Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
.. In Klamath Falls Oregon...

Stopped by the S.W. there in K Falls, when I was passing thru last week.

They had a Vortex 2 x 7 x 35 Diamondback for $129, and with my military discount, $123.00.

I was being waited on by some guy about 40, who had been showing a handgun to someone before me.
Said he was the only person at the gun counter at the time.

I was looking at the windage and elevation adjustments, and then rear focus ring adjusting it to be able to
have it where it was focused for my eye sight.

Finally he grabs it out of my hands, and yells at me to quit playing with the adjustments...
I was going to end up adjusting it enough that I was going to let the nitrogen out of the scope, that the factory puts
in there so it won't fog up. And he wasn't about to pay for a scope because I screwed it up and let the nitrogen out of it.

I ask him who taught him about scopes? His dad....

I maintain my composure, and ask him how do you set the elevation knob back to zero, once you zero the scope..

He tells me you can't.... he always zeros his scope at 100 yds and calls it good.. any good hunter does the same thing.

Oh and I had the windage and elevation knobs wrong...windage is on the left and elevation is on top...

Tells me I must not know much about scopes...

Since I wasn't getting any answers from him, I went out to my truck and called Vortex...

As we went over my experience, he told me I must have been fortunate enough to meet the stupidest SW employee in the country.. I had to agree.

after the call, I went back in the store and told him I was going to buy one... He hands me the demonstrator, telling me to take that one as I might have screwed it up... I told him NO, I want a new one in the box...He was real pissed, but told me he wasn't going to pay for the one that I had "screwed up"..

so he goes back in the back and makes a big production out of finding one...

I put my hand out to take the box and he pulls it to his chest and tells me he'll lead me up to the cash register.

Then as he hands the scope to the sales manager that happened to be by the register, he tells him that I probably screwed up their demonstrator.

They ring it up and I tell the manager that they need to move that guy to something like Hiking Shoes, instead of being back there playing with rifles, handguns and scopes.... where he isn't going to end up getting someone hurt.

This clown wasn't even Walmart "Quality".... for anyone that might go into the K Falls SW... this yoyo's name was Will.

and he has MY vote for SW's Stupidest Employee nationwide.

Last edited by Seafire; 05/01/17.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You found yourself a doozie.

When I read the thread title, I thought you'd lost your mind.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Best one I had was the prairie dog hunter. Forget where he was going. Anyways he was taking his 17HMR. With several coffee cans full of handloads so he could afford to shoot more. Asked him where he got loading supplies. He knew a guy. I walked away before he finished his story I was afraid stupidity might be contagious.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks Sea,

I will certainly keep that person in mind in the future as that's one of the "big towns" my wife and shop at when I'm down south with her.

I even know right where it is, was in there a coupla months ago.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I know that I know very little and my experience is somewhat limited; but in some stores I seem to have more knowledge and time than the employees.

With the exception of Call of Duty. I have no time on video games but some of these "I am a LtCOL in Call of Duty" commandos can get a little bossy. So far I have not had as bad as experience as the one Seafire just had.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wow!
Don't expect much from SW but that goes beyond bad customer service.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
glad to no i willnot go their

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You should have really put on a show for him and look through the scope backwards while telling him the magnification didn't work because it had too much nitrogen in it.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Ingwe works at Sportsman's?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 44mc

That's one hell of a first post.

Welcome to the campfire.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
John,

Most of the people I come across at SW seem knowledgeable so this idiot must be off the bell chart . Of course the one I go to( Roanoke VA) might be an outlier as well grin

That beats my Walmart Story BTW . I was at the local Walmart a few years back and the day before hunting season a customer bought a Ruger 77 stainless in 300 win mag. He also purchased a bubble pack bushnell and weaver mounts from the helpful Walmart Employee. In the middle of the transaction, I helped her remove the bolt from the rifle and box up the rifle. She said I must have done that before, and I told her my retirement savings reflect that. SHe then was distracted and I pulled the prospective buyer to the side and told him to ditch the Scope and rings since A: IT came with factory rings grin B: he needed to get a more robust scope other then a 39 dollar Bushnell for a 300 win mag.

Last edited by Oldelkhunter; 05/02/17.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Should have told him to ditch the 300 Win Mag also. Probably not the perfect rifle for a guy that shoots a hand full of shots per year.........

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by centershot
Should have told him to ditch the 300 Win Mag also. Probably not the perfect rifle for a guy that shoots a hand full of shots per year.........

Well the fact he bought it the day before the NC deer season started was enough. Yeah it for sure is not a beginners or part time shooters gun

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I wouldn't want you to be around guns.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Seafire makes stuff up.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I was in a Dunhams when the gun counter guy was explaing to a customer that he should buy a 30/06 because he can also fire 308 Win in it.Kind of like shooting 38 Specials in a 357 Mag.I told the customer to buy a gun somewhere else where the salesman actually knows what he is talking about.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that there seems to be an awful lot of drama in OR?

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I did that once. Mounted a scope so the elevation turret was on the left.

I did get it sighted in, but it was tricky.

I am MAGA.
L
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by centershot

Well the fact he bought it the day before the NC deer season started was enough. Yeah it for sure is not a beginners or part time shooters gun

I have a better story. Several years ago on the afternoon before the deer opener I stopped at a gun shop for some cleaning supplies. I had to wait to check since the only clerk was assisting a couple of professional types help an Asian buddy pick out a deer rifle. They chose for him a Weatherby MK 5 in .300 Wby and a $40 Bushnell Sportview scope which the shop bore sighted for him. He was going to be in the woods the next morning with a rifle that had not been zeroed. He was also a short, slender fellow, so I think he got a real surprise when he fired the first shot.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kingston

That's one hell of a first post.

Now, now, kingston be nice. laugh crazy grin

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 1234, 007FJ, 10ring1, 57 invisible), 2,815 guests, and 1,295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,611
Posts18,473,867
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.