Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
".[/quote]

I can do a 16lb strict and if I drop my arm below parallel I can get a 20lb hammer. /[quote]

I have seen a guy that is an amateur body builder, took second in all of California as an am, that can bench press 500 lbs, do a 16, just barely. He did it legit though. If you can do 20 with a little cheat, you are a big dude.

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money." -Tom T Hall

Molon Labe
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Fellow in my home town claimed that his revolver would completely penetrate a wooden fence post. There was opposition to his claim. He proceeded to prove his point. To make sure that he centered the post, he held it with his off hand. His point was painfully proven.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A fellow teacher showered one morning, following his wife. When he emerged from the shower, he noticed that the bulb above the sink was burnt out. Fortunately, there was a new bulb in the vanity. He had to stretch a bit to unscrew the old bulb. Unfortunately, this brought Charlie (my friend still being in a state of undress) into direct contact with the curling iron that his wife had left heating on the top of the vanity. Upon arrival at the emergency room, the attending nurse fainted, when upon first look, she assumed that his unit had been burned completely off. Given the size of his organ, this mistake was understandable. Cooler heads prevailed and determined that he had suffered second degree burns over 90% of his member (an area about the size of dime). (The last three sentences may be an exaggeration; then again, they may not.)

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by nemotheangler
".

I can do a 16lb strict and if I drop my arm below parallel I can get a 20lb hammer. /

I have seen a guy that is an amateur body builder, took second in all of California as an am, that can bench press 500 lbs, do a 16, just barely. He did it legit though. If you can do 20 with a little cheat, you are a big dude.

I'm not overly large, I'm around 6'0 230lbs.

Slim Farman is the best I've ever seen on the hammer lifts.

Probably the most painful thing I've done with a sledge is taking a full length 6lbs sledge and doing a pronation/supination. I kept my arm bend at a 90, elbow at my side, and stopped the hammer parallel to the ground pronation and supination. I really thought my elbow was going to explode.

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bearcat74
Originally Posted by nemotheangler
".

I can do a 16lb strict and if I drop my arm below parallel I can get a 20lb hammer. /

I'm not overly large, I'm around 6'0 230lbs.

Slim Farman is the best I've ever seen on the hammer lifts.

Probably the most painful thing I've done with a sledge is taking a full length 6lbs sledge and doing a pronation/supination. I kept my arm bend at a 90, elbow at my side, and stopped the hammer parallel to the ground pronation and supination. I really thought my elbow was going to explode.

I should have said strong!!!

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money." -Tom T Hall

Molon Labe
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Momma dropped me on my head when still on the teat. Never recovered.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 25aught6, 65 invisible), 2,509 guests, and 1,341 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,932
Posts18,518,954
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.