Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
The entire Republican party should resign.

That's not a bad idea.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
I would fire both Tillerson and Sessions neither one is getting rid of the obama hold outs.

Tillerson is firing Obama in-beds on a daily basis. The media is not reporting this.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good glad to hear someone is cleaning house.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by doctor_Encore
As long as Sessions is deporting illegals, if that all he does.... is enough for me.

Doc

Jeff Sessions does that very well. That's what he was brought in to do. As a result he has many fans including the more conservative members of the senate. He should be left alone to do the work that he was brought in to do. He left a rock solid senate seat for this. He was the first legitimate politician to back Trump. Trump might not have gotten this far without Sessions.

I just don't know what Trump is doing with this. He's making it appear that he's deathly afraid of this investigation. I wonder sometimes if his New York real estate background is going to be his undoing. Something is there that he doesn't want the world to see.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
I said it at the time that Sessions decision to recuse himself was a disaster. He was almost flippant when he announced it.

I mean I get it. As far as he was concerned there was no there there, so he didn't see the danger in doing what might be the legally prudent thing. But he should have realized that once he lost control, the narrative was going to kick up in gear and there was no telling where this would go.

IC B2

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
the impetus was shifted to rosentahl, rosenberg, whatever his name is, as assistant AG. a degree of command & control was lost, but not completely.

trump is like no other, for better or worse. about like david vs. goliath or some such.

he is depending upon the populace, the rank & file, to stand with him.

i think we will, overall, and in general and on average.

status quo folks do not support our Prez.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I like that Trump is mixing things up. I like the "winning". That said, watching how he deals with some folks, especially running people down in public is going to come back to haunt him. If you're a boss and those people depend on you for a job with other people waiting to fill their shoes if you fire them, you've got a big hammer to wield. You can get things accomplished...you may not get loyalty, but you can force them to do things. In politics, I'm not sure its the same. Keep beating people with the hammer, especially publicly, and they are going to stop working with you, not just them but everyone who's watching....and if enough of them do it, you ain't gonna get nothing done...and in politics if they all turn against you you'll end up getting the shaft.

Hopefully he has an end game in sight and isn't just flying by the seat of his pants, twittering every odd thought. If he pisses enough people off, especially in his own party.....even if he is President, he ain't going to get big issues resolved.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I heard on Rush today that Sessions told his friends that he isn't going to quit. He is calling Trump's bluff - his words.

My take is that Trump is going to fire Sessions, Rosenstein and eventually Mueller. He is going to fire everyone who won't follow his commands.

He's freaking out over this and he sees the easiest way to make this go away is to fire people. If he did do anything seriously wrong in his past then he has nothing to lose by firing everyone in his way. Otherwise this move is just plain stupid. I don't get it.

L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by Tuco
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Sessions works for President Trump.

Sessions has sucked at his job, so far.

Lotsa posters on this board, said "Get Holder" "Hillary for Prison", "Lois Lerner in orange".

But, when it's time to actually do it, the posters go limp, Sessions goes limp, everybody turns into a pussy exscept President Trump.

Sessions is just another Gowdy, talk tough and carry a big pussy.

His ass is gone, and it can't happen soon enough.

Problem is gonna be findin somebody to take the job, knowin they'll *actually have to do it*, not just BS their way through it.

The next AG is gonna know goin in that either the crooked ass O'Buckwheat Dems are goin down, or the new AG is.

Maybe Giuliani. Maybe.

They never shoulda fcked with Don Jr.

Well said.

Unfortunately, Sessions, like everybody else in Washington, is a politician. They all talk a good game but, at the end of the day, are holding hands beneath the table.

Replace Sessions? Plus ca change, plus c'est meme chose.

Are you sure it's hands they are holding under the table? smile

Last edited by las; 07/25/17.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I don't think Trump really wants Sessions out. I think these tweets are just a distraction for the media. No one is talking about the healthcare vote.

And, it's funny. Libs hated Comey until Trump fired him. Libs hated Sessions, until Trump threatened to fire him. This is likely how Trump will get rid of Mueller w/o firing Sessions: https://townhall.com/columnists/kur...mart-about-how-he-fires-mueller-n2358768

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

IC B3

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
trump has been elected to the highest office in the land by us commoners. the empire is verging on the tipping point. don't believe it, read up.

who better to serve us, and represent us than someone who is capable of thinking outside the box.

he hasn't yet caused the rats to scurry from the ship, but maybe he will do that.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by FlaRick
Jeff Sessions has F'ed up time after time and screwed his boss in the process. Time to go.

And he was one of the scant few appointments of Trump's that I halfway approved of. What a shame.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by RollingThunder
I heard on Rush today that Sessions told his friends that he isn't going to quit. He is calling Trump's bluff - his words.

My take is that Trump is going to fire Sessions, Rosenstein and eventually Mueller. He is going to fire everyone who won't follow his commands.

He's freaking out over this and he sees the easiest way to make this go away is to fire people. If he did do anything seriously wrong in his past then he has nothing to lose by firing everyone in his way. Otherwise this move is just plain stupid. I don't get it.

I am still looking for all those good reasons why Trump needs to fire Sessions and Mueller and....

We do not need a Cabinet of yes men afraid to disagree when the head man is wrong.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I would love to know how much of this stuff is just theater.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Admittedly, I'm not the most savvy when it comes to who is the best fit for these various and sundry cabinet positions or whoever President Trump can appoint for whatever position.

What is becoming a bit concerning for me is how many of these folks does Pres. Trump gotta fire? As many as needed i suppose....

For me the concerning part is if he is such a great executive (and i'm confident he is a savvy businessman), why are so many of the folks he's hired turning to be incompetent?

I thought he had a great 'sniffer' for talent? So far, how many of these positions has he had to replace because the first choice sucked ballzzz?

I voted for him and have confidence he will (is and has been) make some truly great decisions for America (the new Supreme Court Justice is a fantastic example).

I hope he can get some better people in the places they need to be so he is able to concentrate on the most glaring of problems and not have to be an HR interviewer...

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by RollingThunder

I am still looking for all those good reasons why Trump needs to fire Sessions and Mueller and....

We do not need a Cabinet of yes men afraid to disagree when the head man is wrong.

a brand new re-set could well be within the near term. we do need a strong leader for sure. trump can lead. hopefully he's got his compass set on the right co-ordinates.

and he'll need a ton of strong as iron backup and support.

the rest of us can only cheer him on, or not.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FlaRick
Trump needs to keep firing down the chain until he gets someone who will serve in an acting capacity, take direction and support his agenda. Then he can use the recess appointment process to put somebody in who is rock solid.

The AG doesn't work for the President or take direction from him. He is the chief federal law enforcement official, not the President's handmaiden.

I'm glad we have Trump, but he needs to work within the Constitution and Laws of the Nation. He isn't chairman of the board anymore; it's politics, for better or worse.

Regarding Muller, ignore him with "executive privilege" and conduct business as usual. DON'T have his officials testify under oath. Just ignore subpoenas; there's nothing Muller and the Klitoon's lawyers hired can do about it.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
trumps supporters will begin (already have begun) rings of power around him. fences beyond fences as it were.

if the swamp is to be drained, it could resemble making sausage..a good product but not enjoyable to watch the process.

i think trump et. al has offered true change which has been need. the repubs and certainly not the demo's agree. they have no clue.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i gotta believe he is doing some j edgar hoover type schit under the covers. he's a mean little schit and i'll bet him and don have this all planned out. something big is going to come out one of these days on hildog or zero or comey or one of them.

My diploma is a DD214
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Sessions keeps sayin he wants the job and wants to stay.

But he ain't actin like it.

President Trump's tweets are intended to do two things:

1- Let Sessions know he's goin to shat or get throwed off the pot; and

2- Make a public record of why Sessions got throwed off the pot.

The AG works for the President. The job don't get done, the AG goes.

President Trump is findin out firsthand that those that can't hack it in the private sector, work for the government.

Scaramucci is a prime example. Punkass liberal that don't like the President.

But, the guy has a past in the private sector. He will toe the line and do his job, or he'll get shatcanned. And, he knew that goin in.

He'll be way better than Spicer, who was Preibus' ballwasher, and a leaker.

Even though he's a punkass liberal. Gettin it done is what counts.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (007FJ, 160user, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 57 invisible), 2,085 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,044
Posts18,482,162
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.