Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I was talking to a machinist, blacksmith, that said he was having surgery on his shoulder. I asked how he hurt it, this man works hard on big projects.
He said he was racing his granddaughter, and fell.

At a county safety meeting years ago, . during beak one of the county men went to the emergency room. They were doing to sledge hammer by the end of the handle, touching nose, and the hammer slipped.

Any of you know of odd injuries?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
An old gent who used to rent pasture from us was complaining about his sore shoulder. Seems he tore his rotator cuff falling into a septic tank.

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

L
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L
I was sitting in my recliner while my children were knocking a balloon back and forth in the living room floor. The balloon hit the paddle fan blades and flew towards me and as it went by I swatted it. Problem was that the high backed recliner limited my shoulder motion. I partially tore ligaments in the shoulder by overextending the range of my arm.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One of the strangest accidental deaths I've personally had knowledge of was a young man who was killed by a flying deer.

He was riding a bicycle down a suburban road when a deer was struck by a passing vehicle. The deer was launched into the air and struck the young man in the head, killing him.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Was running a Bobcat T190 down a survey line in front of my crew through a tree farm in Louisiana and went through one, into the next and there was a 3 foot diameter beehive in it.

Hit that beehive square in the middle of the tree, it was above my bucket level, and fell in my lap...

If you think you can't get out of a Bobcat very quickly, I'm here to tell you that it can be done very quickly... smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
Was shooting clay pigeons one day at my buddys house. He loaded double birds in the thrower, and was ready to launch. Before he did, I asked if he could adjust thrower to make them fly lower to the ground. He says,"sure", bends over the machine and accidently stepped on the pull string. The arm hit him square in the mouth! He keeled over the thrower, then looked up with wide eyes, and said, "how bad is it?"I said, "stay put and I will go get the truck". Trip to the emergency room,12 stiches in upper and lower lip, lost 1 tooth. Not a fun day.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My buddy was changing the bulbs on a couple cab lights on his truck, climbed up a short step ladder...finished the bulbs came down the ladder and ran the radio antenna right up is nose, the little round ball on the end knew right where to go.

Caused serious problems, it penetrated up to the brain....be careful out there.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A lady I know was pushing her granddaughter on a tricycle. The front tire jammed on a garden hose, she went over the bike and broke her nose.
At least that's the story she told.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
where do i start....

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MadMooner
One of the strangest accidental deaths I've personally had knowledge of was a young man who was killed by a flying deer.

He was riding a bicycle down a suburban road when a deer was struck by a passing vehicle. The deer was launched into the air and struck the young man in the head, killing him.

There was a lady who hit a deer up here in Mn. on Interstate 35 south of the Twin Cities. The deer went through the windshield of her mini-fang and decapitated her.

Last edited by gophergunner; 06/16/17.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Hit that beehive square in the middle of the tree, it was above my bucket level, and fell in my lap...

If you think you can't get out of a Bobcat very quickly, I'm here to tell you that it can be done very quickly... smile

LOL......I leave my work boots on the back porch. Forgot to shake em out before putting them on one day and about half way through lacing one up I realized there was a small frog in it.
You'd be surprised how fast you can get a boot off once you set your mind to it. smile
Nether I nor the frog were hurt but I did have to change shorts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I guess my injury was typical of these. The wooden poles holding up the grape arbor rotted and fell over in their concrete spots. One would not come out even when I tried to drill it out. Like a genius I poured gas in on top of it and let it sink in. Then I did it again later. This time I made a trail of gas from the pole holder to use as a "fuse". Then I moved the gas can a couple yards away. When I lit the "fuse" the whole area flashed igniting the gas can. I turned to run in the 6" tall grass. There was a hose that tripped me. I tried to roll like a young man. It looked good to my son-in-law. But I didn't relax my right arm quickly enough and ended up with a severe shoulder injury. I go for surgery in July. blush mad

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Took my nephew turkey hunting during youth season. He wounded a tom. I ran after it downhill laid out and dove on it. Tore up my right shoulder also broke the ball off the humerus and broke scafoid bones in my right wrist. Had 3 surgeries total and about 9 months total in cast. Because the had to go back and do a bone graft on the wrist. We got the turkey though. Poor nephew had the worst first turkey hunt ever. We still took pictures and they are horrible poor kid was crying.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
My BIL was fishing in his pond and got his lure hung up in a tree, jerking on the line to loosen it resulted in the lure hitting him square in the mouth. One barb of the treble hook was embedded in his gum and the other in his lip. He calmly lay down in the bottom of the boat and handed his son his Leatherman tool asking him to try not to hurt his Dad anymore than necessary to get the hooks out. He told me that when he reached shore the beer couldn't be cold enough to dull the pain.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ringman
I guess my injury was typical of these. The wooden poles holding up the grape arbor rotted and fell over in their concrete spots. One would not come out even when I tried to drill it out. Like a genius I poured gas in on top of it and let it sink in. Then I did it again later. This time I made a trail of gas from the pole holder to use as a "fuse". Then I moved the gas can a couple yards away. When I lit the "fuse" the whole area flashed igniting the gas can. I turned to run in the 6" tall grass. There was a hose that tripped me. I tried to roll like a young man. It looked good to my son-in-law. But I didn't relax my right arm quickly enough and ended up with a severe shoulder injury. I go for surgery in July. blush mad

sorry ringman but thats just being a pure dumbass... man

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
U
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
U
Sorry to laugh at your expense guys, but some of these stories are killing me. Any story that contains the words "hit him square in the mouth" is always a winner!

When I was about 10, my Dad and I were at a farm auction. He bought an old Wincharger which he said was just like they used on the farm when he was a kid to charge the batteries for their radio. Had no blades, pretty rusted and gummed up, but home we took it. He worked on it in the garage for a few hours here and there for the better part of one summer. He even made new propeller blades for it, cut them out of old boards he had laying around, soaked them, bent them, drilled holes to attach; all in all some pretty fine work from my Dad who was a great pharmacist but pretty poor handyman. Anyway, he thought it would be perfect on top of the garage, so he carried it up there and screwed the legs into the roof trusses.......before mounting the blades. No problem, he'll just mount them up here. All went well until he bent down to pick up the last blade. While he was bent down picking up the blade, the wind gusted, and he stood right into the line of fire as the other blades rat-a-tatted off his bald head...which of course knocked him down and he rolled right off the garage into the yard, where I was standing, watching every more. None the worse for wear from the fall, but it did require a few butterfly bandages and gauze for his head. Makes me laugh every time I think of it. I do believe there was some Budweiser involved.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
got knocked off a ladder by a bee stinging me right between the eyes, had a widowmaker limb turn loose cutting a tree down and hit me square on top of the noggin. Brought me to my knees and is my usual reaction to pain, came up swinging

my boys laughed their azzes off each time

both instances my boys told me it helped them believe in God and that he did actually love them, cause they wanted to kick my azz too but were afraid to try.

Remind me again why I love those lil jabronis?

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
When I was 9 or 10 a few of us were tossing wooden croquet balls into a washtub full of water. Can't remember why. I turned around just as a buddy threw a ball and it hit me square in the mouth. It knocked me down and I started spitting what I thought was sand from the ball, but was pieces of my teeth. Knocked out my two upper front teeth and chipped the two bottom front teeth.

If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Griffon
When I was 9 or 10 a few of us were tossing wooden croquet balls into a washtub full of water. Can't remember why. I turned around just as a buddy threw a ball and it hit me square in the mouth. It knocked me down and I started spitting what I thought was sand from the ball, but was pieces of my teeth. Knocked out my two upper front teeth and chipped the two bottom front teeth.

Hmm...

I know a certain person who when about 10 or 11 who stopped his brother's croquet ball because his brother hit out of turn. Putting the croquet mallet in front of the ball was a bad choice, the ball hit the mallet and flew straight into the kid's mouth knocking out half of two upper front teeth.

The momma was sooooo ticked off. Person will remain nameless.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by Ringman

sorry ringman but thats just being a pure dumbass... man

Dear lord.....

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

633 members (007FJ, 160user, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 67 invisible), 2,612 guests, and 1,381 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,211
Posts18,485,426
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.