Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
In fairness, I think he appointed himself rather than be chosen by Trump. His name is Robert Jeffress and he has a recurring gig on Fox along with being the Pastor of First Baptist of Dallas.

He pastored First Baptist in Wichita Falls prior to being "called" to Dallas. He loves media attention and today I heard he had blessed a Trump in whatever action he chose to take against N K., using Paul's letter to the Romans as a basis.

He was forever grabbing local headlines here. One example was when he found out the local public library bought two copies of " Heather has two Mommies" to loan out. When he couldn't shame the Library Board into burning them, he asked his congregation to keep the books checked out and pay the fines so tender eyes wouldn't be subjected to it.

That's not the sort of thing Baptist Pastors do as a rule.

We went to his church one Easter Sunday thinking we would see the usual special presentations and hear special music. The entire hour was devoted to a video of the architects drawing for a new sanctuary and a plea for donations to the building fund.

Raising the money for the new building was his ticket to Dallas.

Looking at him reminds me of what an old Mississippi Riverboat Captain told his son, who told it to me:

" Don't trust no SOB if you can put bof his eyes out with one finger."

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Trump and a Baptist preacher..... Sounds like the beginning of a joke......

Sic Semper Tyrannis
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
i thought trump man was a presbyterian, his mom being from scotland and all. sorry, carry-on.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Normal preacher. Praise the Lord and pass the plate. [bleep] making 4-5 times more than the average member of the congregation.
Bible says "Jesus wept". He should looking down here seeing what pricks do in his name.
Wasn't it Gandhi that said " I like your Christ, but not your Christian's. They are so unlike your Christ"
Guy might have wore a diaper, but he was spot on.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Normal preacher. Praise the Lord and pass the plate. [bleep] making 4-5 times more than the average member of the congregation.
Bible says "Jesus wept". He should looking down here seeing what pricks do in his name.
Wasn't it Gandhi that said " I like your Christ, but not your Christian's. They are so unlike your Christ"

That has not been my experience at all. And I doubt yours either, but carry on with your nonsense if you must. Statistics don't back up what you're saying.

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
The church has been corrupt for hundreds of years. Fully 75% of the preachers I've known would have been fired and 1/2 would be in prison today if they had to meet the same ethical standards as most government employees. About 1 in 4 that I've known were honest decent people. There is simply too much money, too little work and no oversight in the ministry profession. And that is what it has become, a business.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Preachers have their own agenda. Some good. Some bad.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by JMR40
The church has been corrupt for hundreds of years. Fully 75% of the preachers I've known would have been fired and 1/2 would be in prison today if they had to meet the same ethical standards as most government employees. About 1 in 4 that I've known were honest decent people. There is simply too much money, too little work and no oversight in the ministry profession. And that is what it has become, a business.

Come down to Leesburg and you can attend church with us. Your conclusions would be proven 100% incorrect.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer

That has not been my experience at all. And I doubt yours either, but carry on with your nonsense if you must. Statistics don't back up what you're saying.

American median income $44,000.00
Senior pastor $95,000.00

My experience has taught me to be very wary of preachers. Glad your experience has been different.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
I liked it when Jeffreys essentially told his congregation that this nation needs a good baass to straighten stuff up.
I like him a lot more better than zeros GD America preacher. wink

Good perceptive non PC truth telling preachers need more bigger sanctuaries. Im tired of those mealy mouth bastids who say they are afraid of losing their tax exempt status and are afraid of losing a few bucks by pissing off old yellow dog dimocrats to tell it like it is. He has guts and lays them on the line, which is why he needs a bigger sanctuary.

Last edited by jaguartx; 08/09/17.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He's got some decent people giving him spiritual advice and some real losers too.

One of those being Paula White, can't believe he'd let her set foot in the White House. She's one of those that's made a career out of "doing the Lord's work", including nailing Benny Hinn.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Im sick of those worthless "vote yer conscience" bastids.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Simply a representation of modern American society. The average "American" is a worthless piece of mooching entitled [bleep], regardless of occupation. Organized religion has not been spared of this curse among their membership. Everybody needs something to help them get by. I'll stick with alcohol.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Alchyhaul sounds like a proven strategy.

I Dindo Nuffin
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Senior pastor $95,000.00

My experience has taught me to be very wary of preachers. Glad your experience has been different.

What is the education level of these "Senior Pastors"?

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Senior pastor $95,000.00

most senior pastors have a doctorate degree, about 9 years of post HS education.
What do most other people holding doctorates make?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Thank you, rphguy. I was hoping someone else would weigh in with some facts.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Thank you, rphguy. I was hoping someone else would weigh in with some facts.

LOL> I am a senior pastor myself. Albeit, I am the only pastor on staff and I'm bi-vocational. Also a pharmacist.

I have a Master of Divinity Degree. I make about $22K as a bi-vo pastor.
Am I overpaid also according to the other guy?

Last edited by rphguy; 08/10/17.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

Senior pastor $95,000.00

I would hazard to guess that you don't attend Church and use your vast experience as a good excuse. In my possibly not so vast experience,I've known several pastors. I've not yet met one that made 1/2 the minimum wage if you counted all the hours worked. Most pastors actually work two full time jobs with their Pastor job taking just about every hour of the day away from their wives and families. Most of the time it's a hard thankless job where you constantly have cheap ass holes concerned that you are stealing the dollar they put in the collection plate. I've known a bunch that used the money from their second job to subsidize the church income just to keep the lights on.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

261 members (10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 2ndwind, 17CalFan, 29aholic, 1Longbow, 35 invisible), 3,058 guests, and 1,011 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,641
Posts18,533,619
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.