Last winter, our lovely little dog, Pixie the Wonderbeagle died. She had a long, good life and we were hit very hard with her passing. I still have nose marks on the passenger door window of my Explorer. Just haven't wanted to clean them off. I think of her every time I look at them.

The house has been way too quiet. Our two cats are getting fat and lazy without a dog to keep them on their toes. It's time for a change. I've been scouring the rescue ads for the upper midwest, and have found a good looking little three year old beagle, who if things go right, just might adopt us. We filled out the application this afternoon, and are waiting on the next step in this process. With a little luck, Trudy might be coming home with us very soon. Really looking forward to having a beagle riding shotgun on my Sunday coffee runs, and if she can run rabbits, all the better.

These damned dogs just have a way working into your heart and sole, and it hurts terribly when they're gone. Here's to the hope we can adopt this little girl and give us all some companionship.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla