Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
P
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
Customer: "Man I love the .375 Ruger! You know what I really love about it though?"

Me: "Yep, great cartridge! What makes it so special to you?"

Customer: "I love the .375 cuz in a pinch you can also shoot "7 em em" in it! Yep, you can!"

Me: "Uhhhh...no you shouldn't!"

Customer: (now walking away) "You sure can, just shouldn't unless you have to."

Some people just leave me speechless...

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Woman asked the gun counter clerk what's best for home defense. Clerk recommends the Remington 700. Different store: Man asks for best bear defense gun. Gun counter clerk recommends the Ruger Mini 14 (.223 Rem).

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You should introduce him to the contender and the .45 .410 the man will think he died and went to heaven!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by PastorDan
Customer: "Man I love the .375 Ruger! You know what I really love about it though?"

Me: "Yep, great cartridge! What makes it so special to you?"

Customer: "I love the .375 cuz in a pinch you can also shoot "7 em em" in it! Yep, you can!"

Me: "Uhhhh...no you shouldn't!"

Customer: (now walking away) "You sure can, just shouldn't unless you have to."

Some people just leave me speechless...

Shouldn't or can't?

Will a belted 7mm Mag even chamber in a 375 Ruger?

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I like the 24 year old know it all punk onion-heads that were chaptered out of the army for getting 3 dui in a month.

MOS may have been a generator mechanic, or did brake jobs on humvees but tries to pass himself off as a seal or spec-ops.
Now they work at uncle Ginnys gun shop or whatever and spout bs about how awesome the "two sevenney" was as his sniper rifle

Hahahaha

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I was at the archery range yesterday. There was a 20-something kid with his girfriend and I heard him telling her a story about a guy who was handling a firearm recklessly.

Sounded like a great story, but this was 15 minutes after I'd pulled my arrows out of my target, turned around, and found them standing on the line, her with the bow in one hand and an arrow in the other. I'm pretty sure if I hadn't barked at them the next srep would've been nocking the arrow.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I think a 7mm gives you fire formed brass. But it may be cracked.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
It's funny, I've heard more bullchit spouted by OLD guys at gunshops and gunshows than any other group.

Pretty much like on the 'Fire.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I'd like to thank the folks that select our specops folks so they don't snap on idjit morans acting like they were Rangers,Seals etc.

Bangflop! another skinning job due to .260 and proper shot placement.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The .38 Super will interchange with the .38 Special.

I really made an enemy that day when I corrected the salesperson.

Whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Couple of years ago I was in Academy, at the ammo section, and a guy was in the way, and I noticed he had several boxes of 45ACP. I asked him what kind of 45 he had.

He said he didn't. He had a Taurus Judge, and the guy behind the counter told him that 45ACP would work in it too.

I told him to put those ACP's back, and then took him to the 45 Colt selection... crazy

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
For the longest time during this 22 rimfire hoarding/rationing thing....Academy here was rationing 22Hornet.
Weren't no use in correcting someone that sells soccer balls and yoga pants.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some folks were at a local gun counter last spring, and soon to leave town on a plane. Seeing a nice selection of 22 ammo, the young fellow pointed out that they could pack it into their carry-on luggage (legally). They left without buying, but when I corrected him, he went on to include the "fact" that handguns could also go in carry-on luggage. Perhaps he was confusing "checked" baggage with "carry-on", but either way, his feathers were ruffled when, failing to carry the argument further, I simply dropped the page from the Federal website at the counter for him to peruse. While he was correct that a person could get by with it when flying many small rural Alaskan commuter flights, doing so is a violation of federal law which is not taken lightly when violations are discovered.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by kennyd
I think a 7mm gives you fire formed brass. But it may be cracked.

If it don't you'll have a brand new fire formed 458 Win Mag case in the Ruger chamber. grin

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by krupp
The .38 Super will interchange with the .38 Special.

I really made an enemy that day when I corrected the salesperson.

It might fire if the firing pin was an inch and a half long. crazy ;]

Trump Won!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steelhead
It's funny, I've heard more bullchit spouted by OLD guys at gunshops and gunshows than any other group.

Hey now, be easy on us OLD guys.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
A friend of mine is an information-tech type and inexperienced with firearms. He mentioned that he needed to get some ammo for his pistol and was having trouble finding any. He then showed me an H&R revolver chambered in .32 S&W Long.

I opened the cylinder and ejected 6 rounds of .32 ACP....
Uh, hey bro, these won't work, says I.

Oh yeah, they sold them to me at the gun shop and they shoot just fine!

I showed him the cartridge drawings in a loading manual along with the pressure listings. Went and bought a few boxes of Federal 98 gr wadcutters in .32 S&W L, and told him to put those few rounds of .32 ACP away for a VERY rainy day.

Ha, I didn't even know that .32 ACP is semi-rimmed and it actually did chamber and fire in this revolver. Could be good to know in a pinch. The case dimensions are close and though it's loaded at more pressure the bullets are one thousandth smaller diameter. My buddy got lucky.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
That semi-rim is true for the .38 Super, too. In an emergency, you can safely chamber and fire some .38 Super ammo in some .357 revolvers, but it's not for normal use. (I've done it. The ammo worked fine in a Ruger Security Six but would not chamber in a slightly tighter Blackhawk .357.

It would be VERY dangerous to try that in a .38 Special, since the Super is loaded to nearly .357 pressures.

The older .38 Auto has the same dimensions as the .38 Super, but is loaded to much lower pressures - a fact that has destroyed more than one pistol chambered for .38 Auto.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by slumlord
For the longest time during this 22 rimfire hoarding/rationing thing....Academy here was rationing 22Hornet.
Weren't no use in correcting someone that sells soccer balls and yoga pants.

this^ ^ ^ ^ ^ is funny and true and sad all at once

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead

I don't know anyone here that would do that. whistle

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

517 members (1234, 1lesfox, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 160user, 56 invisible), 2,397 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,378
Posts18,488,532
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.