Originally Posted by LeonHitchcox
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by centershot
Should have told him to ditch the 300 Win Mag also. Probably not the perfect rifle for a guy that shoots a hand full of shots per year.........

Well the fact he bought it the day before the NC deer season started was enough. Yeah it for sure is not a beginners or part time shooters gun

I have a better story. Several years ago on the afternoon before the deer opener I stopped at a gun shop for some cleaning supplies. I had to wait to check since the only clerk was assisting a couple of professional types help an Asian buddy pick out a deer rifle. They chose for him a Weatherby MK 5 in .300 Wby and a $40 Bushnell Sportview scope which the shop bore sighted for him. He was going to be in the woods the next morning with a rifle that had not been zeroed. He was also a short, slender fellow, so I think he got a real surprise when he fired the first shot.

Yeah, was shopping at Walter Craigs in Selma(no longer open) and lo and behold there was a Accumark 30-378 being readied with what appeared to be a 56MM Swaro scope of some flavor for a customer. The Clerk was bore sighting it for this gentleman, he was scheduled for a hunt at one of the nearby lodges the very next day. I wonder how that worked out for him?