Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
sns2 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Before you blow a gasket, let me tell you I am Canadian. I am not young, pushing 50, and have voted for right wing parties basically for my whole life. As you may know, we have universal health care. Our taxes pay for whatever is needed, whatever the issue, wherever you may find yourself in our country. No one has ever died for lack of being able to afford the care they needed or went bankrupt as a result. It's in our version of a Constitution, and it's just a part of our national fabric, and to us seems just the human thing to do.

So can I ask why people got so wound up at Obamacare? I am not trying to stir a hornet's nest, I am just asking an honest question, and genuinely want to know, as watching CNN or Fox just seems like a bunch of angry people yelling:)

Last edited by sns2; 04/17/17.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh God.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by sns2
Before you blow a gasket, let me tell you I am Canadian. I am not young, pushing 50, and have voted for right wing parties basically for my whole life. As you may know, we have universal health care. Our taxes pay for whatever is needed, whatever the issue, wherever you may find yourself in our country. No one has ever died for lack of being able to afford the care they needed or went bankrupt as a result. It's in our version of a Constitution, and it's just a part of our national fabric, and to us seems just the human thing to do.

So can I ask why people got so wound up at Obamacare? I am not trying to stir a hornet's nest, I am just asking an honest question, and genuinely want to know, as watching CNN or Fox just seems like a bunch of angry people yelling:)

You need to look up the Affordable Care Act and see the differences. Its not the same system. Its not paid for the same way. Many other things as well.

The expert at anything was once a beginner.

JC
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
sns, You sound like a Canadian friend that thought obamacare is the same as the Canadian plans. It is not, everyone I have talked to, insurance has gone up, and a lot.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
sns2,

First there were millions who didn't WANT insurance whom we tax payers are now paying for. Second I will only mention my daughter and son-in-law's experience because I know about it. Their premium went from $600 per month to $1,200 per month. Their deductible went from $1,000 to $12,000. If you have any idea about cost, you can see they functally don't have insurance anymore.

If O-Care is eliminated there won't be millions of folks loose something they don't want. You can't loose what you don't want. It is a relief to see it go.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B2

C
ccd Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
It was written by the pharmaceutical companies' lobbyists. Spiraling costs for insurance companies and guaranteed profits for pharmaceuticals,which would eventually force USA into single payer. It was designed to "fail" from the start.

Health care costs for young middle class population ended up being more than their mortgages. Benefits for medium to large scale employer plans sucked. In my cases for same cost to employer plan went from small copay to the first $4k employee had to cover. Would hate to see how small employers got screwed.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

My first response would have been , If you have to ask then you're probably too stupid to understand the answer. Then I saw that you are in Canada. Since you are in Canada I will give you a pass. Just stay up there in Canada & live happily ever after.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The ACA kills the self employed or small business man who purchases insurance on their own.

In the last 4 years, my monthly premiums have more than doubled, and my Max. Out of Pocket has more than quadrupled, all while my benefits have decreased.

Obamacare is nothing more than wealth redistribution. It takes, at gunpoint, from those that have and gives to those who have not.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The difference is in price controls on providers.

In the US, providers are under far less constrictions on price of service. They set the price, people or their insurance pays. If they get TOO greedy, they can be dropped by insurance networks, but in medium and small towns, it's near impossible to drop the only hospital.

In Canada, prices are set much more top down, and providers are closer to price takers.

As a result, we get much more health care per person (and pay for same). Unfortunately, we really don't get significantly better outcomes than our Canadian neighbors.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Trumpcare 1 was a lot worse

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
night and day,
Your taxes pay for it(everyone pays),everyone is covered.
O care,some people pay higher premiums and deductables so all can be covered.
For me personally,my premiums are about 3x what they were before,and we have to spend 7k in deductables before ins. kicks in and its only 80% coverage.
I don't consider "that" the human thing to do....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Obamacare means that the middle class effectively has NO health insurance, so that scumbags do.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
1. Whenever the government gets more involved in any complex system, they screw it up.

2. If Obamacare were eliminated IN ITS ENTIRETY tomorrow, not a single American would lose health care.

3. Obamacare was designed as a hybrid system that would eventually fail under it's own weight so they could try to leap frog into 100% government run health care.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
sns
I am originally from Canada so will try to answer what you are asking.
Have many family member still there and some of the unbelievable waits they go through to see a Doc. is ridiculous. A Nephew needed heart surgery to fix a valve waiting nine months to get the surgery is totally un-acceptable. Having the Gov't making decisions on your health and not you and you Doc. is totally un-acceptable. With the Gov't controlling the purse strings, they in effect are controlling the populace, whether you realize it or not, not a good situation. The Gov't is also controlling a bigger portion of the economy by doing this. Down here I call my Doc. and get an appointment from the next day to less than week, can you do that each and every time? Need a Gall bladder surgery Doc. say would you want it done this week or next, try that in Canada. I hear how my relatives have to wait,
Just my take on the differences that exist. Cheers NC

Last edited by northcountry; 04/17/17.

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Your country lacks the first two Amendments.

As such, your opinions and questions shan't be considered.

Good day sir.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
It let .gov dig 20%-25% deeper into the pocket book of most working folks who buy , and almost doubled the cost of providing ins for companies.

Ex. A 60 yo widowed female on $2400 per mo. income went from
paying $750 to paying $1250/mo.

IOW, shes now paying for a bunch of liberal scumbags and unemployed black, browns and whites.

A guy with a wife and 2 kids went from paying $11,000 to 19,000 a year, after losing his job.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Obamacare means that the middle class effectively has NO health insurance, so that scumbags do.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Instead of providing a safety net for all citizens, the ACA devastates the self-employed and working poor.

abusus non tollit usum
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Another "bonus" for those with good, employer-provided plans is that really good ones, the so-called Cadillac plans, are taxed at an astounding rate (the employer is taxed), presumeably to force them to cut the benefits so everyone is equally miserable. Fortunately, my former employer has honored their commitment to their employees and retirees and while co-pays have gone up a bit and active employees had to pay a small part of the premium, the insurance is still excellent. The Medicare Advantage plan I started this year is, if anything, better than my PPO was.

Obama also cut all kinds of side deals with his political supporters that weren't available to everyone, another Third World Hellhole aspect of his regime.

What fresh Hell is this?
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Because it bent us over is why it ain't worth a [bleep].

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Those here now that cant afford new ins prices and food will not have ins and will only be getting ER care. IOW, lots of people who could afford ins 2 years ago are gonna die, unable to afford meds or dr appoints.

One lady totally disabled hadnt to pay $19/mo. on some disability plan. Starting Jan this year the bill is 465/mo.
She cant afford her diabetic meds or drs visits. I guess when her foot ulcer gets gangrene the er will amputate.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (1Akshooter, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 21, 10gaugeman, 59 invisible), 2,454 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,450
Posts18,489,657
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.