Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
I bet that not 1 in 1000 pistol owners in America can shoot 1.5" groups at 10 yards. For 1" groups make it 1 in 5000.

You must hang around with a bunch of rooky shooters.

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Gibby
I bet that not 1 in 1000 pistol owners in America can shoot 1.5" groups at 10 yards. For 1" groups make it 1 in 5000.

I guess I do. Because shooting a 1" circle at ten yards, five times in a row, is completely out of the question for the overwhelming majority of shooters I see.

It'd be easy enough to figure out. Post up a monthly shooting challenge. Five shots, standing, offhand, all shots have to land completely inside a 2" circle. Touch the edge and you lose. We can use the dot torture target that a lot of people already have. The guys who clean that can shoot the 1" circle. We'll see how many make it that far. Besides you.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
J
jimmyp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
one has to wonder if a good 1911 might be easier to shoot 1.5 inches for 5 shots at 10 yards over a Glock or other striker fired guns.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm sure it would.

T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
If it didn't jam

IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by jimmyp
one has to wonder if a good 1911 might be easier to shoot 1.5 inches for 5 shots at 10 yards over a Glock or other striker fired guns.

I do not shoot compacts. Commander is the smallest. No striker fire either. I probably could not do it.

10 yards is not a long distance. 1" @ 25 yards (slow fire) and you have a competition.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by TWR
If it didn't jam

Mine dam sure don't jam.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by TWR
If it didn't jam

Mine dam sure don't jam.

John, there is one in every crowd. No worry. They have not come full circle in the pistol world.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Does NRA have an official "Broad side of a barn" target?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I guess I do. Because shooting a 1" circle at ten yards, five times in a row, is completely out of the question for the overwhelming majority of shooters I see.

It'd be easy enough to figure out. Post up a monthly shooting challenge. Five shots, standing, offhand, all shots have to land completely inside a 2" circle. Touch the edge and you lose. We can use the dot torture target that a lot of people already have. The guys who clean that can shoot the 1" circle. We'll see how many make it that far. Besides you.

I am DTF.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
The target to the far right was fired off hand at 15 yards with a 3" compact .45 RIA

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Dan_Chamberlain; 07/02/17.

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by TWR
If it didn't jam

Mine dam sure don't jam.

John, there is one in every crowd. No worry. They have not come full circle in the pistol world.

👍🏻

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Despite being a Deputy Sheriff for 17 years who actually practiced, and have continued to practice for the last 17 years I believe I'm just a moderate marksman. I practice defensive shooting with handguns meant to be carried. Once my groups shrink I believe I'm shooting too slow and speed up. Once I start tightening up the groups I speed up again. If I can't keep all the rounds in a 4" circle at 10 yards I'm shooting too fast, or have allowed my technique to get sloppy, and need to slow down and pay attention to the basics.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

I guess I must be one of the chosen ones... smile

I can still do that regularly. Back when I was young, and had youthful eyes, I could shoot them through the same ragged hole at that range.

I remember when the FBI sent a couple of guys to our department to "teach" us how to instruct and train our officers better....

Myself and the other ranger officer for the department took them out to the range and listened to them awhile, then when it was our turn to shoot, we taped bottle caps on the silhouette in the X ring, and took turns shooting the bottle cap out at 25 yards. grin

We were both pretty fair hands with a revolver. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

I guess I must be one of the chosen ones... smile

I can still do that regularly. Back when I was young, and had youthful eyes, I could shoot them through the same ragged hole at that range.

I remember when the FBI sent a couple of guys to our department to "teach" us how to instruct and train our officers better....

Myself and the other ranger officer for the department took them out to the range and listened to them awhile, then when it was our turn to shoot, we taped bottle caps on the silhouette in the X ring, and took turns shooting the bottle cap out at 25 yards. grin

We were both pretty fair hands with a revolver. wink

It makes me warm all over when I see, or read, accounts of local police embarrassing the Famous But Incompetent.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
10 yards isn't so hard.

[Linked Image]

I only used one hand...but I cheated. It was my right hand.

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What .44Special did you shoot for the thread about compact and subcompact 9s, 40s, and 45s?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Magnumdood

It makes me warm all over when I see, or read, accounts of local police embarrassing the Famous But Incompetent.

Perhaps their course of fire has changed, but the one I shot was nothing to sneeze at.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
jimmyp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J

Anyway this is a G27 with 180 grain reloaded ammo and a SW shield 45 with 230 grain WW ball ammo at 12 yards stepped off. this is my first attempt to post images with the new image gallery. about the best I can shoot.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
What .44Special did you shoot for the thread about compact and subcompact 9s, 40s, and 45s?

Good eye for detail.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 67 invisible), 2,485 guests, and 1,347 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,932
Posts18,518,954
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.