Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by gophergunner
It's no wonder folks are leaving here. In fuggingcredible that I have to get reemed over something like this. You guys are a real piece of work sometimes. This is the way these adoption agencies work up here.

Sensitive, a little, today?

If you see nothing wrong with this way of buying a dog, you're a grown man, it's your life and your money. But don't act all butthurt when people here don't see things the same way you do.

A dog from a rescue organization is no more of a dog than one on Craigslist that needs a new home. They are all dogs, and you're not doing anything special for "rescuing" one and "adopting" it, rather than just buying one or picking one out of a box in the parking lot at Walmart.

I never said it was Dutch, but do you really think what I wrote justified this kind of response? I don't. And I disagree on adoption. These dogs need a home, they're not "commodities" for sale any more. There's a difference. The adoption services really want to make sure they're not throwing these dogs back in a worse situation than they came from originally. Is there something wrong with that?

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla