Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Barak Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/b...c-after-scalise-shooting/article/2625970

I'm not sure I believe politicians should carry firearms--or have bodyguards, for that matter.

They have an awful lot of coercive power over people. I could understand an argument that complete lack of access to any form of physical defense would tend to persuade a politician to use his power only for good, and to try to avoid doing anything to make somebody angry enough to murder him.

There's also the fact that politicians are not exactly a scarce resource: whenever one does get eliminated, there's always a whole slimy pile of enthusiastic prospective replacements climbing over each other for the chance. It's not like there's any compelling reason to preserve them.

At any rate, we can at least agree that _no_ politician is morally entitled to the means of self-defense until after every single one of the rest of us has it.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
When they pass a law that allows Americans Constitutional Carry in the U.S no matter where they are, then they won't have to worry about CCL's for themselves, will they?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And ONLY if they can pass the same background checks we must. (No fast lane for upper class folks)
And the same carry rules (gunfree zones, no state or federal buildings, college buildings, ect. )

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
WHAT!!!!???? hold them to the same standards as the common folk?????? insane concept!!!!

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
So, are the politicians gonna go on the ball field with their carry weapon?

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No CCL needed.

All the debate should have stopped upon reading of the 2nd Amendment...

... but politicians got involved. THEY fugged things up. Our founding fathers were clear.

Let the politicians fear for their own lives! That may be what it takes for them to finally understand the 2nd Amendment.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by TBREW401

Or swimming. Don't forget swimming. crazy

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
oh hell, what ever happend to repsonsibility? You screw up with your whatever you will pay. Screw up with a gun and most likely you'll die there or by trial..... Then you don't have to worry about licenses and the like....

Act right and you'll be just fine...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Does your stupid hurt?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Does your stupid hurt?

Yours sure hangs out. You tell me.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

not everybody would be on the field at the same time for crying out loud! weapons in the dugout would have given the creep a virgin ticket quick!

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I would have thought in today's world with terrorist running around the congress would have a security protection at each events where the congress gathered.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deerstalker

not everybody would be on the field at the same time for crying out loud! weapons in the dugout would have given the creep a virgin ticket quick!

Damn!

Someone actually gets it!

Kudos!

If everyone were legally able to carry, they would have them in gear bags, cars, trucks, etc.

Only a complete dumbass would make a situation where they would have to be carrying while in baseball uniforms, or swim trunks.

My original comment stands. The liberals want us ALL disarmed. They want EVERYONE to cower and die when something like this happens.

This is the comment I made this morning that drew Scott's name calling and ridicule all day.

Fox reporting that the shooting went on for 10 minutes.

The gun control people got their wish.

Americans were unable to defend themselves.

The liberals have been screaming "Gun Control" at the top of their lungs since this morning.

Tell me I was wrong.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I was on embassy duty in El Salvador, back in '83-84, we had an embassy softball team. When we practiced, we had 4 designated guards with M16A1s on our perimeter.

That's how we did it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Why is there is always some crisis or "matter" popping up where politicians and liberals think "certain inalienable rights" only apply to them.
Just sayin.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Barak Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I got home from work and found that CBS preempted Penny's Jeopardy show to talk about shot politicians. Not even dead ones: just shot ones. I'm not that big a Jeopardy fan, I must admit, but it irks me that the mainstream media thinks politicians are more important.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
i do concur with your sentiments. the pols get assassinated, us lowly commoners just get kilt.

but, it is good that at least once in a blue moon it's the pols being targeted and not us common folks that usually take the hits.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Bull schit, they can live by the same laws they create for everyone else.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You know.....IF we could pass a law that all politicians had to be unarmed, unprotected, and nude for no cheating, they would work a lot harder on making the people happy.
Electrify the seats of Congress, and at every provable lie, they get zapped like dog collars, and the voltage increases with each zap.
Heck, you could balance the budget in a month by selling zaps on the internet. Lol.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Barak Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kellory
You know.....IF we could pass a law that all politicians had to be unarmed, unprotected, and nude for no cheating, they would work a lot harder on making the people happy.

Gotcha, but the problem is "we." We don't pass laws. They pass laws. So it won't happen.

The law, I mean.

There might be other ways, though.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

708 members (10ring1, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 163bc, 1badf350, 80 invisible), 2,467 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,723
Posts18,494,711
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.