that are really to blame are most likely in a deep state of denial and would rather point fingers and cast blame.

You know, it makes them feel better about themselves if it's all someone else's fault.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Don't ask him what he's done to fix the problem via voting, participation in local government, or just moving somewhere more 'friendly' to him.

I'm sure he's voted, but likely not done much else except complain here. To people who can't fix it for him.

But you know, let's call in the feds. They fix everything else!

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Every part of the country has an embarrassing kid in the family and hippies crawled out of the sea in that area. We can talk about gangbangers, mafia pukes, cartel rats, moonshiners/methmonkeys next.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
This thread will pause every time all the potheads nod-off or go looking for chips.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's my fault. I just can't drink the pot-laced Koolaid. I take full responsibility for the ills of society. If only I smoked dope with the guys here, it would all be fine and we could all live in peace.

LOL
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
It's my fault. I just can't drink the pot-laced Koolaid. I take full responsibility for the ills of society. If only I smoked dope with the guys here, it would all be fine and we could all live in peace.

Just ask the government to solve your problems for you.

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Move and burn the place down, why stay and complain ?...life is too short.

Remember when you wished death on my children?

LMAO.

Such passion!

Clark

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 33 of 47 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 46 47

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 64 invisible), 2,660 guests, and 1,317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,515
Posts18,509,518
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.