Page 39 of 165 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 164 165
A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Actually, that's clearly asking too much of you.

~ toke ~

How about, continue being pathetic girlymen, but be pathetic girlymen who have the guts to bet me a box of bullets?

~ holds ~

You won't, because you know you'll lose. Even just in the time frame during which this thread has run, that's become apparent.

~ exhales ~

You kids need me to offer you odds? Would 2:1 help you locate your shriveled little raisin-sacks?

~ bong hit, water gurgling ~

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
You were 'tell' us all that Trump was phuqued two months ago (give or take). Now you're looking to take bets after years of being wrong about damn near everything political?

Fine.......box for box:. Trump isn't going to get impeached over this issue. Done?

Personally, I give zero schits one way or the other. If, and I mean IF he did wrong..........[bleep] him. I'm rolling with much noise with little substance, though.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nope. Read up on contract law. Intent to deceive, etc.

Or..... prove that Matt Flynn didn't talk to Russians. wink

Stop being such pathetic girlymen.

It's not like I take you seriously anyhow,

But I should prove a NFL QB "didn't" talk to the Russians?

You claimed he did, The burden is on you. Innocent until proven guilty and all,

WOW.

carry on.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bigfish9684
Obviously not. Jeff blamed Mag for Jeff's own mistake. But yeah, Jeff needs to pay up.

Don't tell Jeff.........Truth be told I really don't want Jeff to pay up, I would not be comfortable with him having my address who knows what his drug addled mind would be capable of........

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
BitchO when he's called on his bullshit:

I can't prove a negative, dumbass. Nobody can.

BitchO when he's weaslin' outta payin a bet he lost:

prove that Matt Flynn didn't talk to Russians.

Dunno why anybody bothers postin here. The bitch argues with himself mosta the time.

And would wonder why nobody wants ta bet with his bitch ass.

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I will just send you the $10.00 because he by far the dumbest MFer I have ever saw on a forum!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Nope. Read up on contract law. Intent to deceive, etc.

Or..... prove that Matt Flynn didn't talk to Russians. wink

Stop being such pathetic girlymen.

Jello knows about girlymen from personal experience.

[Linked Image]

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
I have a box of boolets that says Trump will not be impeached. Period... No other disclaimers. Future R congress or D congress does not matter as long as he holds office.

I will even sweeten that deal and offer your choice of bets.

I will put up ten boxes of bullets of your choice buy them now and place them in escrow.
The bet; Trump will not be impeached for anything he has done to date 5-25-17. This bet to be settled on 12-31-18..
You put up, since you posted to me a year ago that you would no longer engage in politics "because you sucked at it", your word that you WILL NO LONGER hold political discourse here on the Fire. You do not have to leave the Fire just no more politics for you...period ...

Now this is a stretch for me since you have already said once you would no longer be discussing politics (since you suck at it) and have not kept your word but I will give you the chance to be good and hold you to a gentleman's bet....Are you having any of it?

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by okie
I have a box of boolets that says Trump will not be impeached. Period... No other disclaimers. Future R congress or D congress does not matter as long as he holds office.

I will put up ten boxes of bullets of your choice buy them now and place them in escrow.
The bet; Trump will not be impeached for anything he has done to date 5-25-17. This bet to be settled on 12-31-18..
You put up, since you posted to me a year ago that you would no longer engage in politics "because you sucked at it", your word that you WILL NO LONGER hold political discourse here on the Fire. You do not have to leave the Fire just no more politics for you...period ...

Now this is a stretch for me since you have already said once you would no longer be discussing politics (since you suck at it) and have not kept your word but I will give you the chance to be good and hold you to a gentleman's bet....Are you having any of it?

Well, that there contains the elements of the contract that Jeff has demanded. 1) a specific thing 2) a specific time 3) a specific payments. Easy to bog a thing down with a bunch of complications but that seems pretty straightforward. Certainly enough for 'these parts'.

Jeff, this is where you get to counter offer. Counter offer is not writing three paragraphs of BS either. Counter offer is saying something like, I'll take it but with a date of 2-15-19. Sure as you are I'd up the anti and say Trump is impeached by the July 4th, for 20 boxes of boolets...or I just leave forever. But that's essentially how offer counter offer works. I've not seen you make an actual offer that includes the elements of a contract as the above offer does.

Then Okie can agree or not. Or you can just man up and take a most reasonable and clearly defined offer, as presented above. I'll not hold my breath and doubt any others are either.

Liberalism; The impossible yet accepted notion that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Smokepole- a bet is a contract and should be treated as such. I didn't care for the initial offer he made, as I recall, though I don't remember why (I think it was because what he was offering up if he lost was not of interest to me) but I'm open to negotiating a bet with him that works for both of us. Furthermore, I have a STANDING OFFER to anyone who reads this to bet about this issue. No takers, except maybe Jorge, but he keeps changing the terms (in contractual terms, making a counteroffer) which negates my latest offer to him... and around and around we go. Can't seem to nail that one down, but it ain't for lack of trying on my part. But anyway, given the above, why are you singling me out when the whole assembled group of readership of this thread has the opportunity to bet me, but won't? Where's THEIR conviction in their beliefs? Where's your criticism of that?

What a load of horse sh**. You asked a question. I provided an answer. If you disagree with my answer, say so. I don't have the time to sort through all the drama contained in your post. Or the inclination.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by bigfish9684
You can stop now Jeff. Everyone here is now positive that you're retarded. Some people sure are slow to learn though.

Even the retarded make fun of him.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by okie

Hi Okie,

That's not an unreasonable offer. It's not what *I've* been floating out there; what I have been trying to get takers on is that Trump and/or members of his campaign would be "shown", prior to the 2018 midterms, to have colluded with Russia, because earlier in this thread most everyone was in vehement denial that collusion was even a possibility. One of my prime motivators here, on this thread, has been to try to pry open some brains so as to let a bit of reality seep in; that reality being, that any well-informed dot-connector would have to concede this likelihood. Either I succeeded at that, or else the events that have been reported since we started this thread have opened some eyes, or else these guys are just gutless... but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of resistance around here anymore to the notion that there was likely collusion, as evidenced by the near-total lack of simple 1:1 bets about that, try as I might to find takers.

So my next goal is to get folks to concede that such collusion would be a big deal, also vehemently denied in these parts.

Now, as I've said recently and more than once, I'm starting to think that it's at least possible that Trump himself knew nothing of any collusion. I mean it's either that or he just colossally clueless; his actions recently (firing Comey, saying publically that Russia was a reason, bragging to the Russians about it, etc) are really hard for me to understand in the context of him being personally guilty of this, but if he's clean, then they are at least understandable, if really, really tone-deaf. If he's guilty of it, they can only be seen as some kind of desperate, extremely high-stakes bluff and I don't think that's what's happening here. Or, he could think that his base is so willing to believe anything that comes out of his mouth that he's playing to the base in a misguided attempt to.... I don't know... start a revolution?! That doesn't make sense either. So, at this moment my particular guess is that he personally was not involved in the collusion. But as always- I could be wrong about that.

Back to your offer. I'm inclined to take your first bet, if for no other reason than to just FINALLY get one on the books, but we need to clarify a couple things first. Most important is what do you mean by "impeached"? Impeachment is a 2-step process. The House passes articles of impeachment, the Senate convicts. Bill Clinton is said to have been "impeached", but he was obviously not convicted in the Senste, nor removed from office.So, what do *you* mean by it?

Because I kinda suspect he'll end up leaving office through other means, technically. Nixon, for example, resigned.

Let me know what you are thinking there. And THANKS for being, I dunno, real.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by smokepole
Smokepole- a bet is a contract and should be treated as such. I didn't care for the initial offer he made, as I recall, though I don't remember why (I think it was because what he was offering up if he lost was not of interest to me) but I'm open to negotiating a bet with him that works for both of us. Furthermore, I have a STANDING OFFER to anyone who reads this to bet about this issue. No takers, except maybe Jorge, but he keeps changing the terms (in contractual terms, making a counteroffer) which negates my latest offer to him... and around and around we go. Can't seem to nail that one down, but it ain't for lack of trying on my part. But anyway, given the above, why are you singling me out when the whole assembled group of readership of this thread has the opportunity to bet me, but won't? Where's THEIR conviction in their beliefs? Where's your criticism of that?

What a load of horse sh**. You asked a question. I provided an answer. If you disagree with my answer, say so. I don't have the time to sort through all the drama contained in your post. Or the inclination.

Your answer was silly.

Since you can't/won't parse words all of a sudden I'll just leave it at that.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
No it wasn't. When someone is spouting off about what they are sure will happen, a time-honored technique to call their bluff is to make a bet that involves them risking something really valuable to them. A box of bullets is a trifle.

When they won't take the bet, it's a dead giveaway that they're not willing to "put their money where their mouth is."

A wise man is frequently humbled.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Impeachment is clearly done by the house so to clarify the terms set forth in my offer it would mean impeachment by the house and would not include conviction by the Senate.

Colusion" is the latest form of smoke and mirrors set forth by a biased media who do not hold to our level of morality or patriotism and want nothing more than to see the end to our way of life. Public discourse with such people serves no purpose and wastes time. That is not hiding our heads in the sand its called knowing what you believe in and standing up for it .I am far from alone...

Having clarified that why then would I waste my time and resources with you? Among my many skills I have a background in training horses and I always gave even the bad ones the chance to be good. Here's your chance to prove if your bad or just gullible and misguided. There is a chance it could do neither one but that is the nature of a bet.
My assessment of you right now is you have a few good traits but you are hard to load in the trailer although you have got in it a few times. No one has taken the time to teach you how to give.(In a horseman's world that has nothing to do with benevolence) You do not know what you do not know. There's holes in your training but hope they can be filled in.

If you lose the bet and follow its terms you can stay on the fire and just listen and learn more about politics and hopefully other things life in this great country has to offer from "real" folks like us.
Now the first bet I offered is just that very simple but there is no denying the second bet is much more intriguing...Yes?
Ask yourself this...If you accept the second bet and lose then follow its terms, who wins?
Are you having any of it?

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think it's possible that impeachment proceedings could take place, based on the investigations...I don't think the Congress will vote to impeach him tho, it would take serious evidence for that to ever happen with a Republican controlled House/Senate.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by smokepole
No it wasn't. When someone is spouting off about what they are sure will happen, a time-honored technique to call their bluff is to make a bet that involves them risking something really valuable to them. A box of bullets is a trifle.

When they won't take the bet, it's a dead giveaway that they're not willing to "put their money where their mouth is."

So, by your logic, the fact that most of these wankers won't even bet a box of bullets is a dead giveaway that they don't believe their own BS enough to even risk a "trifle". Got it. And I agree. Ain't that just a [bleep] peach.

I'll put my money where my mouth is. But that doesn't mean I'll take any harebrained, inequitable bet offered.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Okie,

To your first proposal, to illuminate my reason for not jumping on it, I think that should it come to that, Trump would resign before formal impeachment proceedings were concluded. Since that would have me technically losing the bet while winning the overall argument, that doesn't work for me. So here's my counter:

A box of bullets says Trump won't finish his first term.

As to your second proposal, first, I would never require you to put the bullets in escrow. I'm operating in good faith here and my presumption is that you are as well or we wouldn't be talking. This is why, for instance, I won't bet bigfish: he's willing to flat out lie to defame me, then continue the lie even when it's shown he's lying! And mark my words, he'll keep doing it. But for those of you who aren't lying scum, which is most of you, my presumption is good faith on your part and that's my posture as well.

As to the meat of your second offer, you're going to have to bear with me a second here.

Think about the points I've been trying to make here- about the breakdown of civil discourse between partisans, primarily. Look at my .sig; look at the other thread I started about motivated ignorance... Okie, this isn't me trying to be annoying; this is an issue I care DEEPLY about. Our society is in a pickle, MULTIPLE pickles, and we will not find productive and palatable ways forward by sticking our fingers in our ears. The 30% of rabid partisans on either end of the spectrum, who are basically unwilling to engage ideas outside their comfort zone and will turn red and stomp their feet if presented with such, ARE THE PROBLEM. Or at a minimum are a huge barrier to any solutions.

If I took my conservative views on guns, race, free speech, etc to a hardcore liberal forum, guess what would happen. They'd call me all manner of names. They'd gang up. They'd form a circle-jerk and agree with each other about how awful I was. Sound familiar?

But people like me, IE folks with a foot in both camps, who are willing to engage with and absorb the heat from the rabid partisans, are absolutely critical for the very survival of productive discourse in our society! And we are rare. There are a bunch of people here who more or less agree with the things I've been saying- again, more or less- and have expressed that to me in PM's. But they want nothing to do with trying to talk to what several have independently described as "the crazy people" on the Campfire forum. Because of my personality, the path I took to get here on this forum, and ironically my head injury, which greatly increased my "IDGAF" capacity and ability to let stuff roll off... I AM willing to talk to the crazy people!

So my question to YOU is.... you're a reasonable-seeming person; why would you even want to win that bet? Why is it SO IMPORTANT to so many of you that I shut up, or go away forever? Why is it so crucial that you not hear opposing points of view? Have you always been so iconoclastic? I submit that collectively, you have not. Over the past 15-20 years, I've helplessly watched about 1/3 of society, a 1/3 I think is really crucial, and who I at least somewhat identify with in terms of many shared values and ideals, obviously not ALL, but many... I've watched them slowly get indoctrinated into a belief system, a paradigm as it were, that AS LONG AS THEY STAY INSIDE IT, they can (apparently) sleep at night. This started with talk radio (dittos!) in the early 90's and has progressed since then, and has accelerated greatly in the last few years.

That mentality, I'm saying to you, is just as pure a poison on the Right as it is on the Left.

So you are asking me put up, on my side, a deeply-held core value of mine: the belief that smart people can figure [bleep] out if they communicate, and that it is absolutely critical to keep those lines of communication open. Against that you bet 10 boxes of bullets.

I'll pass on that one, but I wanted to give you the respect of a proper answer.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Jeffo in case you have not watched or read the news in the last 30 or so years or so,the crap that you spout is nothing but the same crap that has been on the airways and in the print media.

That said i respect your right to believe what you want but to hear you get all upset because no one will take up your misguided view is downright stupid,on your part.being how you are so perfect and all.

Have fun with your self.

Page 39 of 165 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 164 165

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (2500HD, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 1OntarioJim, 222Sako, 1lessdog, 62 invisible), 2,442 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,154
Posts18,484,287
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.