Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#12084222 06/11/17
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Good morning Campfire friends. This community was one of my Dad's favorite places to spend time...many of you became his friends over the years and it is to you all that I write this post.

On Saturday, June 10 at 8:40 pm, my Dad, Bigbuck215, left his broken and disease ravished body and entered into eternity with the God he loved so deeply. This was a hard fought battle that Dad was determined to win...even in his last days! He wanted to fight but his body was unable to continue. He was in the care of hospice for this last week and while we expected the moment, it arrived more quickly than we thought. In the last hours of his time with us, we called friends and family and gave them the opportunity to speak with him and express their love, to share memories and to say, "we'll see you later." In retrospect, I wish I had thought of that sooner...I didn't imagine that we would run out of time so quickly! We, as well as Dad, truly do believe that we will "see him later" as God has promised to those who believe in the salvation from Jesus Christ.

I want to express my gratitude to all of you. Dad was overwhelmed with your generous support and encouragement toward him. Please know that he loved you, admired you, enjoyed great camaraderie with you and had intense respect for you. The gathering that he attended in Arizona last year was some of the best times he's had! We enjoyed hearing about the cooking, the people, the dogs...for days when he returned. Thank you Ed and John for reaching out to me in the last week and sharing your thoughts with me about Dad.

Again...to all of you...thank you for being part of my Dad's life.

On behalf of our family,

Sandy

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

GB1

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
RIP we are lessor today on the Campfire

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
R.I.P. Bigbuck215.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We have lost a truly fine man and campfire friend. May God bless him and keep him close.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
RIP......... frown

IC B2

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
See ya later Ivan... an admirable man I was honored to call friend.

Kent

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
That man was a fighter and I'm glad that he's no longer in pain. May he enjoy eternity in the arms of our Lord. I'm sorry for his family and their loss and as already mentioned, the campfire is diminished by his absence.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
...I'm glad that he's no longer in pain. May he enjoy eternity in the arms of our Lord. I'm sorry for his family and their loss and as already mentioned, the campfire is diminished by his absence.

+1 R.I.P.

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
That man was a fighter and I'm glad that he's no longer in pain. May he enjoy eternity in the arms of our Lord. I'm sorry for his family and their loss and as already mentioned, the campfire is diminished by his absence.

Well said; Ivan was a good man and I am grateful that I'll get to sing beside him around the throne one day.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Condolences to his family and friends. ..RIP

IC B3

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by krp
See ya later Ivan... an admirable man I was honored to call friend.

Kent

Indeed...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I can't recall Ivan ever being rude or disrespectful on here and lord knows how hard that can be. That alone is a testament to a good man. He's smiling down on us from a spot where every meadow hears the elk bugle and Bigbucks run free.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Godspeed Ivan, You are no longer in pain and are now walking with Jesus.

God Bless Ivan's Family and Friends.

Gunner

Trump Won!
L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
RIP Ivan. Prayers sent for family and friends.

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Sad news for us. He went many heavyweight rounds. God bless his memory to us all. And, God's peace to his family.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Ya know, for a guy who was 5 ft 6, it was easy to look at Ivan and see a man 10 feet tall.

This nation was made great by humble hard working men of faith and belief in God and this nation,
Men that I admire, and Ivan certainly was representative of that,

He had many friends here on the campfire, especially those who were honored to meet and share a campfire
in real life with him at Roosevelt Lake. Around Ivan, it was hard to feel bad about much of anything.

He carried an uplifting personality, that also had one looking at the good in the world around us, in today's world
we spend most of our time complaining about and speaking of days bygone we miss so much.

Ivan could tell you of his life's experiences, of days goneby and still make you feel and see the good still in the world.

A man who did a lot in his life, and whose stories you could listen to like grandpa use to tell ya....he'd talk and I'd
feel 10 years old again, sitting on a coke crate listening to the old men telling stories of their lives. I especially loved
when he would talk about being a diesel mechanic in Colorado, and decided to move into a drivers slot when the
company desperately needed one. They had him drive the only diesel truck they had with no Turbo on it. You had to
laugh at how Ivan described it as bringing the concept of slow to a whole new dimension, pushing it up a hill dragging
a heavy trailer behind it. Ivan described that as a pinnacle example of time on your hands.

Many of us also will remember, being elderly didn't mean you couldn't outshoot all the younger old guys either.
Ivan proved that multiple times at our get togethers in Arizona.

Those who knew him, I am sure I can speak for all of us, when I say we were truly blessed to know such a man
as Ivan.

I am glad he has gone home to his just reward, but it still doesn't negate that I have this big empty spot inside me
upon hearing Sandy's news. I've met and known a lot of men I've gained a lot of respect for in my lifetime, but Ivan
if you're up there listening, I can't think of any at the immediate moment I held in higher esteem than I do for you.

Dear Lord, one of America's finest is on his way to your gate. Let him know his friends down here Love and Respect
him. You'll get to experience the joy he is to be around.

Ivan, thank you for all the good experiences and friendship you gave to me, I'm not worthy, but I certainly am blessed
for your gift of it. via Con Dios my Friend!

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sorry to hear.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R.I.P. You fought a great fight. Would of liked to have met you.

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
[Linked Image]

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I will never forget the kindness that Ivan showed me by reaching out to me when my wife was diagnosed with cancer. The Ivan that I new was a strong and kind man, I will miss our conversations.

RIP Ivan, you made a great deal of difference in many lives, See you on the other side my friend.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

368 members (22250rem, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 1lesfox, 160user, 17CalFan, 32 invisible), 2,194 guests, and 1,090 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,452
Posts18,528,987
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.