Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 38 of 63 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 62 63
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Im going to shoot the irons again just so I can be in the top 10 for a little bit. wink

My .8xx MOA group in the scoped rifles entry got deleted so I got the boot from the top 10....

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
GB1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
The download for the mr31 target on my printer isnt working too good for me. I need to find some actual targets, supposed to be .75 x ring and 1.75 10 ring correct????? I spun a front sight down, chucked it in a drill, tapered it down to half its original width, reblued it. Been on the rifle since day 2, been looking at a hooded rear sight kit from white oak for 45 bucks 1/2moa kit. Maybe pick up some boxes of that hornady black stuff .This ar15 thing is like being addicted to herion or crack .......

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by wareagle700
Im going to shoot the irons again just so I can be in the top 10 for a little bit. wink

My .8xx MOA group in the scoped rifles entry got deleted so I got the boot from the top 10....

Shoot the scoped rifle event again: You might do better this time.... Or since you were on the scoreboard, you should still be able to use that score?????? We can go back to the previous ranking page and see where you placed and what you shot. That should still be viable information. Too bad we have to depend on photobucket to keep our pics alive. That site is ridiculous at times...I'm going to start working on loads for my new Noveske, but don't think I'll post any more pics for the challenge... I'm happy as hell the AR comp and 69gr. sierra load is dialed in for the Stag though....

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Don't you have the original pics (on your phone or camera) that you would have uploaded to Photobucket or wherever??

MM

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Didn't save the pics on my phone and it was shot after the last scores were done. No big deal, I just got to try and do it again.

There's a lot of "shooting" in this thread that I don't believe were actual attempts at the challenge. I'm still going by the rules on page 1.

Last edited by wareagle700; 06/29/17.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Good luck buddy. Break that .8xx moa score you shot last time. I'm wanting to go shooting today, but don't know about the wind!!!!

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by renegade50
The download for the mr31 target on my printer isnt working too good for me. I need to find some actual targets, supposed to be .75 x ring and 1.75 10 ring correct????? I spun a front sight down, chucked it in a drill, tapered it down to half its original width, reblued it. Been on the rifle since day 2, been looking at a hooded rear sight kit from white oak for 45 bucks 1/2moa kit. Maybe pick up some boxes of that hornady black stuff .This ar15 thing is like being addicted to herion or crack .......

I likely couldnt hit 2moa if i had a round front sight post....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
My prob is defining verticle center mass, need some shaded depth in an aperture. Should help with finer front sight focus, i got a decent ballastic advantage performance line m4 profile 16 inch barrel, its actually stringing 10shots a little over 2 moa verticle and 1.5 moa horizontal for a group with fed xm855 ammo which is probably maxed out performance wisr for that ammo.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KineticPerformance
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
But I can say that Compass Lake Engineering, who are about as reputable as it gets in the field, & who install both Bartlein & Kreiger barrels, told me that they do not nitride any barrels because that prevents them from ever fully "breaking-in".

FWIW

MM

I've had a few nitrided barrels and don't particularly love them. One of my buddies was having Lilja barrels nitrided when he shot 6.5-284 in NRA Long Range and said it was a waste of time and money. When I ordered this gun I asked about getting a non-nitrided barrel because my .223 Wylde from him is plain stainless. He didn't have any non-nitrided so I ran with it. If and when I wear this one out the next one will just be regular stainless and when I put together an upper in 6.5mm for this one it won't be nitrided either.

I have a DD Mk12 that came with their whoop-de-doo CHF nitrided barrel. My bull barreled Armalite easily outshoots it.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal

I have a DD Mk12 that came with their whoop-de-doo CHF nitrided barrel. My bull barreled Armalite easily outshoots it.

CHF barrels are decent, but will never out-shoot a high caliber stainless barrel, IMO, whether it's a bolt gun or an AR........don't know if your Armalite is a staniless barrel or not & that's not the point anyway.

There's a reason SS is the overwhelming choice for competitive shooting.

Nitriding won't make any barrel more accurate; the question is really, does it negatively impact a really high end barrel's accuracy, & I don't know the definitive answer to that.
MM

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by renegade50
My prob is defining verticle center mass, need some shaded depth in an aperture. Should help with finer front sight focus, i got a decent ballastic advantage performance line m4 profile 16 inch barrel, its actually stringing 10shots a little over 2 moa verticle and 1.5 moa horizontal for a group with fed xm855 ammo which is probably maxed out performance wisr for that ammo.

THe hood will help vision but you have to have a square sight to help that out too....round will leave you blurred sides..

Then try all kinds of holds... Center, 6, sub six, flat tire, navy or frame etc... until you get what you need.

I found that I had to shoot half a match center mass and the other half at 6 or almost flat tire. Just how my eyes worked best. in fact the sitting rapid was CM with a severe cant under hard sling tension.

Nitriding, FWIW does not hurt accuracy. I trust Nez. Nez has played with it. If Nez says its fine, then its fine.

RE barrel steels.. SS and CM. Chrome Moly might even shoot a hair better than SS, but SS lives longer. Though when SS dies its right now while CM gives you fading accuracy so you know its getting there... I've had CM die literally in the middle of a match. Won the prone rapid stage with a high X count, and the next was prone slow and I could barely hold the 10 ring and worse....

I'll have to google CHF... not sure whtat that is.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"I'll have to google CHF... not sure whtat that is."

Cold Hammer Forged.

I'll, have to Google those holds you mention; I'm familiar with 6 o'clock and center hold but the others are new to me.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal

All of mine have been buttoned stainless barrels and so were Norm's Lilja barrels. The nitride has never hurt anything because the barrels were chambered well so there wasn't any real issue with break-in. To me the biggest thing was it didn't warrant the expense because it did not significantly improve barrel life. My nitrided guns require less maintenance in the fields in that they clean up easier and seem to resist rust a little better. If a gun comes with nitrided parts that is fine but I am not going to go out of my way to nitride one, especially if it is a stainless barrel or rifle action.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
wareagle, would you consider a dot sight category just for fun? i fired a 10-shot string with my burris crossfire III 3-moa dot this week with so-so ammo (federal 55-grain fmj) just for fun and kept all 10 rounds within a 3-moa square at 100 yards. i'll put a scope on my carbine at some point, but man, it's compact and balanced just with the dot.
i much enjoy this thread, in any case. i know i need to scope my 5.56 upper to truly stretch its accuracy potential ...

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by jimmyp
The range.

[Linked Image]

Guns
[Linked Image]

Targets

[Linked Image]

Results

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

A damn yellow fly was buzzing around my head and I pulled two with the DD gun.

Best with Noveske barrel and 3.5-10 scope 1.136 average, bigger red dot used with DD gun due to 1.5-6 power scope vs 3.5-10 on Noveske, put the VX-6 on my 308, it does OK there...
I cannot afford to shoot this again but I think the DD barrel chrome barrel might shade a Noveske but I blew it after 30 rounds fired. I now know the VX-6 crosswire is too thick for precision work.

Saw a nice black snake today as well...

I come back to this thread and look at the dwindling pictures (thanks photobucket!!!!!) and have to say, I like how that Noveske of your shoots. I'm working on dialing in a load for mine. It's pickier than my Stag 6HL for some reason. Maybe it's the 3 groove rifling???? I don't know, but it shifts POI as the charge wt goes up. Kind of like it's going in a clockwise motion on the target. You have some sweet rifles man.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
My Noveske is hovering right around moa. Now I need to work on my shooting skill and try to drop it down to sub moa... I think this load of AR comp and sierra 69gr. bthp is working well. The noveske is showing promise though.. Not submitting this, just posting a pic from the other day when I went shooting and was working on loads with the new powder and rifle..:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Sorry, these pictures suck. They look much better on photobucket... This new system leaves much to be desired...

BSA MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Agree, bsa. Would be nice if there was a way to zoom the pics, like photobucket. Even if it introduces a little graininess.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I quit messing with photobucket and haven't missed it. Flickr and imgur are much easier to deal with and don't have 1,000,000 pop up ads every time you visit the site.

Good shooting BSA. I am looking forward to some good weather and a free afternoon to try this challenge out again.

Last edited by wareagle700; 07/04/17.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Yeah, I'm hoping Rick gets this chit figured out... We may just have to live with it though... eek.. Happy 4th. to all of you guys!!!!! I want to thank all of the vets and everyone who puts their azzes on the line for this country. Enjoy your families and bbq's today. Be safe...

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I quit messing with photobucket and haven't missed it. Flickr and imgur are much easier to deal with and don't have 1,000,000 pop up ads every time you visit the site.

Good shooting BSA. I am looking forward to some good weather and a free afternoon to try this challenge out again.

Thanks buddy. I'm hoping to see you break that .8xx moa score you shot last time. As for imgur, I'm letting the rest of you test the waters first and let us know when its safe to come in... grin.. I'm still able to use photobucket elsewhere and don't have pop ups because of adblocker plus. Works very well.

BSA MAGA
Page 38 of 63 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 62 63

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (204guy, 12344mag, 219DW, 222Sako, 2500HD, 1Longbow, 67 invisible), 2,408 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,298
Posts18,487,062
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.