Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by BarryC
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

"The fact that bringing down monuments to treason and slavery must be debated is itself the height of white supremacy," Waters wrote on my Facebook page. "What is there to debate?"

Except it wasn't treason. States seceding is both a Constitutional and a natural right.

They're not monuments to anything other than the brave men they memorialize.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
i'd guess when these monuments are torn down they should be replaced
with plaques or monuments explaining in detail to the uninformed about
how thousands of honest people in the south lost their ancestral farms
and homes to the thieving carpetbag interim government officials who were
put in place after the war's end. many were lost due to false tax values placed
on the properties, then resold to straw buyers working in concert with the
corrupt officials for pennies on the dollar. this isn't some made up story,
it's historical fact and documented all over. many corrupt officials had to
be bodily put out of office after voting was restored, and there were some
in this state where government records and official documents had to be
taken at gunpoint from corrupt carpetbag officials. probably in other states
as well that i'm unaware of.
we'll probably never see this though. . .

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 16bore
Seems the KKK had a big protest about taking down the statue of Lee in Charlottesville, VA. Since they are for it, I say tear the damn thing down.

Had the damn Yankees and Republicans not raped and pilfered the people of the South following the War of Southern Secession, there would never have been a KKK. The KKK was started as a way for the White Southerner to defend both their lives and their property, against the Northern trash who were trying to take it. To add insult to injury, the Republicans put Negroes in office in the former Confederate states, just so they could manipulate them into doing their dirty work, and put further hurt and shame on the Whites of the South. I have never had a thing to do with the Klan, don't know if there even is one where I live, but they got their start because of the policies of the Republican Party.......the same Republican Party that most on here belong to today. That's history, just like those monuments and statues are.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BarryC
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

"The fact that bringing down monuments to treason and slavery must be debated is itself the height of white supremacy," Waters wrote on my Facebook page. "What is there to debate?"

Except it wasn't treason. States seceding is both a Constitutional and a natural right.

True.....there was nothing treasonous about it. The states had always had the right to leave the Union anytime they pleased. The problem was that Lincoln and the Northern Abolitionists wanted to punish the South, and war was there chosen way to go about doing it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by smokepole
Seems the KKK had a big protest about taking down the statue of Lee in Charlottesville, VA. Since they are for it, I say tear the damn thing down.

They came out in support of Trump too, guess that means you voted for Hilary.

You really are that stupid.

No. But you are. For bringing up the KKK in the first place.

How long have you lived in the south?

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I was born in the south, lived in the south a total of 42 years before I moved out west.

How about you?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Glad to see your dumbass go.

Thanks.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
GFY. Dipschitt.

But at least answer the question.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JamesJr
[....the same Republican Party that most on here belong to today. That's history, just like those monuments and statues are.

Historical FACTS don't support your statement. Republicans in the 60s supported the Civil Rights movement, whilst just about every DEMOCRAT politician (used to be known as the DIXIECRATS) were for it. I support the rest of your statements but today's Rs are a far cry from those in the post War of Northern Aggression era.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
the entire issue of race in the South,. before and after the war of northern aggression, is fraught with ignorance. Folks up north, and those in the west, really don't have a clue as to what really happened, and is still happening.
Looks like not many folks ever read American History. What you learned in public schools is virtually all wrong, slanted, biased or deliberately twisted.

Sam......

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Life long...

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by JamesJr
[....the same Republican Party that most on here belong to today. That's history, just like those monuments and statues are.

Historical FACTS don't support your statement. Republicans in the 60s supported the Civil Rights movement, whilst just about every DEMOCRAT politician (used to be known as the DIXIECRATS) were for it. I support the rest of your statements but today's Rs are a far cry from those in the post War of Northern Aggression era.

You're right that the rank and file members of today's Republican Party are different from those of 150+ years ago, but the name is still the same. Today's Republicans are, to a large degree, yesterday's Democrats. I know, because I'm one. Reagan Democrats, is what we used to be called. But, it was Lincoln and the Republicans that forced the war upon the South, setting up the Reconstruction Period, that led to the formation of the KKK. Many on this board still defend the policies of Lincoln and those Republicans. That's what I meant with my reference to the Republican Party.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Life long...

Which is most likely less time than I spent in the south.

Which is why you wont answer the same question you asked me, ain't that rich.

Dipschitt.

Last edited by smokepole; 07/25/17. Reason: Had to add "dipschiit;" it's his middle name.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Bump for the dipschitt.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
The south took up arms against The United States. They were our enemies for the duration of the civil war. I feel the same way about a confederate statue as a British statue, they were the enemies of the US. If California succeeded against the US and attacked a federal military base, I would not want to see a statue of Jerry Brown in 50 years.

P.S. That's right I said it............................bring on the hate.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's fine, you're allowed to say that.
But for a lot of people, those guys were defending our rights against an unconstitutional usurpation of power. The fact that they lost is just another of history's tragedies.

Last edited by BarryC; 07/27/17.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by nealglen37
The south took up arms against The United States. They were our enemies for the duration of the civil war.

You're allowed to say it. Just realize that you're speaking for yourself, and not everyone when you use the word "our."

And if California succeeded in seceding that would be a good thing IMO, and Jerry Brown would indeed be a hero.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

614 members (007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1lessdog, 222Sako, 21, 67 invisible), 2,451 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,413
Posts18,470,470
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.