W
WRO Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by WRO
My wife wants me to get snipped but I'm scared Schittless of both needles and don't trust the medical profession as a whole..

I tried to to do it last week, but when the needle came out, I put my pants back on and hauled ass out of the office..

That being said, I did some research
afterwards and it seems that there is chance of long term pain, early onset ED, etc associated with the procedure..

Anyone have any words of advice or have any complications?

So what you're saying is the research is being used to cover for your fear of needles. grin

I found a place that will put me completely under, I just wanted to make sure that when I wake up everything would still be in working order.

GB1

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
So you guys worried about pain and negative effects resulting from a vasectomy:

I gaurandamntee it ain't gonna hurt near as bad as when Momma has to push out that kid which she didn't really want anyway. And long lasting negative effects or injuries, have you guys looked at some of the negative consequences a woman might face carrying a child?

Possible consequences of a vasectomy pale by comparison in scope and frequency.

All forms of birth control have failure rates. Most as high as three percent.

While my wife and I wanted a couple kids, we actually intended to wait a couple years for finances to stabilize. We were using contraceptive foam and condoms both times when she got pregnant.

Turns out, the kids were not much more expensive than a couple dozen conoms each week.

Come on boys....man up.... and get em snipped!

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
If I had to give birth my wife and I would be childless. I haven't slept in 48 hours from the pain of my shoulder surgery. There's no way I'd get a vasectomy, I'd just keep taking the pill. 😉

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

I gaurandamntee it ain't gonna hurt near as bad as when Momma has to push out that kid which she didn't really want anyway. And long lasting negative effects or injuries, have you guys looked at some of the negative consequences a woman might face carrying a child?

While my wife and I wanted a couple kids, we actually intended to wait a couple years for finances to stabilize. We were using contraceptive foam and condoms both times when she got pregnant.

Turns out, the kids were not much more expensive than a couple dozen conoms each week.

Sorry, but outside of complications, I'm not overly sympathetic. They were made and designed for bearing children.

MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by northern_dave

Somebody probably told you to shave your junk. This is good advice, shave your junk just prior to the appointment. That will save you from having some giggly, squirmy, fabulous male nurse shave them for you.

You're welcome.

They told me not to shave beforehand, they wanted to make sure there was no stubble I guess. Also, having not taken the valium they'd prescribed ( i had to drive home) my plumbing was still in full effect. Had one pretty nurse teaching the other pretty nurse how to do it. My tongue was bleeding by the time they were done, trying to keep from "raising the flag". One of my few regrets, I should've let it happen. Yeah, I'd have likely be thwacked or something but maybe not?

MAGA
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
My buddy from my previous story said his nurse was a 6'4" linebacker of a dike so he wasn't worried about raising the flag. He said when she scrubbed his sack she wasn't gentle and that he could feel the loathing she had for his franks and beans.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Going in to give my sample afterward was possibly the most embarrassing moment of my adult life.

MAGA
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Lol. That would be awkward.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
If I had to give birth my wife and I would be childless. I haven't slept in 48 hours from the pain of my shoulder surgery. There's no way I'd get a vasectomy, I'd just keep taking the pill. 😉

When the doc tells you the pill may kill you with cancer you MIGHT think different.

RE pain... I've talked to female nurses that have had kidney stones... they say they'd rather have another child... well some of them have said that.

I've had numerous stones and pain meds really don't work to speak off... I haven't gone in for stone in years... stay home, moan and groan and wait for it to pass...

But I digress.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

Couple dozen condoms a week...... LOL..

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Several years ago I had trouble getting numbed up for dental work. Same dentist I have used 30 or more years. He couldn't understand it, shots, wait, not numb, repeat, not numb. The third time I was numb enough to deal with it. By the time we went home my whole face was dead. Never had a problem since.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by rost495

Couple dozen condoms a week...... LOL..

Just the first couple years, of course. She was a monster while carrying our son. But the next kid dampened her enthusiasm. I had the snip done soon after anyway.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Doc told me to tell wife that I would need blow job once a day for a couple weeks as a recovery therapy.

I had the procedure in 2001. Doc was real good. I was advised before procedure to get a couple bags of frozen corn or peas. Use these in place of an ice bag. Pliable and light weight.

Was done at docs by noon on Friday. Drove home, stayed on the couch with the bags of corn the rest of day.Drank a few beers too. Went to work Saturday morning, took it easy. No real pain or complications.

During procedure I distracted myself by reading a magazine held up to block what doc was doing. Only thing that got my attention was when a smoke signal went up while the cauterizing was being done.

GOA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Going in to give my sample afterward was possibly the most embarrassing moment of my adult life.

Another experience for me that was as bad as the procedure itself.

Showed up to drop off my first sample and the young lady at the front desk tells me to just go on through the doors straight back to the lab desk down the hallway.

When I get there, the are two ladies are kind of looking at me crazy like "what are you doing here?". I told them the receptionist had sent me back to drop off my sample for testing. One of these women then walks me back to the front desk with my sample and scolds the young receptionist for sending me back unannounced in front of a waiting room full of patients. She made no effort to keep the conversation private. All I wanted to do was get in and out of there as quickly and discreetly as possible. That didn't happen at all.

What about guns?When do we get guns?
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 204guy, 1badf350, 68 invisible), 2,989 guests, and 1,195 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,614
Posts18,532,896
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.