Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Haven't sold through GB yet so excuse my ignorance...

If someone buys a gun from you, is there a list of Gunbroker "approved" FFLs that you can to ship to for each state? In other words, if the buyer tells me to ship the gun to Bob's Back Ally Gun Shack, is there a way to make sure the dealer is legit and keep myself outta jail.

Thanks,
Rob

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Yes, if you look around on the site there is a place to look up FFL's by zip code.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Okay cool, thanks.

MOLON LABE
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If it is a valid ffl who cares what the name is.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
Okay cool, thanks.

You can also submit your own if the FFL approves.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
No problem. Any FFL is ok.

Have the send or email you a copy of the FFL.

Check the expiration date.

Got to FFL EZ Check, and type in the first three and last five digits.

FFL EZ Check

Confirm the ship to address and name on the FFL matches.

Only ship to the FFL. Not to the buyer.

The FFL will transfer it to the buyer.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The list is not "GunBroker Approved" it is simply a list of FFL holders they have assembled from a lot of different sources. They may not be willing to do any deals and may not be happy their name is on the list. It is incumbent on the buyer to find a dealer to accept the firearm and it is incumbent on the seller to check the BATFE ez-check web site to verify the FFL is real. Also, the address listed on the web site is the only address you are allowed to mail the gun to.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
If you ship it yourself, is there any declaration required to the Post Office as long as no ammunition is involved? Do you guys recommend the PO or a private carrier like FEDEX?

MOLON LABE
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by WhelenAway
No problem. Any FFL is ok.

Have the send or email you a copy of the FFL.

Check the expiration date.

Got to FFL EZ Check, and type in the first three and last five digits.

FFL EZ Check

Confirm the ship to address and name on the FFL matches.

Only ship to the FFL. Not to the buyer.

The FFL will transfer it to the buyer.

BATFE, for the millionth time, tells FFLs in writing to NOT send an FFL copy to a non-FFL. There have been instances of fraud enabled by the physical copy. Most FFLs refuse to send hard copies to non-FFLs, as they are supposed to.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
It is incumbent on the buyer to find a dealer to accept the firearm and it is incumbent on the seller to check the BATFE ez-check web site to verify the FFL is real. Also, the address listed on the web site is the only address you are allowed to mail the gun to.

^This.^

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If you ship it yourself, is there any declaration required to the Post Office as long as no ammunition is involved? Do you guys recommend the PO or a private carrier like FEDEX?

No declaration is required.

To Alaska UPS sucks bad, USPS works better and costs less. Other folks in other places have varied results.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Where I live,shipments from Bud's ship FedEx.

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mudhen
It is incumbent on the buyer to find a dealer to accept the firearm and it is incumbent on the seller to check the BATFE ez-check web site to verify the FFL is real. Also, the address listed on the web site is the only address you are allowed to mail the gun to.

^This.^

Originally Posted by mudhen

^This.^

For clarity: when I said the address on the web site is the only legal address I was referring to the address of the FFL on the BATFE ez-check web site.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
So it sounds like the bottom line is, ask the buyer what their preferred FFL is, contact the FFL and get their license #, look their license # up in the EZ Check web site, and only ship to the official address listed in the EZ Check web site.

MOLON LABE
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Rob,

Note that USPS only allows you to ship long guns. Handguns are FFL to FFL only with USPS. Don't tell the USPS employee you're shipping a gun. It's completely legal, but you don't want to deal with idiot employees and postmasters who don't know their own regs, especially in WA state. Just answer "No" to their 4 questions and if asked what you're shipping say "machined metal parts" which is technically true.

I always get insurance (duh) and ship in a hard case, boxed. I cut some 1/4" plywood to fit on both large flat sides of the box for extra protection. Worth the extra weight in shipping cost for peace of mind IMO.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I recently sold a handgun via Gunbroker, my first sale there. I shipped a handgun from Texas to California using the guys linked below, a division of Bud's. The buyers FFL was not in their database. I provided the name of the FFL's business, a day later they emailed advising the buyers FFL was confirmed. They sent a shipping label via email. I printed it, taped it on the box and dropped it off at a FEDEX office at a mall near me. The handgun arrived at the California FFL next day. Coast was $35 plus insurance, that Bud's covers when the insured value is above FEDEX's $1,000 limit as mine was. All went smoothly and quickly.

https://www.shipmygun.com/go/

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EdM
I recently sold a handgun via Gunbroker, my first sale there. I shipped a handgun from Texas to California using the guys linked below, a division of Bud's. The buyers FFL was not in their database. I provided the name of the FFL's business, a day later they emailed advising the buyers FFL was confirmed. They sent a shipping label via email. I printed it, taped it on the box and dropped it off at a FEDEX office at a mall near me. The handgun arrived at the California FFL next day. Coast was $35 plus insurance, that Bud's covers when the insured value is above FEDEX's $1,000 limit as mine was. All went smoothly and quickly.

https://www.shipmygun.com/go/

Pretty hard to confirm the serial number and little details like that without laying eyes, let alone hands, on the gun...

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
So it sounds like the bottom line is, ask the buyer what their preferred FFL is, contact the FFL and get their license #, look their license # up in the EZ Check web site, and only ship to the official address listed in the EZ Check web site.

That is a legal way of shipping it.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Sitka, you are right. I received a .380 from Bud's with a missing Serial #. It was delivered by FEDEX to my FFL Dealer here in town. Bud's say's to refuse the shipment. but if you think Fedex is going to stick around the FFL guys store while they open the box and check it out you are nuts. They give you the sign-for plate, and they are gone. Bud's say to do the same with a Gun that is defective. Refuse the shipment. How can you refuse it when there is no one around to return it to? I do a lot of business with Bud's. Great people to deal with and their prices are very good, but that refusal thing is a little nutsy

Better to be over the hill than under it.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
What Bud's did for me, though was to send me a FEDEX label to return the Gun to the Factory pre-paid. That worked for me, but the Factory, (Eagle Imports) has had the gun since June 2 and I'm still waiting to hear from them. I wonder how long it takes to put a serial # on a Gun?

Better to be over the hill than under it.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (1OntarioJim, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 117LBS, 21, 12344mag, 68 invisible), 2,639 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,387
Posts18,527,654
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.