Hop To
Page 45 of 165 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 164 165
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Howdy folks. Thought it best to let this one rest until after Comey's testimony.

I'm sure y'all have eviscerated Comey on other threads. Some of it is deserved. I've read the news on both sides post-testimony and have seen where the general battle-lines are drawn now.

My takeaways, since you ask, are thus:

*Comey, Mueller, et al are the ones playing 3D chess here. I think it's in the realm of possibility that Comey's firing was an elaborate setup- by Comey himself. Certainly, the way he prepped for the possibility, and then played it when it occurred, was brilliant; it has resulted in a) a special prosecutor who b) is not just anybody, but the un-impeachable (as opposed to Trump, haha) Mueller... who has carte blanch (and political cover) to investigate all this stuff in ways Comey never had... and it has also resulted in Comey being free to talk.

*Theres now a pure and simple credibility battle between the two men, Trump and Comey. Both have now called the other a flat-out liar. Since we know Trump IS a serial liar, advantage Comey... but more to the point, the "tapes" now loom as political land mines for Trump. All it takes is any of his administration, who would know about them, to be asked under oath if they exist. If so, they'll be subpoenaed as public records. And I'd bet the farm that they'll prove that Comey is telling the truth to the letter, and Trump is lying his orange ass off. So, Comey has now placed Trump in a position of great political (credibility) peril on that front; well... actually, Trump did it to himself because the [bleep] guy cannot just STFU. But Comey took that mistake and played it perfectly.

*Sessions is a dead man walking and will be the next domino to fall. Comey essentially assasinated his career. And what the heck is up with these guys not disclosing these meetings?! Jeez! If they were so innocent, just disclose them and move on. "It's not the crime, it's the coverup". Truer words...

* Mueller will be pursuing obstruction charges. They've got more "there" that Comey didn't disclose. Mark my words.

* Pence remains clean. Everyone on both sides is being studiously careful about that. Gosh golly I cannot imagine why.

* Trump's tax returns will turn out to be a Very Big Deal and will show numerous undisclosed Russian entanglements.

* That said, I still think it's at least 50/50 that Trump himself is NOT guilty of collusion with Russia. I think he's entangled in ways that would be suspicious (see: tax returns) and I think he's been incredibly naive about "Russia" at a bare minimum, but he might be innocent of actual, active collusion. But members of his campaign/family/ and/or administration are guilty as hell. Didn't take much reading between the lines to get that... reference Comey emotionally saying "but if Americans were HELPING them, that's a huge deal!" (Not an exact quote).

* the stage is now set; Comey and Mueller have rather brilliantly hemmed Trump in and he's in an almost literal minefield created mostly by his own big mouth. He's under enormous pressure. He responds poorly to pressure; eruptions will follow... anyway, they'll now be putting the squeeze on Kushner, Micheal "I'm not Matt" Flynn, and Manforte... someone will cave. Trump telling Flynn to "stay strong!" was brutally stupid. There's something "there".

* McCain is fading fast and won't be around much longer.

* Russia won the American 2016 presidential election.

I'll reiterate my willingness to bet a box of bullets that collusion by Trump and/or campaign associates will be demonstrated prior to the '18 midterms; or, that Trump does not serve his full term. Any takers, or are you guys just gonna call me names and puss out? I'm guessing the latter, because I think in your heart of hearts it's dawning on y'all that I'm right, you're wrong, and that is gonna suck bad enough without the added indignity of mailing me a box of bullets. But the offer stands. wink

You are freaking delusional.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by benchman

That would describe 8/10 people posting on this subject.....from both sides.

And who the fugg coined "3-d Chess" Lol!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by MadMooner

I form my opinions based on evidence. In the absence of evidence proving guilt, you are left with innocence. To make attempts to spin any information to fit your pre-conceived opinion that Trump is guilty, is delusional, in my opinion. Your mileage may vary.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
what does any of this have to do with the cia, false front purchasing orgs, and titanium?

and of course, there's the ruskies, the largest landowners in the world.

somebody said hillary sold the ruskies some canadian uranium?

the demo-publican consortium work for me and you.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
What an idiot.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by MadMooner

I form my opinions based on evidence. In the absence of evidence proving guilt, you are left with innocence. To make attempts to spin any information to fit your pre-conceived opinion that Trump is guilty, is delusional, in my opinion. Your mileage may vary.
He's delusional and can't even play 3D chess! grin

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
All name-calling, and nobody with the 'nads to place a simple bet. Got it.

Par for the course.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Is it at all possible that there is anything left to be said on this topic? Talk about your flagellation of a deceased equine.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B

Par for the course.

I am a retired vet, and have no money for bets. I just can't understand how you can reach your conclusions, is all.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Par for the course.

Your hero, J. Comey already says Trump didn't collude with Russia on anything, and there was no obstruction of justice.

What else you have, and what proof?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Par for the course.

Your hero, J. Comey already says Trump didn't collude with Russia on anything, and there was no obstruction of justice.

Comey's answer was a little more nuanced than that.

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/james-comey-testimony-russia-donald-trump/2017/06/08/id/794962/

Former FBI Director James Comey Thursday refused to answer, in open session, whether he believes President Donald Trump colluded with Russia.

"That's a question I don't think I should answer in an open setting," Comey said in his testimony to the Senate Intelligence Committee. "When I left, we did not have an investigation focused on President Trump. But that's a question that will be answered by the investigation, I think."

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The world will be a better place once jeffobama gets ass cancer. Hell, it's already in his brain and took his balls a long time ago. Or maybe when he fell off the ladder, his nuts got crushed and that's what gave him PTSD...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by jorgeI
The world will be a better place once jeffobama gets ass cancer. Hell, it's already in his brain and took his balls a long time ago. Or maybe when he fell off the ladder, his nuts got crushed and that's what gave him PTSD...

Considering Jeff0's head is up his ass I'd say he's already there.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by NeBassman
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Par for the course.

Comey's answer was a little more nuanced than that.

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/james-comey-testimony-russia-donald-trump/2017/06/08/id/794962/

Former FBI Director James Comey Thursday refused to answer, in open session, whether he believes President Donald Trump colluded with Russia.

"That's a question I don't think I should answer in an open setting," Comey said in his testimony to the Senate Intelligence Committee. "When I left, we did not have an investigation focused on President Trump. But that's a question that will be answered by the investigation, I think."

Be that as it may, Comey directly said Trump was NOT under investigation. And there was no obstruction by Trump in his opinion.

That is the two main take aways from the testimony yesterday.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
And there was no obstruction by Trump in his opinion.
Comey said he took Trumps statement that he hoped Comey could back off the investigation of Flynn as a directive.So by that, I believe he was trying to keep the door open for obstruction. I doubt anyone else did, except for the lieberals, but even then most of them likely knew better.

I don't believe the lieberals at the top believe their chit, but the rank and file buy the nonsense whole cloth. Pity there are so many lemmings in the world, politically.

The fact that Comey never asked for clarification of Trump's remarks concerning Flynn and never reported them as required, tells me it was and is a non-event.

Last edited by RickyD; 06/09/17.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
He's known as Mello Jello and he loves it and all that it means.......... What a schmuck head.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Par for the course.

I'll cover for Jorge and Benchman

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
What gets me is the timeline.

The fact that Senators and others in DC.knew that Trump was not under investigation at the first of the year and still Shummer and others went ahead with their calls for the Supreme court nominee to be held up while they investigated the so called Trump/Russia thing.

You can't make this crap up.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
You can tell by the mediocre attorney Trump has employed for his defense that the end is near. Marc Kasowitz. is in so far over his head it's embarrassing. His press conference yesterday was laughable. His written response to Comey's testimony was replete with typos and misstated facts. Even his corrected version released today was full of mistakes. Kasowitz is the attorney who got crushed in the Trump University settlement. He's a half-baked divorce attorney from NYC. His other personal attorney Michael Cohen is a punchline in NYC legal circles. He's a traffic ticket attorney.

Four prominent firms all declined to represent Trump. The reasons were "he doesn't pay and he doesn't listen". No news here.

I've stated for months that Trump is incapable of defending himself and it will all come down on his head when the Republicans stop coming to his defense. So far they are hanging in there but it's getting harder each day.

The Mueller appointment is the kiss of death for Trump.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

Why do you think Trump asked all the other White House people to leave the room before he asked Comey to back off the investigation?
Clinton did not sell the Russians 20% of our Uranium. It was done after 9 government agencies that approved it. You have to look at the total
interactions between Trump and Comey. Comey does say Trump did not collude, with the Russians, but people in the White House were,
Flynn, and others , the list keeps getting longer. The investigation keeps getting larger as Mueller goes on, it may now include Trump.
Time will tell. If Trumps not worried why did he Lawyer up.

Page 45 of 165 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 164 165

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

617 members (1234, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 65 invisible), 2,611 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,521
Posts18,509,659
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.