Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Or dinosaurs taste like chicken. wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
GB4

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They died off from hairy palms....

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I saw an interesting science programme recently. The dinosaur extinction theory revolved around the meteorite impact in the present GOM area / Yucatan peninsular. Massive heat blast from molten mantle material released by fracture of earth's crust - 'volcano' BBQed everything within about 600 mile radius of impact site. Tsunami wave effect damaged local coast line of mega continent of the time - Pangea or Gondwanaland. Embarrassingly, do not remember the name even though IU studied mining and petroleum geology for my first degree. The dust plume / fragments of earth crust rose high into the atmosphere and spread out, creating reduced light levels and temperature drop: silica particles acted like tiny mirrors, reflecting sun light back into space etc.. This created a 'nuclear winter' effect globally.

So, big dinosaurs begin dying off, eh / ph of sea and rivers changes killing sea creatures, as plants begin dying and temperatures drops. the food chain is disrupted, so dinosaurs begin dying off. So far so good.

BUT, and this is where I have additional thoughts. It is now thought the dinosaurs were warm blooded, not cold blooded. Creatures that size would have to sun bathe a lot just to shuffle around. Not efficient and would not give them enough time to eat each other etc.. So, they would have been able to deal with some temperature variation and migrate somewhere where things were better.

Also, if the 'nuclear winter' killed the plants, which starved the herbivore dinosaurs which, in turn, killed of the T Rex type beasties, how come the little mammals and insects survived - insects to pollinate plants, little creatures eating the insects, plants and each other if it was polar conditions everywhere? I am thinking the continent wide effect, away from epicentre might have been 10 years worth of wet,mild summers, like England but then things would gradually turn around. There are precedents for this Santorini and Krakatoa volcanoes creating weather disruptions. Additionally, the geological records show a number of distinct extinction episodes.

I would hazard a guess the dinosaurs were too specialized / adapted to their environment and when this changed over time, began dying out. The magnetic poles have flipped a number of times through geological history (from my studying memory), earth's precession / wobble on earths axis and slightly elliptical orbit around the sun played a part in ice ages. which have occurred at different times in the geological history as well, as shown by the lithological / stratigraphic record.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
They didn't go extinct. Today we call them birds. Most dinosaur species went extinct, though, by the end of the Cretaceous. No one is sure why, but likely had a lot to do with whatever celestial object made the Yucatan Crater.

They didn't go extinct. Today we call them birds. Most dinosaur species went extinct, though, by the end of the Cretaceous. No one is sure why, but likely had a lot to do with whatever celestial object made the Yucatan Crater.

Wrong.

You need to catch up from the Enlightenment, Hutton, Lyle, and Darwin. You are a Christian and teaching right?

The dinosaurs became extinct after The Flood and world wide environmental changes including the ensuing ice ages.

You have a lot of reading and catching up to do. Don't preach this like its fact. I gave you credit for more....perhaps wrongly.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The dinosaurs died out because there was no single payer health care.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They didn't fit on the Ark.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Well, yes, the little young ones did....

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Froze their azzes off!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

Wrong.

You need to catch up from the Enlightenment, Hutton, Lyle, and Darwin. You are a Christian and teaching right?

The dinosaurs became extinct after The Flood and world wide environmental changes including the ensuing ice ages.

You have a lot of reading and catching up to do. Don't preach this like its fact. I gave you credit for more....perhaps wrongly.

😀

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Froze their azzes off!

Wouldn't that have taken the crocodilians with them? Same distributions.

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by RS308MX
They had large scale problems from the gecko. grin

Ain't nobody know a joke when they sees it? Sheesh.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Yeah,

The cavemen rode them to death!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They took Jesus out of their schools and it all went to hell after that.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
A sliver tongued community organizer persuaded them all to sign up for Obamacare.

Last edited by denton; 05/26/17.

Be not weary in well doing.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

Somebody mentioned it before, but the latest accepted theory among the "educated" is a M-A-S-S-I-V-E Volcanic event in the wilds of Russia, released enough lava to cover the entire United States in many many feet, and the resultant gases and such had a major climate change effect.

This was closely followed (in geologic time) by the Chicxulub event in the GOM, which had its own environmental effect along with setting the entire world ablaze.

However, nowhere in the world has there been found ANY dinosaur above this KT boundary of the Chicxulub event. You would think some would've died later, farther away and been mixed with the fallout layer blanket coming down to layer the earth. but nada.

Which leads scientists to think the dinosaurs where already deadified when Chicxulub hit.

Incredibly interesting.

Last edited by WillARights; 05/26/17.

Trump HAD the World, ", Trump saw our children, "
Trump saw a way to make a brighter day so he started giving
There was a choice he was making, he was saving our own lives
Its true he made a brighter day for you and me. --Trump WINS 2016
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by WillARights

Somebody mentioned it before, but the latest accepted theory among the "educated" is a M-A-S-S-I-V-E Volcanic event in the wilds of Russia, released enough lava to cover the entire United States in many many feet, and the resultant gases and such had a major climate change effect.

This was closely followed (in geologic time) by the Chicxulub event in the GOM, which had its own environmental effect along with setting the entire world ablaze.

However, nowhere in the world has there been found ANY dinosaur above this KT boundary of the chixulube event. You would think some would've died later, farther away and been mixed with the fallout layer blanket coming down to layer the earth. but nada.

Which leads scientists to think the dinosaurs where already deadified when chixulube hit.

So... you're saying God double-tapped them? grin

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
'elll, when a better solution emerges, it get's implemented. that's called progress, or even evolution.

when the '06 winny hit the marketplace, the world stood up, took notice, and then bowed down.
what's clear is that if the dinosaurs had a hope in hell of surviving, they'd have done so. no?

the dinosaurs adapted, adjusted, and made do, through the changing seasons. winter?

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

Well He do what He do.

He didn't talk any instruction from me. I would've asked He leave a few of the more well known to hang around so I could hunt them. grin

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

But Im poopooing on the joke....

So I'll say they all caught cold after their employers made them go smoke outside, cause second hand smoke kills.

(Unless its the new and improved dope smoke.). crazy

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
this crap is not a joke. it's real. when the asteroid struck the Urth it caused a warble in the orbit. it cause the urth to lean backward, and then re-correct. the whole thingy took a whack, and adjustments were made. it brought on wintertime. cold, cold cold. dinosaurs don't do cold, right? enter the mammals, hairy, small, and plenty of fur & food.

evolution is with us. but so what?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

632 members (007FJ, 10ring1, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10gaugeman, 67 invisible), 2,034 guests, and 1,207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,880
Posts18,479,095
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.