Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by Sako76
Good! That's what he gets for torturing an animal to death for other peoples pleasure!

]

Like hunting, huh?

Good thing nobody hunts with a bow... wink

Yep, painless fast death with an arrow, and no loud noise, whats not to like? Some deer even have NO clue they were hit....

But RE bullfighting... purposely slowly killing is something only a physcotic person would do or watch, IMHO. No problem killing the bull, but just do it quickly... YMMV

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Hunters who use a bow aren't out to extend the period of time the animal suffers for the entertainment of a crowd, or themselves. Most, I assume, seek as humane a kill as a bow will permit, and use the bow to expand available hunting season time and/or because of the appeal of using a traditional method vs firearms. Bull fighting is about slowly killing an animal for entertainment. Doesn't seem sporting to me.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rost495
Good! That's what he gets for torturing an animal to death for other peoples pleasure!

]

Like hunting, huh?

Yep, painless fast death with an arrow, and no loud noise, whats not to like? Some deer even have NO clue they were hit....

But RE bullfighting... purposely slowly killing is something only a physcotic person would do or watch, IMHO. No problem killing the bull, but just do it quickly... YMMV

When I was in NM, I was lion hunting and kept hearing a loud grunting noise. It started off at quite a distance, but seemed to be getting closer and closer as time went on. Directly it came into a clearing I could see and it was a magnificent bull elk. it continued making the horrendous noise, and as it turned, it had blood an offal coming out of it's gut area. Gut shot with an arrow... Probably a couple days past looking at the wound.

I put the bull down and left it where it lay.

As I said. Murphy's law.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Game animals feel no pain when hit with an arrow and they live only a few milliseconds after such an event. grin(insert sarcasm)

Of course the OP started this thread and has not responded yet, not that he would have anything to add of value.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
All the bulls end up as burger.
Some get the chance to grind up a matador.
I actually think that kinda cool............a go down swinging kinda thing.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh the inhumanity............. Laffin

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I went to a bull fight in Mexico when I was a boy.

I don't care to again, although at the time, it didn't bother me at all. It was just a common bull fight.

I don't care to see any animal suffer. The older I get the more it bothers me.

But ethics are subjective.

Cultural mores are subjective as well.

There's lots of people living in glass houses casting stones here though... wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Simonkenton7: Yikes!
Sad for the death of that Spaniard.
I was never much for torturing, tormenting and then killing animals of any kind though.
Funny what some people consider entertainment?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I don't feel bad for the matador.
Just an occupational hazard.
They're rock stars over there, which is pretty neat IMHO.
It just is what it is.

Do dangerous job or hobby, and assume the risk.

He went out doing what he loved..........beats rotting away for a decade in a old folk's home not knowing what planet he's on.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The essence of a bullfight is the matador runs the risk of being killed. The bulls have to win every so often.

That said, I'm not applauding his death like some on here. It's just part of the fight.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
IC B3

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I'll applaud his death.
It will be in celebration of the life he had, and how he left.

Honor the matador, and the bull.
They are intertwined.

Cheers.

Last edited by hookeye; 06/18/17.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

]

Like hunting, huh?

When I was in NM, I was lion hunting and kept hearing a loud grunting noise. It started off at quite a distance, but seemed to be getting closer and closer as time went on. Directly it came into a clearing I could see and it was a magnificent bull elk. it continued making the horrendous noise, and as it turned, it had blood an offal coming out of it's gut area. Gut shot with an arrow... Probably a couple days past looking at the wound.

As I said. Murphy's law.

Gut shot is gut shot regardless the method. It can happen despite a hunters very best efforts with bow, handgun, crossbow, muzzleloader or modern centerfire rifle. You know better than to compare any of that to a bullfighting scenario.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
its not our business to tell the Spanish how to run their country or their culture.........

no doubt some here think a rodeo is too cruel also

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Blood sport is blood sport, some get it, some don’t. You may think because you can slowly and silently stock game with a bow that you are somehow superior to others. Reminds me of someone else stalking through the woods.

[Linked Image]

There are many ways to kill animals. There are many ways to hunt animals. I may not care to partake in some of those methods, but I’m not going to judge others who hunt animals differently than I do.

I have a heck of a lot more respect for someone that gets in the ring with a dangerous animal armed with only sword than some Fudd anonymously sitting behind a computer spouting off about moral indignation. The difference between a man and what in these days we seem to refer to as gender confused.

Very well said.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
So how many matadors are transgender?
I mean.........if the US was gonna try and influence their culture for the positive.............

Indeed. Leave the Spanish alone.

We've got enough problems over here with our progressive liberal nonsense.

Maybe we could learn from the Spanish.
When you have thug protesters blocking a road, maybe turn loose some really pissed off cattle?

Last edited by hookeye; 06/18/17.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

]

Like hunting, huh?

As I said. Murphy's law.

You are forgetting about the element of intent.

The hunter who wounded the elk did not intend for it to suffer, where the bull "fighters" do. I'm not aware of any hunters who intentionally subject they prey to the same level of suffering as the bull "fighters".

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Grandfather took me to a few bullfights in Mexico back in the early 70's as a young kid. Those bullfights are absolutely some of the best most vivid memories I have of him and of that age of my life,

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hookeye
I'll applaud his death.
It will be in celebration of the life he had, and how he left.

Honor the matador, and the bull.
They are intertwined.

Cheers.

Some people get it. Quite a few good posts.

Spanish bullfighting is an easy thing for Americans to be ignorant of. Much easier to make emotion-based reactions than spend time learning and evaluating. Back when I was completely ignorant of bullfighting (and other things) I thought it seemed immoral and barbaric and cruel and I was sure I was right. I've learned a lot about life and culture and animals and prey and humans and killing since then. Then by chance I actually took some time to learn about bullfighting. Ignorant is what I most definitely was.

Hemingway asserted that to appreciate and allow bullfighting to have a part in a culture, the people in that culture have to have a certain practicality about death. Americans are not practical about death, in general.

The idea of torture is assuredly human. Even if I was to anthropomorphize human emotions and thought to a bovid, I'd choose to be a Spanish fighting bull over an American pasture steer. But of course that's fantasy, and bovids don't have the capacity to choose, and couldn't choose if they wanted to. As hookeye says, either way they end up as burger.

Anyway I'll drink with you Hookeye; here's to the matador, and here's to the bull. Salud.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Blood sport is blood sport, some get it, some don’t. You may think because you can slowly and silently stock game with a bow that you are somehow superior to others. Reminds me of someone else stalking through the woods.

[Linked Image]

There are many ways to kill animals. There are many ways to hunt animals. I may not care to partake in some of those methods, but I’m not going to judge others who hunt animals differently than I do.

I have a heck of a lot more respect for someone that gets in the ring with a dangerous animal armed with only sword than some Fudd anonymously sitting behind a computer spouting off about moral indignation. The difference between a man and what in these days we seem to refer to as gender confused.

Very well said.

Indeed, the Fudd reference is solid.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The irony is many or perhaps most who condemn bull fighting would take a great emotional satisfaction if you put an ISIS fighter in the ring with an American soldier armed with a sword.

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (1OntarioJim, 10Glocks, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 69 invisible), 2,460 guests, and 1,141 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,701
Posts18,513,773
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.