Originally Posted by gophergunner

I never said it was Dutch, but do you really think what I wrote justified this kind of response? I don't. And I disagree on adoption. These dogs need a home, they're not "commodities" for sale any more. There's a difference. The adoption services really want to make sure they're not throwing these dogs back in a worse situation than they came from originally. Is there something wrong with that?

We disagree, but yes, there IS something wrong with that. I've been around "rescue" organizations. They are the HOA boards and church-ladies of the dog world. Filled with little busy-bodies who feel they are called to judge who is and isn't "good enough" to get an unwanted dog. They feel really good about telling people they aren't good enough to get a dog that otherwise would be put down. That is twisted s#it.

But the truth is that for every unwanted dog they refuse to place, one more dog is going the kill-shelters. For every dollar spent on the application process, home visits, and administrative rigamarole, is not spent on pulling dogs out of kill-shelters.

Sic Semper Tyrannis