Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The extermination of White Southern culture continues unabated in the South - a legacy of The Halfrican and his divisive anti-White presidency.

https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/...onuments-starts-uncivil-war-words-dallas

July 21, 2017

Less than five miles from Dallas City Hall -- in a South Dallas community that's home to mostly black and Latino residents -- rests a three-quarter-acre tract of land where at least 55 Confederate soldiers are buried.

Not many people know it's there.

Located at the corner of Electra and Reed streets, right off Malcolm X. Boulevard, the cemetery's been there for more than a century.

This also happens to be one spot Dallas officials are looking at as a potential location for the Robert E. Lee statue now in Oak Lawn's Lee Park and the Confederate War Memorial in Pioneer Park Cemetery downtown.

Nothing has been decided yet. It's just an idea. And I'll come back to it after I explain why we need to talk about where Confederate bodies are buried. ((BS - it's already been decided))

Blame Mayor Mike Rawlings if you want.

The public conversation he wanted to start about what Dallas should do with the two Confederate statues in city parks didn't take long to go south. It ripped the bandage off an old wound about the institution of slavery and the intentions of those who want to honor those who fought on the losing side of the Civil War.

It may get worse before it gets better.

And it has to get better: After I wrote about the mayor's request to get a new group focused on racial reconciliation in Dallas to put this on its agenda, a rhetorical civil war broke out.

Both sides grabbed their modern-day bayonets -- social media -- and dug in.

One camp, led by a growing cadre of social justice activists, wants to see all symbols of the Confederacy wiped away or hauled off to a museum.

The other camp, including organized groups such as the Sons of Confederate Veterans, doesn't want the city to touch any of the tributes. They say the old monuments and school names should be left in place because they reflect America's -- and Dallas' -- history.

Now you understand why the city of New Orleans, which recently uprooted all four of its Confederate statues after the City Council there declared them a public nuisance, nearly exploded in violence over this.

We don't want that hostility in Dallas. That's why the mayor's strategy makes sense: He has city officials looking to see how other cities, states and schools have responded to Confederate symbols. And he's calling for a public discussion before any formal decision is made.

But folks on both sides, including many I respect, don't want a protracted fight.

The Rev. Michael Waters, a senior pastor of Joy Tabernacle AME Church and one of the leaders of Faith Forward Dallas, said it's clear what the city should do.

"The fact that bringing down monuments to treason and slavery must be debated is itself the height of white supremacy," Waters wrote on my Facebook page. "What is there to debate?"

He's joined by historian Michael Phillips, author of White Metropolis: Race, Ethnicity, and Religion in Dallas, 1841-2001.

"It's time to exorcise the ghosts of the Confederacy that haunt Dallas," Phillips wrote in an article for The Dallas Morning News.

Phillips is gathering signatures -- at least 32 so far -- from area scholars and religious leaders on an "Open Letter" he plans to give to the mayor, City Council and Dallas school district officials, calling for the removal of all Confederate symbols.

"Monuments in public spaces represent what the city, county, state or nation seeks to represent as its core beliefs," the letter reads. "Monuments work to shape identity."

He said every Confederate monument "standing today loudly proclaims that ... the enduring values of this place, this city, and this people is white supremacy."

But John McCammon, 1st Lt. Commander of the Texas Division of the Sons of Confederate Veterans, fired back.

"That is a false narrative," McCammon told WFAA-TV. "It is in no way celebrating slavery."

McCammon is against the push to remove monuments or erase Confederate names from schools. "History should not be erased, good or bad," he said.

That brings us back to the Confederate Cemetery in Dallas. As city cultural and parks officials began looking at how other cities and states have been dealing with Confederate monuments, they saw the cemetery in South Dallas as a natural fit.

Dallas County once owned the land as part of a six-acre tract southeast of the historic Oakland Cemetery; but in 1904, the county set aside three-fourths of an acre for the burial of ex-Confederate soldiers. It deeded the land to the city in 1936, and 40 years later, the park department assumed maintenance responsibilities.

Moving the Confederate statues here seems like a reasonable option -- again, if we can get to that point.

"It's so early," said Jennifer Scripps, director of the city's office of cultural affairs and one of the staffers leading the research on this. "But many cities have done similar things."

Makes sense to me. So does the public art staff's recommendation that the Confederate artworks at Fair Park -- the Confederate Medallion and The Confederacy statue -- be left alone because they are part of "the historical document of the history of Texas."

No matter what the city decides, there's no way the opposing camps will ever agree.

The most we can hope for is that they remain civil.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
At the same time.....tear down all of the MLK avenue/street signs!

Those are RACIST!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sharpsman

Those are RACIST!!

Yep. Michael King was a serial adulterer, beat women, and plagiarized everything he "wrote" and had a coterie of communists swirling around him. Shouldn't a serial domestic woman-beater be expunged from the national landscape?

The sad part is that it's White race traitors who are leading the charge to tear down symbols of their own heritage/culture.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Whilst I am not American and therefore my opinion holds no sway on this matter, I am of the view that as a nation the USA has a displayed history and monuments that are second to none, these are what give a nation it's place in the world and context to it's people...right or wrong the history is the people and any that attempt to remove that identity should be taken out to the street and flogged to death.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, Stuart, your opinion will have the same impact on what happens as mine.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I suspect that 100 years from now, if not sooner, there will be no trace whatsoever of the Confederacy and the Southern culture that went with it. What a shame that will be. Screw these damn liberals and minorities that want to change history.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wait a minute.........

If we totally wipe out history , I mean TOTALLY , then who are the jigaboos gonna blame ?

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I will be called a Yankee here real soon, IDGAF.

I could forget the Civil War,

if,

the blacks forget slavery, move on, go to work, and take responsibility for themselves.

But I demand too much.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's a gniggers world!

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Hmmm....Maybe they could blame those who sold them into slavery. What a concept! That would be other Negroes. They seem to think, if they are capable of such, that evil white men with nets captured them and drug them away from a peaceful life. Factual truth is that they were captured by other tribes and sold to slave traders as spoils of war by other Negroes. Even"politically correct" revisionists cannot deny this fact; though they readily ignore it. History is what it is. Some may not like this and others may not like that. So what? Get over it. Facts are facts. How can mankind possibly progress if we refuse to learn anything from our experiences?

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
This is the exact strife that people on the left who fund it want in our society...

one side pitted against the other...

George Soros is getting exactly what he is spending his money on.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We have been fighting this same issue here in Gainesville. Back in 1904, The United Daughters of the Confederacy group gave a statue to the County, to commemorate the Southern War Dead. For many years, it has stood next to the County Courthouse.
Now our fair city is very, very liberal, and the County is about 25% black, a demographic that the liberal dhimmicrat County and City cater to exclusively. The County finally got the gumption to say "Old Joe" had to go.
The UDC along with the SCV, has battled this effort for years. We did get the approval to remove the Statue ourselves, and to not have it destroyed like the blacks were pushing for..
http://www.alligator.org/news/article_3cec17d0-6ce4-11e7-aeeb-e3e42aa83b81.html

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wonder how long before New Orleans thinks to abolish anything that commemorates their favorite son Jean Laffite. He helped Andrew Jackson save the city from the invading British but his main occupation was smuggling into the U.S.captured slaves bound for South America. There is a lot of stuff named after him, even a town.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
KMS Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Originally Posted by Sharpsman

Those are RACIST!!

Yep. Michael King was a serial adulterer, beat women, and plagiarized everything he "wrote" and had a coterie of communists swirling around him. Shouldn't a serial domestic woman-beater be expunged from the national landscape?

The sad part is that it's White race traitors who are leading the charge to tear down symbols of their own heritage/culture.

Who's Micheal King?

Kelly
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

KMS - "Who's Micheal King? "

He's old man King's boy. Lives down the road a'piece. wink

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The blacks should forget slavery. None of them were ever slaves, the ones living today. They should go to work and take responsibility for themselves.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
My dad used to say that if all the money was taken from the rich people and given to the poor that the rich would have it back in 5 years.

I believe that the non reflectives will continue to fail massively and that the melanin deprived will continue to evolve.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just look at the african countries run by them.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
The blacks should forget slavery. None of them were ever slaves, the ones living today. They should go to work and take responsibility for themselves.

Work to most blacks is slavery and is something they're not accustomed or agreeable to. Just wonder how long this great nation can continue to support them from cradle to grave.
They, having the IQ of an ape, we can't expect too much productivity, however, due to affirmative action for years, they have moved into upper management positions, and have job security until pension time. A damn shame.

Last edited by GeoW; 07/22/17.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by lvmiker
My dad used to say that if all the money was taken from the rich people and given to the poor that the rich would have it back in 5 years.

mike r

If all the money on earth were divided equally amongst all the people on earth everybody would have about $9000 and money would be worthless.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

262 members (1lessdog, 12344mag, 160user, 257 roberts, 10Glocks, 2UP, 31 invisible), 1,700 guests, and 1,128 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,750
Posts18,495,289
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.