-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 26 27
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Pat, this reminds that I need to order one of your scabbards.

GB1

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by GregW
Originally Posted by RinB
For 600-700 yard shots you need more scope power wise.
The Kimber is plenty accurate enough if you follow the BRAD tune-up protocol.
The big unknown is your ability to shoot well.
Actually I think 600-700 yards is just to far. Learn how to stalk.

I simply could not disagree more...

How much game or how many targets have you shot at 600+ yards with a 9x scope my friend? It's really hard to make blanket statements like you have made, especially to experienced riflemen. 600-700 yards is a chip shot for lots of folks. Come hunt coues deer in the AZ Backcountry and you'll love the ability to potentially shoot that far.

Have you ever wanted to take an animal that was 600+ yards out and there was literally no topographical way to get closer unless you spook them into the next county and then have to pass because it's 300 yards out of range but conditions were perfect?

I'll simply say that I suspect you hunt in country back East for the most part. Where do you do most of your hunting?

Thanks....

Greg, i hope you and Drum can get over here next Feb and do some long shots on coyotes and hogs.

Those educated coyotes like to sit downwind and howl from about 600-700 yds warning others from your calling.

Last edited by jaguartx; 04/01/17.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by RinB
I really enjoy Big Stick's input. Obviously he knows a lot based on doing a lot. Granted, one has to read critically and dig but the knowledge is there. I learn something from every post.

The guy lives in AK and only hunts blacktail and black bears... and he "does a lot?" BS. He doesn't hunt out of sight of logging roads. Where are the caribou, sheep, goats, moose? That would require work, and that requires more than hauling your fat ass around on an ATV or truck, sniping the low hanging fruit. He certainly does shoot paper a lot, and does know about that. He also runs his mouth a lot, but that's not the same as hunting the highcountry, which is what this thread is about... he's never been on a mountain backpack hunt in his life.

You can bullchit the fans, but you can't bullchit the players...

You have a point Brad. Theres a difference in being a hunter and a shooter.

I could probably teach him a thing about shooting a bow, but theres too many great guys out there to spend time with enjoying the outdoors without spending it with another asswhole. The Lord was right, a man only needs one.

Glad i dont have two and see one in the mirror when i shave. smirk

Last edited by jaguartx; 04/01/17.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Originally Posted by DLSguide
Sounds good, if you get one that shoots. Lots of bad reports on Kimber rifles.. Seems like there are more bad ones than good. Good luck.

Here's a couple groups from my 7 WSM Kimber from a couple weeks ago. 100 yards, prone w/Harris and a beanbag. 162 Amax's, the melty ones <grin>:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

But with that having been said, here's my thoughts on the matter.

Shooting ultralight rifles that well is HARD. Anyone who wants to do so had better either have already put in the work to get good that way, or be prepared to put in the work. It will likely take many hundreds of rounds minimum just getting your technique figured out. In particular, horizontal stringing is a bear with ultralights. The cure is a REALLY light trigger and consistent right hand position and trigger pull. The trigger on my Kimber is under a pound pull. Beyond that is just the need to build a good position; the crosshairs should "want" to be on the target, don't be using muscle tension to pull or push the crosshairs onto the bullseye or upon recoil that stored muscle energy will throw a flyer.

Those things are all true with any rifle, but an ultralight will really show you your ass so to speak. smile

A sub-6 lb .280AI shooting long range bullets (heavies) will be a handful. Just go into it knowing there's likely gonna be some personal work to do. Don't expect things to be real consistent at first.

Edit: 3-9 is PLENTY of X's to get to the OP's max range. I'm about to put a scope with a 10x top end onto a high-end rifle build I intend to shoot out to TWICE the OP's max range. No experience with them but by all accounts the SWFA is a great choice.

Great shooting Jeff.

When bigstik goes to his grave he should feel free to have engraved on his stone that jag said he was the best long range shot ever known.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by AKPENDUDE
Originally Posted by mitchellmountain
Big stick,

Is that you in those pics? When I read your posts someone with the appearance more closely resembling Christopher walken comes to mind. Besides the hulk stash you look like a pretty normal dude. I guess you just never know.

Peace and goodwill

MM

He looks pretty much exactly like what I expected. He must be lonely.

Theres lots of genius's in the mental case crew.

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by bwinters
× 100

I started a post in response to his diatribe on me but declined, have better things to do. Anyone with a ballistics program and 2 minutes can discover the error of his post. Secondly, as you correctly point out, the OP was asking about mountain rifles - not 1000 yard ballistics. Guys get all wrapped up in his BS and insults and miss the fact that he diverts every discussion to shooting 1000 yard paper targets. Strap a backpack on and give it a whirl. Or simply do a day hunt 4-5 miles off Trail. More to mountain hunting than cartridges and rifles. If that was all it took, we'd all be driving 6.5-378 in 10 lbs rifles shooting the latest whizbang slippery target bullets.

As he's fond of saying, you can BS the fans but not the players.

The other thing I'd add for the newer guys. I've been here long enough to have seen BS evolution on cartridges, rifles, scopes, and methods. You'd think he was the fount of all knowledge. He seems to forget he evolved over the years - in more ways than one. You'd think he'd give that same courtesy to others. I recall the days of a useful, and witty, BS post. Those days are long gone.

I also wonder what he'd do it we posted 10 individual BS threads at once. With his 1 post/day limit it'd be fun to watch. Kind of like a male Yorkie in a field full of fire hydrants. He'd explode trying to figure out which one to piss on.......

Well said, and like a halfway decent fugger too. wink

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by bwinters
With his 1 post/day limit it'd be fun to watch. Kind of like a male Yorkie in a field full of fire hydrants. He'd explode trying to figure out which one to piss on.......

And my very favorite couple sentences!

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by scenarshooter
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Turret spinning is one thing, but I can definitely understand wanting to go a different direction for scabbard use.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Never had a turret move once on this outfit...been in and out of this scabbard thousands of times, as you can see.

Yeah, turrets spinning accidentally isn't an issue I struggle with, in any scenario. But those low-profile turrets and the sleek scope certainly look a bit more scabbard-friendly than the SS fixed power scopes. Of course, the fixed power SS scopes could work just fine in a scabbard, while maybe not ideal for the application, especially if a guy has a way of making himself a custom scabbard to accommodate the larger turrets wink

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Jest fer schitz n giggles

[Linked Image]

Merkel k1 in 7mm-08

[Linked Image]

scoped

fits quite handily in a pack!

[Linked Image]

easy to transport!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I have three. With the Recknagel twist off mounts or Blaser saddle mounts they return to zero every time.

ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 04/01/17.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's a pretty neat little rig GW. I'd sure feel bad about dropping it though!

Tanner

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Tanner
That's a pretty neat little rig GW. I'd sure feel bad about dropping it though!

Tanner

HAHA...my thought as well...damn handy little thing, but unless it had an ugly plastic stock and way less fancy metal work on it I'd be too scared to take it to the field.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Starsky- choices had to be made on that NXS/ bubble ring setup. I think if you shot that rifle you'd agree with mine-- especially if you tried it the other way, which I did. wink

Larry- that roll-caged Talley compatible 99-cent level is cooler'n anything you ever did or ever will do. And I did it on a Tuesday morning just for grins. The tolerances involved are beyond your ken so don't even pretend. Plus I shoot better than you these days. My BITCH!

And your reason for switching from Talleys ain't breakage. It's because you got obsessed with maximizing erectors. Cause shims are awesome and all.

Still waiting on that 45-degree port roll pic.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Sugar tits it's a good thing you are taking up photography cause those fat joules ain't getting any pussy unless tanner drops the soap. LOL. I should introduce you to starskys mom. Oh fûck. Beer is free tonight.

Last edited by fredIII; 04/02/17.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's gotta' suck to be completely consumed by jealousy of two dudes half your age, but at least TRY to hide it a little better there Fud... Maybe toss in a crappy photo of a dink animal or two to mask it a bit...

Tanner

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So we’re down to LA and velocity. Seriously?

Recall my posts about steering all threads to what you know? Your latest post proves that. Recall we were all having a pleasant discussion on mountain rifles and the things the OP offered up – Kimber in 280 AI. Not one to “tell” the OP what to choose unless asked, I offered that a 150/160 grain 0.284 bullet is hard to beat. You took exception for some reason to which I posted my reasoning for thinking such. I may even have seen a 280 before.

So apparently if a guy owns a long action that shoots MOA or better, he should acquire a short action? Your argument, like most others, is a bit hollow. My LA Montana’s weigh 6.5 lbs, my short actions right around 6. Having hauled both around the mountains in the west, I can assure you all is well with the LA Montana for mountain hunting.

Velocity? I’ve seen your load data through the years and I’ll pass. I value my eyes and face. Feel free to load up the magic 6.5 Creed -BS, pun intended, any way you want. Might be hard to believe but the same can be done with the 280 or any cartridge for that matter. I may even have shot a 280 before.

At the end of the day, I’m not trying to “tell” you anything. I made a statement concerning 7mm bullets that you felt compelled to rant on – rather erroneously. I provided the basis for my statement and also provided a comparison of apple-apples – I think the 7mm-08 is a SA……..

The only reason to challenge you is because I can’t stand the way you de-rail every thread you post on. And I hate the way you treat people seeking to understand something. You apparently came from the womb with all the knowledge of the universe. “Lucky” for you. For the most part, I ignore your posts and associated rants. You have issues which is plain to see. You chose a stupid argument with me for what reason? Because you could. The only problem is you’re wrong. No amount of pictures, profanity, or stickian Anglish is gonna change the fact that you’re wrong – and a troll. And for that matter, you have no idea on anything about me from which you pontificate on – zero. I think we’ll leave it that way.

You are right with your bandwidth comment. I have wasted more time than I should replying to you. Bet that doesn’t happen again.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Tanner
It's gotta' suck to be completely consumed by jealousy of two dudes half your age, but at least TRY to hide it a little better there Fud... Maybe toss in a crappy photo of a dink animal or two to mask it a bit...

Tanner

🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣. Jealous of a guy that has to sell his guns to get by after every hunting season. You snow flakes are a riot.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
scenar',

Turrets,tape,Kungfu shifters,DBM and meaningful BC's...will reliably cross more than a few eyes and cause copious consternation,for Drooling Dumbfhuqks.

Rather partial to Safe Queens myself.

Laughing!.............

Sammo,

A different scabbard would REALLY "change" your game. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Laughing!..........

jag',

I'll feign my GREAT fhuqking "surprise",that a Whining Texan could hit reply (5) times in a row and KNOW better than to try to muse anything,in regards to The Rifle. Congratulations?!?

The Texas version of everything,is fhuqking HILARIOUS! The only thing you "shoot",is your mouth and Imagination.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.................

Bradrica,

It's your Imagination,Pretend with it as you MUST. Congratulations?!?

You and JeffZero are doing "great".

Bless your heart.

Laughing!................

Jordan,

There's only one word to say to someone,who is stumped with something as fhuqking simplistic as a turret and that is "WOW!".

Though I am of course NOT slighting...how very difficult these simplistic matters are,for The Paper Hat Brigade. Boolit boxes are VERY "tricky" too and Bradrica can almost nearly pick a State to "live" in.

Bless their hearts.

Laughing!...............

'dubya,

I'd like to drive that steaming pile of Texas Schit for a coupla days. Wilderness Air and actual use,would prolly double it's value and might just mebbe change the "looks". Congratulations?!?

That parcel really seems to have paid some dues. What sorta Agg's do she crank at the 600-700yd line,as per the crux and whattya' doing to align POA/POI intersections at said distance(s). As an aside,what sorta boolits do that piece of schit suffer? Do tell...it WILL be fhuqking funny!

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...............

Tanner,

I'd rather sandbag low key.(grin)

[Linked Image]

Tough to beat 162's in a 20" Tactical BABLR and 10 Mils on the other side of a 200yd zero...prolly don't suck.

Or so I hear through The Grapevine.............

'lanche,

I've seen handy and I've seen dandy and that fhuqking thing is neither. Hint.

Pass the GOOD stuff and hold the fluff.

[Linked Image]

Just sayin'.

Hint.

Laughing!...............

JeffZero,

STUPIDITY isn't a "tolerance",it's a plight and them differences are beyond stark. Congratulations?!?

My bad...I guess them failed LW's weren't broken after all. Thanks for your keen "insight". LAUGHING!

'Nother Safe Queen failure. Hint.

Laughing!

[Linked Image]

'Nother Safe Queen failure. Hint.

Laughing!

[Linked Image]

I enjoy your Retardation for lotsa fhuqking reasons,none of which ain't fhuqking hilarious. What were the "odds" that you feel compelled to try and "compare" yourself to me,as you Whine aloud in regards to your very WELL founded Insecurities?!? Hint. Just saying. Laughing!

The portside roll has been covered with crystalline clarity,but I realize how "tricky" cardboard boxes are for you,so I'll again grantcha' opportunity to partake in your perpetual DUMBfhuqktitude and the Sweet "Satisfactions" of same.

Pardon all being beyond the your pointy head and crossed eyes,as well as your "means","abilities" and "comprehension"...though in no particular fhuqking order. Now you can say you've "seen" a Plug & Play. Google it. Hint.

Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Thank you for "telling" me about inclination,this is ALL "new" to me. I'd never even heard of tapered rails,DD Signatures or any of this stuff,until you went to waxin' eloquent on same. I enjoy how "real" your Imagination and Pretend is to you...you "lucky" kchunt. Laughing!

I'm VERY "surprised" that you couldn't dangle a pic of a single Critter,that wasn't hilarious in it's dismal "magnitude",as applied to "all" that you "know","do" and "apply". Hint. LAUGHING!

Try sumptin' like this,if only in passing:

"Yep...them Illuminatti's rate the billing and their 62 Mils of erector travel,conjoined with 10 Mils of Skookum windshield(50+ Mils available here),grant unmatched opportunity,as per whim. Kinda' groovin' on a 18" BHW LW Middy spittin' Hornie 75 BTHP's at 2850fps ala Lever' in R/P hulls stroked with 400's and them CMC triggers blow Geissele away. The Roger's Super Stock locks up nice and the sweet simplicity of tossing F/A aside,is soothin' in the extreme and Loudeners suck ass like Bradrica.

Nice to have the finite control to hit Northbound Victims in the Southbound tracks and seal the deal,with but a simple press of that great trigger. A Beaver Dope stoked ocular,connects all dots by default and the windshield with getcha' to 1K,while blowing away a NightFarce SFP and their dogschit reticle/travel. One needn't factor a Mil based lead,when Victims are pulling away from the 12:00 O'clock position".

Then dangle a pic like this. Hint.

Laughing!

[Linked Image]

I'd mention if only in passing and if only as per ALWAYS...that any/all erector travel below zero is 100% fhuqking useless. I get it,that you don't get it,because the only thing you shoot is your mouth and Imagination...then you perpetually reiterate that obvious ad nauseaum(that means a fhuqking lot). Hint. LAUGHING!

Maybe this will be THE year and you'll be able to dangle a pic of a Critter that ain't a RAT or a DINK?!? Then again...Reality do have a way of reliably colliding with your Fantasy. You go girl!

Bless your heart.

Laughing!............

Fredrica,

I getta kick outta your keyboard slurring,as you do your "best" and are sadly devoid an inkling...as to just how fhuqking STUPID you are. Congratulations?!?

You suck a mean ass,you "lucky" kchunt.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!..............

'winters,

"We" is a fhuqking hilarious Delusional Ruse. YOU are talking out your ass,in regards to the things you "know" the LEAST about. Congratulations?!?

Physics and facts preclude what you THINK you "know" and as per always,.284" 150/60's are very fhuqking easy to slap around,as you perpetually reiterate obliviously.

Not all Long Actions are the same and the Montucky bane as plainly cited and as pictured in crystalline clarity,connects them obvious dots. You haven't the "faculties" to process that which stares you in the fhuqking face,but I enjoy you Lying out your ass,about wares you've never even fhuqking "seen",let alone "used". Pardon my having mebbe gunned a Montucky or 50. Hint. Laughing!

A Long Action 700 will grant oportunities that a L/A Montucky could not begin to fhuqking DREAM about,due their mechanical differences. That'll come as a fhuqking "surprise",only to someone as fhuqking STUPID as you. Hint. Laughing!

I have ZERO doubt,that "all" your "experience","knowledge" and "results" allow you to get giddy about adding a goodly percentage in rifle weight,barrel length,rifle length,recoil and noise...to nearly keep pace with a far more svelte S/A offering. That's quite a Sales Pitch,give or fhuqking take. Hint. Laughing!

What were the "odds" that yet another CLUELESS Kchunt has followed my every word and every splendid pixel and thinks that "living" vicariously,equates to a FIRST Fhuqking Clue? Lemme give you a "hint",in that it assuredly do not. Hint. Laughing!

Pardon 6.5 Kreedmire Factory Fodder,doing as I do...with like boolits. Hint. Better read that again. Now one more fhuqking time. Hint. Laughing!

Of course you cannot "tell" me or anyone else,anything,but you sure as fhuqk can TRY. It's never been tough to cypher who shoots and who don't and the very LAST thing I'd wanna do,is swipe either your Imagination or it's Pretend,if only because you'd have NOTHING left...and that'd be mean. Hint. Laughing!

It must be very "rewarding" for you,to "shoot" your Cyber Bullets and Cyber Rifles,in order to "attain" so "much" "knowledge". Hint. LAUGHING!

Had you put a nickle in the kitty,for every time you "cited" that you "do NOT care" and are "done",you'd be able to "afford" one box of the bullets you are "telling" me about and see them for the FIRST time. Now ain't the poignant profundity of that Dichotomy,not just a bit funnier than fhuqk?!? That'd be a gross understatement. Hint. Laughing!

The ONLY fhuqking way you could add any more EPIC fhuqking hilarity to this Thread...is to "think" that there is suddenly a "run" on Montucky 280AI's and Ping Pong Balls. You'll haveta' yet again pardon Reality,for colliding with your Fantasy.

My "issue" is simplistic. I simply shoot it all and am afforded the luxury,of not being forced to guess. I very much getta kick outta you CLUELESS Kchunts doing your very BEST and the humor associated with that EPIC Dumb Fhuqktitude. Personally,I'd not steer someone to a compromised parcel,when there is a path of least resistance,that connects farrrrrr more dots and garners more fruit by literal default. I realize you have to "convince" yourself of something and it is REALLY working "great" for you. Hint. Laughing!

You are in soooooooo fhuqking far over your pointy head,that you've less than zero inkling and do NOT "think",them facts ain't funnier than fhuqk too...you "lucky" kchunt.

Do not let the cat get your tongue,nor the couch your kchunt. Hint. Just saying.

Looking forward to your "declaration" of Imaginary Pretend Ignore,as you gain yet another handicapped Parking Permit. Hint.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm so deep into Larry's head it's making me feel like a bully. grin

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
I'm so deep into Larry's head it's making me feel like a bully. grin

That's a stretch.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Big Stick

'dubya,

As an aside,what sorta boolits do that piece of schit suffer? Do tell...it WILL be fhuqking funny!

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...............

B,

long time, no back and forth. Hope the new year finds you well.

I see you've not lost your knack.

As to what boolits..........

[Linked Image]

7mm-08

The kind that usually put two leaky holes in critters

[Linked Image]

308 Win.

[Linked Image]

Hill Country Wind Chimes.

ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 04/02/17.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Page 5 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 26 27

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (1badf350, 10gaugemag, 16gage, 06hunter59, 1lessdog, 1minute, 54 invisible), 2,955 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,955
Posts18,519,375
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.