.. In Klamath Falls Oregon...

Stopped by the S.W. there in K Falls, when I was passing thru last week.

They had a Vortex 2 x 7 x 35 Diamondback for $129, and with my military discount, $123.00.

I was being waited on by some guy about 40, who had been showing a handgun to someone before me.
Said he was the only person at the gun counter at the time.

I was looking at the windage and elevation adjustments, and then rear focus ring adjusting it to be able to
have it where it was focused for my eye sight.

Finally he grabs it out of my hands, and yells at me to quit playing with the adjustments...
I was going to end up adjusting it enough that I was going to let the nitrogen out of the scope, that the factory puts
in there so it won't fog up. And he wasn't about to pay for a scope because I screwed it up and let the nitrogen out of it.

I ask him who taught him about scopes? His dad....

I maintain my composure, and ask him how do you set the elevation knob back to zero, once you zero the scope..

He tells me you can't.... he always zeros his scope at 100 yds and calls it good.. any good hunter does the same thing.

Oh and I had the windage and elevation knobs wrong...windage is on the left and elevation is on top...

Tells me I must not know much about scopes...

Since I wasn't getting any answers from him, I went out to my truck and called Vortex...

As we went over my experience, he told me I must have been fortunate enough to meet the stupidest SW employee in the country.. I had to agree.

after the call, I went back in the store and told him I was going to buy one... He hands me the demonstrator, telling me to take that one as I might have screwed it up... I told him NO, I want a new one in the box...He was real pissed, but told me he wasn't going to pay for the one that I had "screwed up"..

so he goes back in the back and makes a big production out of finding one...

I put my hand out to take the box and he pulls it to his chest and tells me he'll lead me up to the cash register.

Then as he hands the scope to the sales manager that happened to be by the register, he tells him that I probably screwed up their demonstrator.

They ring it up and I tell the manager that they need to move that guy to something like Hiking Shoes, instead of being back there playing with rifles, handguns and scopes.... where he isn't going to end up getting someone hurt.

This clown wasn't even Walmart "Quality".... for anyone that might go into the K Falls SW... this yoyo's name was Will.

and he has MY vote for SW's Stupidest Employee nationwide.

Last edited by Seafire; 05/01/17.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez