G
I wonder how many other cities have their very own income taxes:

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...vote-today-on-income-tax-on-the-wealthy/

Retired cat herder.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
In a statement, Mayor Ed Murray said Seattle is “challenging this state’s antiquated and unsustainable tax structure by passing a progressive income tax,” calling it a “new formula for fairness.”

Reading the whole article and seeing the picture of those communists was disgusting. Those Reds are not my fellow Americans and they never will be.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
In a statement, Mayor Ed Murray said Seattle is “challenging this state’s antiquated and unsustainable tax structure by passing a progressive income tax,” calling it a “new formula for fairness.”

Reading the whole article and seeing the picture of those communists was disgusting. Those Reds are not my fellow Americans and they never will be.

Yet sadly I live here. Sigh.

In 1984 WA passed a law that no municipality (counties, cities, etc) can create an income tax. So this violates the WA state constitution. Seeing as Sideshow Bob Ferguson is the Attorney General, who knows how this will shake out with our current commie WA Supreme Court justices who invent new law from the bench. I'd not be surprised if they allowed it to stand. We already have a ~10% sales tax (varies a little city to city). I neither work in Seattle nor live in Seattle proper nor do I make $250k a year so as of yet I remain unaffected by THIS idiotic law.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jealousy transformed into law. I hope the mayor and city council get azz cancer.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bigfish9684

In 1984 WA passed a law that no municipality (counties, cities, etc) can create an income tax. So this violates the WA state constitution. Seeing as Sideshow Bob Ferguson is the Attorney General, who knows how this will shake out with our current commie WA Supreme Court justices who invent new law from the bench. I'd not be surprised if they allowed it to stand. We already have a ~10% sales tax (varies a little city to city). I neither work in Seattle nor live in Seattle proper nor do I make $250k a year so as of yet I remain unaffected by THIS idiotic law.

Of course when the top % who are targeted get the hell out of Seattle and the income tax falls short you know what comes next - another income tax that cuts into the middle class, ad infinitum, ad nauseum, et cetera. This was Not called the last/only income tax......

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
At least this is a tax on citizens, who have representation and a way to fight it. Dam near every city with a decent tourist industry, passes tourism and hotel taxes to fudge over those who visit. But then, Seattle surely has those also.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

I like that plan, tax the idiots that voted for Obama and Hillary. That ought to teach them a real lesson. laugh laugh

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 280shooter
Jealousy transformed into law. I hope the mayor and city council get azz cancer.

Or acute sudden onset of lead poisoning.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
^^^^^^ This.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
At least this is a tax on citizens, who have representation and a way to fight it. Dam near every city with a decent tourist industry, passes tourism and hotel taxes to fudge over those who visit. But then, Seattle surely has those also.

You got it. They have they government they want and deserve.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B3

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by bigfish9684

With all your barking I am slightly stunned with where you have chosen to live...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by EdM

With all your barking I am slightly stunned with where you have chosen to live...

I live in Oregon, its as bad or worse. It wasn't always like this.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
One of the people said "I wish I could pay more taxes". At 170,000, she was below the 250,000 threshold. Hell, she CAN. Just GIVE them the money. They'll take it. Another line that puzzles me, is that the wealthy do not pay their "fair share", which is more than anybody else. Doesn't sound fair to ME. Sounds like they are fining those who have the audacity to be successful.

Last edited by benchman; 07/11/17.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'd like to see a tax on citizens based on political party affiliation. Tax the dhimmicrats only.

Sam......

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
If it holds up watch everyone earning over the limit leave.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
The Mayors phrasing reveals that he knows it won't stand muster in the courts. It's the same as when cities in states that pre-empt local gun laws pass taxes on ammunition or restrictions on CC. They're making a statement, at taxpayer expense, and avoiding the real issue: overspending and their failure to provide financially for the pensions they promised to the employees that protect their lives and property, and make the cities liveable.

Their fascination with "sustainability" seems to vanish where finances are involved.

What fresh Hell is this?
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by g5m
I wonder how many other cities have their very own income taxes:

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...vote-today-on-income-tax-on-the-wealthy/

Philly has a city income tax.

People that WILLINGLY live in areas where they have to pay CITY and STATE income tax to feed a liberal state government are just as much the enemy.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
People will move out of there, and it'll look and feel like Detroit and Chicongo.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by benchman
One of the people said "I wish I could pay more taxes". At 170,000, she was below the 250,000 threshold. Hell, she CAN. Just GIVE them the money. They'll take it. Another line that puzzles me, is that the wealthy do not pay their "fair share", which is more than anybody else. Doesn't sound fair to ME. Sounds like they are fining those who have the audacity to be successful.

^^^THIS^^^

It drives me crazy every time I here these people say that the rich needs to pay their "Fair Share". Don't the rich already pay a higher percentage rate? If anything, that's not fair.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
People will move out of there, and it'll look and feel like Detroit and Chicongo.

Which is probably the ultimate goal. Get those locusts to spread across the country and destroy other areas.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

510 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 160user, 47 invisible), 15,076 guests, and 1,103 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,100
Posts18,541,781
Members74,057
Most Online21,066
Yesterday at 07:15 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.