Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Last winter, our lovely little dog, Pixie the Wonderbeagle died. She had a long, good life and we were hit very hard with her passing. I still have nose marks on the passenger door window of my Explorer. Just haven't wanted to clean them off. I think of her every time I look at them.

The house has been way too quiet. Our two cats are getting fat and lazy without a dog to keep them on their toes. It's time for a change. I've been scouring the rescue ads for the upper midwest, and have found a good looking little three year old beagle, who if things go right, just might adopt us. We filled out the application this afternoon, and are waiting on the next step in this process. With a little luck, Trudy might be coming home with us very soon. Really looking forward to having a beagle riding shotgun on my Sunday coffee runs, and if she can run rabbits, all the better.

These damned dogs just have a way working into your heart and sole, and it hurts terribly when they're gone. Here's to the hope we can adopt this little girl and give us all some companionship.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Jeff,

congrats....

I hate living without a dog...although I am a lab or Golden Retriever type of guy....

but I've got a soft spot for Beagles also...

I hope you can secure Trudy and she can add to your family's life like Pixie did...

best of lucky my friend!

cheers and best regards
seafire

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just about all dogs find a way to your hearth.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by mtnsnake

Fugkin Koreans.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Good luck with it Gunner, we miss our shiltie, I understand how you must feel.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You have to have adoption papers and luck? Never heard of such. Here you just go get a dog.

Best to you. And the fat cats that need chasing!

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by mtnsnake

Fugkin Koreans.

Well played. grin

Good luck with the adoption GG. Our Lab pups started going to their forever homes yesterday. It's breaking my wife and my hearts to let them go but we know we are placing them in good homes where they will be loved and well taken care of.

Last edited by bbassi; 07/22/17.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer
You have to have adoption papers and luck? Never heard of such. Here you just go get a dog.

Yeah, it's quite the process. The rescue agencies have to "vett" you. You fill out an application on line and must meet several criteria. Often they only want the dog going to a house with another dog, and most times, they want the yard to be fenced. We meet neither of these requirements, so we had to look for a dog that didn't require this. Many of the rescue dogs come from closed up puppy mills in the south and west, and have only lived with other dogs. Hence the "other dog" requirement. They will have us meet the dog at it's foster provider, and if that goes well, they will schedule a tour of our house. All members of the household have to be present for that. If that goes well, we most likely will get the dog once we pay the adoption fee.

Most of the rescue operations run this way up here. There's also the possibility that another party looking at the same dog gets her in stead of us. It's a pretty involved process.

Last edited by gophergunner; 07/22/17.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I remember the days you go to a pound and they were happy to let get a dog or cat.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Good luck GG, don't worry the process isn't as harsh as they make it sound. their harsh sounding right off the bat so they can weed out the trash right away.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B3

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Best of luck. Life boring without a dog by your side.

Last edited by dye7barrel; 07/22/17.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Pics, when she gets settled in !

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Yeah, it's quite the process. The rescue agencies have to "vett" you. You fill out an application on line and must meet several criteria. Often they only want the dog going to a house with another dog, and most times, they want the yard to be fenced. We meet neither of these requirements, so we had to look for a dog that didn't require this. Many of the rescue dogs come from closed up puppy mills in the south and west, and have only lived with other dogs. Hence the "other dog" requirement. They will have us meet the dog at it's foster provider, and if that goes well, they will schedule a tour of our house. All members of the household have to be present for that. If that goes well, we most likely will get the dog once we pay the adoption fee.

Most of the rescue operations run this way up here. There's also the possibility that another party looking at the same dog gets her in stead of us. It's a pretty involved process.

Surely I'm not the only one who finds this absolutely ridiculous??

Why all the drama??

Why don't you just find a breeder and go buy a dog??

it's a DOG for crying out loud, it's not like there is a shortage of them!!

Sorry, but all of this "pet adoption" and "pet parent" nonsense is just absolute foolishness and anyone who goes along with it is just enabling the idiots who think animals are just like humans........

Cancer Sucks
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer

Got to do what you got to do.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by GonHuntin

Why all the drama??

Sorry, but all of this "pet adoption" and "pet parent" nonsense is just absolute foolishness and anyone who goes along with it is just enabling the idiots who think animals are just like humans........

What a breath of fresh air. But sorry buddy you simply are over flowing with common sense. And unfortunately aren't in step with the idiots!!!!!! There are places that want our four legged friends to have constitutional rights, and representation in court!!!!!! All the begging for money on their advertisements for donations sickens me, and people with a brain should quit donating!!!!!! When they can waste that much time and money. Common sense should tell anyone with a brain. That the whole operation is nothing but another cash cow trolling for fools!!!!! Let those establishments get azzhole deep in their four legged friends, and let the money dry up. And these azz whipes will sing a different tune. They will either do what they were ment to do, or sell their friends for FOOD!!!!!!!

Take care, Willie

Cry to the heavens and let slip the dogs of war. For they must feed on the bones of tyranny. In order for men to have freedom and liberty.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Trudy needs someone to love her and give her a forever home, sure glad it will be you. smile smile

Phuc the naysayers and givers of disparaging remarks.

If this is how to want to get a pet, GO FOR IT. I love my pets and know they are animals but I love the just the same. All of mine have been shelter rescues or "throw away's" save two of the four Cocker Spaniels we have had, all left a hollow in my life when they died.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
glad you got another pup. smile

Sam......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GonHuntin

Why all the drama??

Laffin. My buddy down in La Crosse had to put his dog down. He decided he wanted another dog, wanted to get a rescue dog. Found one him and the misses would like, filled out the paperwork. The woman who was running the show splained the whole process to him. She will bring the dog over, then observe how they bond, and make the decision from there. She is there for 2 1/2 hours, checked out his house, his back yard, (which is fenced, clean, and even had a doggie door so the dog could get on the back porch to a bed he had there.) The dog ran around the yard, glugged a bunch of water from the water bowl, came to him when he called it, the whole 9 yards.
He was not chosen as the new owner, never found out why. He was bummed about it. All i could tell him was to call her and tell her to GFY

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Off topic and forgive me Jeff...

but typical Minnesota Liberalism...

here a great guy like Jeff, he and his family all have to show up
and be fully "vetted" by the local dog pound, to be able to adopt
and take home a beagle for a new pet...

yet the same liberal DFL clowns are totally against
Illegal Mexican or Muslim immigrants having to be
Vetted to come into our nation, much less to the Twin Cities
to add to their entire 'diversity' totalitarian Utopia...

so would Somali or Illegal Mexicans have to go thru
the same "vetting" process to take a dog home from
the Dog Pound as Jeff and his family do?:

Priorities in Minnesota are beyond ridiculous...

and I'm sure everyone else is like me...

I've got more respect for just about any Beagle, than I have for ANY Somali...

The Twin Cities need a lot more beagles and a lot less Somalis...

Now back to your regularly scheduled program folks.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
These damned dogs just have a way working into your heart and sole, and it hurts terribly when they're gone. Here's to the hope we can adopt this little girl and give us all some companionship.

Glad to hear you're getting another dog. I can just imagine the chaos in the household when a new beagle comes in, particularly the cats! grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10ring1, 160user, 1badf350, 16penny, 67 invisible), 2,182 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,027
Posts18,481,812
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.