Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It never gets old.
Ever since you bragged about stealing car batteries from Costco, clearing every visited WalMart and/or grocery store of your version of lowlife customers and just generally "sticking it to the man" where ever possible, I have been given a little ray of hope for the future and prosperity of this great nation. Lead on.

Have Dog

Will Travel

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"Oregon...giving Texans something to feel good about since 1859!"

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by MojoHand

That's funny, and I live in Oregon.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by Calvin
Seafire makes stuff up.

Lonely tonight Calvin? Bad day at Walmart?

I'll make something up... just for YOU...

You're NOT an IDIOT.....

See Made that up right off the top of my head...

Besides, I am glad you were there.... to make the observation you just claimed...
about making things up...because you just made up YOUR post...

and what pray tell would be anyone's motivation for that?

Addendum:

Guess it isn't just you tho... I see the Usual Heckel and Jeckel crowd is out scavenging today also..

heck...Tzone is evidently keeping score for us all...guess he doesn't have nothing better to do..

although Steelhead's "suicide" comment was TFF....

Could swear Fireball2 wrote that.

"People are picking on me. Poor me! Waaaahhh!"

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by MojoHand

Applies just as well, if not better, to Washington.

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

IC B2

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by tzone
Seafire doesn't joke. He's very serious about anger towards getting kicked out of MN, Walmart, cheap scopes and calling customer service.

personal problems been getting you down there T?

I haven't been kicked out of anywhere...

I left your 'fair' state for a reason...

didn't you post recently that you can't wait to get out of there also?

but then lately you sure like to sit up in the bleachers and nit pick what I
ought to do...

but if you don't like what I post, do yourself a favor....

Don't read them and then you won't get your shorts in a knot...will ya.

Like the commercial... Go eat a Snicker's Bar...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by wageslave
It never gets old.
Ever since you bragged about stealing car batteries from Costco, clearing every visited WalMart and/or grocery store of your version of lowlife customers and just generally "sticking it to the man" where ever possible, I have been given a little ray of hope for the future and prosperity of this great nation. Lead on.

Slavey,

how in the hell have you been? haven't seen you around much.

must be busy at the Truck Stop...

Hope this finds ya doin well... you've always been my role model and moral compass... cool

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wageslave
It never gets old.

Slavey,

how in the hell have you been? haven't seen you around much.

must be busy at the Truck Stop...

Hope this finds ya doin well... you've always been my role model and moral compass... cool

Well, Duh....
I am everyone's role and compass.
I leave in a week to bring light to the Dark Continent.
I'm a giver.
Slave
P.S. I gave up on Oregon......just too much stupid gathered there.
Sorry.

Have Dog

Will Travel

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I can understand you perspective..

Lewiston is kinda the Harvard Square of Idaho isn't it?

Have a good time on the Dark Continent, whether you're talking about Africa or Oakland.

Don't forget your bag of Oreos... the natives in both places seem to like them.

Might get ya out of a jam at the right time.

Last edited by Seafire; 05/03/17.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If that is the case what are you doing on the Campfire?
You should be solving world peace......
In one day.
ISIS? Hi fellas. I'm Grants Pass Johnnie. I would like to offer you an Oreo.
You should be loading planes, trains and automobiles, right now.
Not twisting and flogging a cheap scope at SW, then crying about their shítty help.....
Give him an Oreo to brighten his day.
I shouldn't be having to point this out to a person as smart as you think you are,
but I'm a Shepard of good.
Start baking and bitch less, is my advice to you.
Regards,
Slave

Have Dog

Will Travel

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I did that once. Mounted a scope so the elevation turret was on the left.

I did get it sighted in, but it was tricky.

When I worked as a rangemaster, we used to get older Win. Model 94's with the sidemount. The scopes would be mounted so the adjustment turrets were rotated counter clockwise to get them out of the way of ejection. This inverted the windage and elevation adjustments. I'd always have to think about it, write it down on a piece of paper and then make the correct adjustments. It works once you think it through, but it was a bit of a PIA.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Uhhh..

so when is sharing an experience, that I thought was pretty funny ( the reason I shared it)
translated as me bitching about it? But Guess that is Campfire Logic...

Gee Slavey... I took you to be a little smarter than some of the "usual Crowd" on here...

Don't Tell me you're slipping...

If someone else posted the exact same post...like everything else it, it depends on who they are,
on how it is interpreted..

But the usual responses, makes one laugh as much as Good old Will at SW in K Falls would.

I saw the glass first hand... Will not being able to explain the elevation adjustments, was handled
by a quick call to Customer Service at Vortex.

but I disgress.... you have fun on your Trip to Oakland, bonding with the natives and all.

maybe they'll take you with them on a drive by.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
.. In Klamath Falls Oregon...

Stopped by the S.W. there in K Falls, when I was passing thru last week.

They had a Vortex 2 x 7 x 35 Diamondback for $129, and with my military discount, $123.00.

I was being waited on by some guy about 40, who had been showing a handgun to someone before me.
Said he was the only person at the gun counter at the time.

I was looking at the windage and elevation adjustments, and then rear focus ring adjusting it to be able to
have it where it was focused for my eye sight.

Finally he grabs it out of my hands, and yells at me to quit playing with the adjustments...
I was going to end up adjusting it enough that I was going to let the nitrogen out of the scope, that the factory puts
in there so it won't fog up. And he wasn't about to pay for a scope because I screwed it up and let the nitrogen out of it.

I ask him who taught him about scopes? His dad....

I maintain my composure, and ask him how do you set the elevation knob back to zero, once you zero the scope..

He tells me you can't.... he always zeros his scope at 100 yds and calls it good.. any good hunter does the same thing.

Oh and I had the windage and elevation knobs wrong...windage is on the left and elevation is on top...

Tells me I must not know much about scopes...

Since I wasn't getting any answers from him, I went out to my truck and called Vortex...

As we went over my experience, he told me I must have been fortunate enough to meet the stupidest SW employee in the country.. I had to agree.

after the call, I went back in the store and told him I was going to buy one... He hands me the demonstrator, telling me to take that one as I might have screwed it up... I told him NO, I want a new one in the box...He was real pissed, but told me he wasn't going to pay for the one that I had "screwed up"..

so he goes back in the back and makes a big production out of finding one...

I put my hand out to take the box and he pulls it to his chest and tells me he'll lead me up to the cash register.

Then as he hands the scope to the sales manager that happened to be by the register, he tells him that I probably screwed up their demonstrator.

They ring it up and I tell the manager that they need to move that guy to something like Hiking Shoes, instead of being back there playing with rifles, handguns and scopes.... where he isn't going to end up getting someone hurt.

This clown wasn't even Walmart "Quality".... for anyone that might go into the K Falls SW... this yoyo's name was Will.

and he has MY vote for SW's Stupidest Employee nationwide.

This sounds "funny" to you?
Whatever toots your horn, I guess.

In your world you hope you get him fired. That way he can be in line at some store and use his EBT card in front of you and then you can rush here and tell us about the loser welfare guy.

Anyway, hope Vortex via phone was able to answer your question on "how to set an elevation knob back to zero, once you zero the scope."

Good Luck.

Slave

Have Dog

Will Travel

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Well Slavey....

now you are just getting nasty.... I'll rack it up to a bad hair day...

the only wise ass comment you did make, that deserves response... and only that one.

the last thing I ever want to or desire to do, is to get someone fired from a job....

what good would that do the world....

and being able to have a resetable zero was a make or break deal for me to desire to
purchase that scope....

Wasn't going to put my money down, to find the answer to that question or go thru
the hassle of returning it.

boy, I love the way some of you YoYos get your shorts in a knot over what someone
does who lives miles from you people....

Isn't the internet grand...gives some of you Bozos a social life, you otherwise wouldn't have.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that there seems to be an awful lot of drama in OR?

My son and his fiance have been in Portland since February. He was starting to swing a little liberal due to her. I do love her like my own and she is a kick ass restaurant manager who has no fear of hard work. Having said that my son is shocked at the breadth of snowflake millennial crap he hears and sees daily. She actually would love to have a just couple of her old (mexican) employees with her. She is having a hard time hiring and keeping people because of their snowflake mentality. These kids come from Southern California where you would think that nowhere could be worse but they were surprised at the cultural difference.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Well went in to our local place called Tiger arms, two guys working one asian and one white, the white fellow I had dealt with before, but this was the first time dealing with asian guy, was buying some stuff and remembered I wanted more of my neck lube, he says he never heard of it, I said it has been around for years, and that there was I believe a newer type that uses beads, but told him my old stuff was imperial, said never heard of the stuff and could not help, did not even look it up or look in his books, so took what stuff I bought and left, a quick search of the internet shows it is out there, oh and asked for H4831SC he said no stock, so I said do you show powder on your website, guys say nope, said it was best to phone once in awhile and see if they have any powders in.
So go home and there on there website is powders listed that they have in stock, and of course shows what is out at the moment.

Not the most knowledgeable folks.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I went to our local shop yesterday to handle a 1911 I'm thinking about buying and give them a chance to price match before ordering on line.
They couldn't come close to the price but the manager schooled me on a lot of things I didn't know about 1911's and cheerfully said he'd just have to settle for his $20 transfer fee.
We have a Sportsman Whorehouse too...I shop there for some items but I dam sure wouldn't go in there looking for expert advice from their counter jockeys.
Life's hard enough without making it harder on yourself and the folks trying to make a living at big box stores.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Uhhh..

so when is sharing an experience, that I thought was pretty funny ( the reason I shared it)
translated as me bitching about it? But Guess that is Campfire Logic...

Because about everything you post on the 'fire is you bitching about someone in Oregon.

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Last time Dad and I were in the Billings Cabela's, Dad asked to look at a Redfield Revolution while standing in front of several Redfield scopes in the counter, the counter guy told him they didn't carry any Redfield scopes..

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Originally Posted by gophergunner

When I worked as a rangemaster, we used to get older Win. Model 94's with the sidemount. The scopes would be mounted so the adjustment turrets were rotated counter clockwise to get them out of the way of ejection. This inverted the windage and elevation adjustments. I'd always have to think about it, write it down on a piece of paper and then make the correct adjustments. It works once you think it through, but it was a bit of a PIA.

Originally Posted by gophergunner

All you have to do is lie down sideways on the bench with your head to the left as you adjust.

Last edited by navlav8r; 05/04/17.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (1minute, 06hunter59, 257robertsimp, 270cowboy, 1_deuce, 1Longbow, 57 invisible), 2,440 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,546
Posts18,472,944
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.