Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
It's a close call with several other tools, but I have to say my Stoney Point/Hornady comparator and case gauge. They "educated" me on my reloading techniques more than anything else.

Ok, maybe my Custom Chrono I bought 35 years ago taught me at least as much........

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If it's truly an investment, I'd say train loads of powder and brass. Prices seem to be outrunning inflation.

1Minute
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by jwall
Originally Posted by bangeye
But probably the best value for the $$ bought a set of Lee powder scoops 2nd hand for $4. Very handy and I got rid of my powder measure. Once you get the hang of it you can scoop very consistent charges certainly as consistent as a powder measure probably better..

MAYBE that depends on the powders you use. My experience was just the opposite. I use more 'large extruded' powders than any other. I threw my Lee dippers in the trash.

Jerry

I have never used or trusted scoops. Just me.

DF

Dippers are convenient to measure powder quickly with a scale. Use an appropriate volume dipper to scoop most of the charge into the powder pan, then trickle the last few grains. Of course, the other quick method is to throw charges with a powder measure.

As for the subject of this thread, I'd add a set of check weights to the list of useful items worth their cost. You can check your scale over the entire range of measurements with them.

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Originally Posted by Trystan
Originally Posted by Trystan
Chronograph

RCBS Case Master

Lee Neck Dies

Trystan

Forgot to mention the Lee powder thrower. It says it's the most accurate powder throw in the world and I believe it. Not bad for a $20 ish dollar tool

Trystan

I returned mine. At the price I had intended to have multiple set up.

I havn't implemented it yet, but I bought a 2nd RCBS with the quick change dials. Plan is to get more for various loads. I hate set up.

Best buy was cheap Lymann digital scale. I hate balance beams. To slow. Use a magnigying glass to decide where it is at.

electric trimmer will probably be next.

Funny, it is a polarizing topic. Some guys hate progress. It is a time vs money thing, are you loading for accuracy or to save money?

I bought bullet comparator recently. Not sure. Measuring ballsitc tip 58 grain for my 243, was little funny with callipers. But at my range, probably doesn't mater. On the fence. But it was cheap. If I had a cleaner table and more room for junk, maybe I would grab it every time I need to measure.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Truly best investment probably is cheap 223 brass combined with Lee Collet dies.

Load them 5x then pitch them when they need to be trimmed. Buy more brass really cheap. Repeat.

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Best for me was the Wilson bench dies and arbor press. Second was high end Redding dies.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

346 members (257_X_50, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 260Remguy, 260madman, 41 invisible), 2,414 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,860
Posts18,478,571
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.