Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
What .44Special did you shoot for the thread about compact and subcompact 9s, 40s, and 45s?

Well, I posted a photo of a subcompact group above, using an RIA 3" .45acp... The .44 Special was just for fun, as it was with only one hand at the requisite 10 yards. Now, your turn. Don't cheat. Wiseasses normally cheat.

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

"Good eye for detail."

Oh I don't know. Not much difference between a 4.5 inch barrel and a 3.5 inch barrel, particularly when one is only using one hand. Your turn.

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dan_Chamberlain
What .44Special did you shoot for the thread about compact and subcompact 9s, 40s, and 45s?

Well, I posted a photo of a subcompact group above, using an RIA 3" .45acp... The .44 Special was just for fun, as it was with only one hand at the requisite 10 yards. Now, your turn. Don't cheat. Wiseasses normally cheat.

I never claimed to be able to shoot a 1" group at 10 yards with any of my pistols (and especially compact or subcompact guns like we're discussing here). I don't think I can. And I also doubt the ability of the general population to do the same. I would guess it's 1 / 5000 that can do that.

If you can that's swell. I never said you couldn't and I'm truly sorry that your insecurities made you feel that way. If you can do it just know that I think you're 1 in 5,000. Just super duper special.

But so far you haven't. So be a little more careful with your "your turn" talk.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
A man should know his limitations. I commend you.

But I agree with you, that a significant minority or shooters even try to master the maximum their weapons are capable of. Most of the gun writers stopped trying in the 80s, preferring to use the term "Combat Accuracy" to describe mediocre shooting. The middle group on the green target was the same gun, but benched. The overall group size is not appreciably smaller, if it is at all. It may be, with careful tailoring of the loads, the gun could shoot into an inch, but It's just not that important in a sub compact.

My targets were in response to your suggestion that we post targets. If you didn't want them posted, why did you suggest it? You're an odd sort.

Last edited by Dan_Chamberlain; 07/04/17.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Post whatever pics you want. Please do, in fact.

I'd love to see more pics of your groups fired with a full size revolver in a thread about Shield and G43 size guns.

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Can we please not fight on the 4th?

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
40 moa at 10 yards, give or take.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Post whatever pics you want. Please do, in fact.

I'd love to see more pics of your groups fired with a full size revolver in a thread about Shield and G43 size guns.

Yes, the .45 Subcompact group really sucked too. Of course the difference between us is, had you posted a nice group fired, I'd have said, "Nice shooting," instead of being...well instead of being you.

Still, I kinda liked the one hand standing part with the 4.5 inch revolver.

Your turn.

Last edited by Dan_Chamberlain; 07/04/17.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The conversation isn't about groups larger than 1" at 15 yards or 1" groups with a full size revolver.

It's akin to Jimmy asking "What kind of gas mileage does a Civic get?" And you answering "My F-250 pulls a boat!"....Then pouting hat everyone doesn't pat you on the back for your boat pulling. It's awesome and just really super duper, but irrelevant.

But I don't want you to be sad. So good job, DC. I think your group is swell.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And what exactly is your point with the "your turn" stuff? If you're referring to this thread I've already said I probably can't shoot a 1" group at 10 yards with a little gun. So what exactly is it my turn for? Contributing to the forum? If that's it I'd say I've contributed as much as anyone in regards to technique and development of ability.

IC B3

J
jimmyp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
can't we all just get along? whistle

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by WeimsnKs
Why does machine rest accuracy matter for a gun you carry ?

For me, to know if the gun is capable... just like I test my rifles, off a rest to find best ammo... THEN go to practice... two different things.

Lil guns.. my LCP 380 has taken a coral snake in the neck at about 25 feet, one deer in the head at about 15 steps, and an armadillo on the move at about 10 steps or so. Plenty good for me. Though the POS missed a fox at about 80-90 yards on the run...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Magnumdood

It makes me warm all over when I see, or read, accounts of local police embarrassing the Famous But Incompetent.

Perhaps their course of fire has changed, but the one I shot was nothing to sneeze at.

Dave

I should give credit where credit is due. I can't think of another agency that is solely responsible for the creation of a brand new cartridge that has been well received by most departments and individual shooters. Why they created it is kinda funny.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Yes, you are a wonderful contributor. One might say, you're the ultimate authority.

Best to you.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You've gotta be wildly insecure to go this far when somebody doesn't tell you "nice shooting".

Keep stomping your feet, it's working, I'm giving you attention.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
My plan for today was a NetFlix binge, but I had to test these waters.

Platform:

Shield .40 S&W

[Linked Image]

10yds. Warm ups:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Last two groups. Wish I had used brown paper because the white is a variable I'd rather not be introduced. Either way. No bullseye. Front sight only. Slow fire.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Fun drill regardless. No way can I do that 10 times out of 10. But it's always fun to see what you can do in slow fire.

Travis

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
You did well with that compact.

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
J
jimmyp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Nice shooting! Some of the small guns seem more accurate than the bigger ones.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
That's waaaay more than plenty good smile

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

508 members (257 roberts, 219 Wasp, 1OntarioJim, 163bc, 12344mag, 22250rem, 49 invisible), 2,398 guests, and 1,321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,916
Posts18,518,746
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.