R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
The last church I attended I asked the pastor if he thought the instructions in the New Testament were to be applied to the church today. He said, "Positively." Then once I started he had a woman come to the pulpit and speak. I left right then. God's Word is very clear.

Hilarious, Ringman would shunned Ruth and stoned Rahab.

[Linked Image]

Not to mention that Peter must have lied in Acts 2:18. I suppose Ringman would say that it would be OK for the women to prophesy as long as no one heard them.

Just another example of misinterpreting scripture. The who it is spoken to, and the why, is very important in the scripture,otherwise many women would have an excuse for unwed pregnancy.

Typical church goer. Lots of speculation.

So you don't believe Scriptures were written to the modern church? Take a look at to whom They are written and disregard Those addressed to a specific group. The rest I guess you can apply to the modern church. I choose to take It as a whole.

No,not all are written to the modern church. Heb.10:26 for instance cannot be applied to Christians. It was written specifically to Jews who where considering returning to the sacrificial offerings after having heard the Gospel. The "willful sin" spoken of is leaving the Gospel to return to Jewish law. You fall into much ignorance not considering who is being spoken to and why.

Do you still make animal sacrifices for your sins? Then why can't you consider the whole of the scriptures rather than picking what you wish to obey and insist that others obey as well. If women are to always be silent in church,then how are they to prophesy in the last days as Perter spoke of concerning the prophet Joel in Acts 2:18? If a woman can never instruct a man, how is it that God allowed Aquila and Priscilla to more perfectly instruct Apollos in Acts 18:24-26?

God allowed women to be both prophetesses and teachers in both the old and new testament. Either you are wrong in your interpretation that women can neither speak in church or teach men,or God is schizophrenic. I choose to believe that it is you who is wrong,and God is doing just fine.

Paul wrote for the women to keep silent and ask their husbands at home,at that particular time to that particular group because they were all new to the Gospel. The men had heard, but when they brought their wives to learn, too many questions were asked during service,so Paul simply said to catch them up about what was going on at home.

God is no respecter of persons or sex. Rom.2:11 and Gal.3:28

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 08/10/17.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Can you show me from God's Word where Hebrews10:26 was NOT written to Christians? Many Christians have used That very Scripture to tell me I should be part of an assembly.

The rest of your post borders on foolishness.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Can you show me from God's Word where Hebrews10:26 was NOT written to Christians? Many Christians have used That very Scripture to tell me I should be part of an assembly.

You can find it if you take the time to study the original text and take the whole letter into consideration. The reason that "there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins" is that if a Jew wouldn't accept the sacrifice of Jesus as final,no other sacrifice would have any merit.

As to the rest of my post , 1 Cor.1:21

Would you otherwise take the scripture to mean that if a Christian sins on purpose,he is no longer saved? To do so would be eisegesis.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jackmountain

Wasn't it Gandhi that said " I like your Christ, but not your Christian's. They are so unlike your Christ"
Guy might have wore a diaper, but he was spot on.

Jesus came to shepherd the weak and stray flock, and he knowingly chose a much despised and decrepit
fault filled group of men to be his 12 disciples......so yeh, Gandhi was correct.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Squirrelnut

My grandpa used to say if you come home and see the preacher leaving your house he'll either be picking his teeth
or zipping up his pants. Not sure how true that is .....

I have European Roman catholic on both sides, and my parents and grandparents and their parents all treated priests
with rightful circumspect, full well knowing what your grandpa said was true...I recall the priests dropping in from time to
time at our home and my parents politely put out the vibe to let them know they are not interested in the two faced snakeoil
god talk and that they were not really welcome....they got the message.. wink

of course if they weren't trying to bang the parish women, the pedophile priests were banging the children of those women....
and those who were doing neither, just went about keeping it secret and protecting the reputation of the church and the
seminary they belong to...... trash the lot of them from the Vatican down.....the horrific extent of church leader sexual
abuse investigations across the globe says it all really.....and its just the tip of the iceberg.

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
My old man is the best witness of Christ's teaching I've ever known, and I've RARELY heard him quote a single scripture.
Actions speak louder than words, and selflessness is paramount. Looking for salvation in some mega church led by a pastor with a doctorate, and a $500 suit is like looking for a virgin in a whore house.
Slick suited sheister con men better read and comprehend Ezekil 25:17 if you actually follow the word.
Me? I could give a [bleep] less. I could care less about organized religion and the sad circus it's become. I'm gonna work hard, be the best parent I can be, be true to my wife, try to help my fellow man when possible and be careful not to purposely do harm to others unless provoked. If that's not the spirit of Christ's teachings, I don't know what is.

Last edited by jackmountain; 08/10/17.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Lol. It's hard to watch God when he finds out he's not God.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My old man is the best witness of Christ's teaching I've ever known, and I've RARELY heard him quote a single scripture.
Actions speak louder than words, and selflessness is paramount. Looking for salvation in some mega church led by a pastor with a doctorate, and a $500 suit is like looking for a virgin in a whore house.
Slick suited sheister con men better read and comprehend Ezekil 25:17 if you actually follow the word.
Me? I could give a [bleep] less. I could care less about organized religion and the sad circus it's become. I'm gonna work hard, be the best parent I can be, be true to my wife, try to help my fellow man when possible and be careful not to purposely do harm to others unless provoked. If that's not the spirit of Christ's teachings, I don't know what is.

We get it, you've got an axe to grind against Christians and religion....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Your old man operated like my parents and grandparents, ...
they never ranted on about Jesus or God, rarely if ever attended a congregation,
never trumpeted themselves as christians before others, instead they just got on
with the good ways and actions expected of christians.

but that calls for a little training and discipline in the ways of quiet humble service,
which is alien to many self serving God botherers.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Regardless,

He's better the Obama's preacher.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Regardless,

He's better the Obama's preacher Imam.

Fixed.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
...Clergy is supposed to be a calling, not an occupation. You comparing the clergy to any other occupation proves a point. It's become a lucrative career choice which tends to draw in alot of folks who treat it as they would a secular position. Read the teachings of Jesus and tell me you think he would approve of someone using his teachings to live a way above median lifestyle. I spent 3 days a week til I turned 17 and moved out in a church. Avent noticed a void in my life since then that needs filled. Den of liars and hypocrites

Who told you the clergy was supposed to be a calling and not a job?

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
What are they lying to you about?

Whatever they want to get people to attend. The first one that comes to mind is when I went to a Nazarene church when I moved to a new town. I asked the pastor if he believed God created in six twenty-four hour days. He said, "Yes." I then asked if believed in the bodily resurrection of Jesus. Again he said, "Yes." Then I asked if he believed Jesus was coming back for the church. He answered, "Yes." We started attending the church. Later he told me, "I don't know why I answered those questions the way I did. I don't believe any of those things." The last church I attended I asked the pastor if he thought the instructions in the New Testament were to be applied to the church today. He said, "Positively." Then once I started he had a woman come to the pulpit and speak. I left right then. God's Word is very clear.

1 Timothy 2:9-14
"Likewise, I want women to adorn themselves with proper clothing, modestly and discreetly, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly garments, but rather by means of good works, as is proper for women making a claim to godliness. A woman must quietly receive instruction with entire submissiveness. But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet. For it was Adam who was first created, and then Eve. And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression."

1 Corinthians 14:26-34
"What is the outcome then, brethren? When you assemble, each one has a psalm, has a teaching, has a revelation, has a tongue, has an interpretation. Let all things be done for edification. If anyone speaks in a tongue, it should be by two or at the most three, and each in turn, and one must interpret; but if there is no interpreter, he must keep silent in the church; and let him speak to himself and to God. Let two or three prophets speak, and let the others pass judgment. But if a revelation is made to another who is seated, the first one must keep silent. For you can all prophesy one by one, so that all may learn and all may be exhorted; and the spirits of prophets are subject to prophets; for God is not a God of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints.

"The women are to keep silent in the churches; for they are not permitted to speak, but are to subject themselves, just as the Law also says.

Those aren't God's words, those are Paul's.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

The truth is that "you don't know what is". All your good deeds and loving kindness is like menstrual rags to God, as long as you are trusting in what you can do to be worthy of Heaven. Salvation is to surrender your life to God and trust in Jesus alone and his sacrifice for your redemption. From that relationship and trust good deeds will be birthed,but the good deeds without the relationship and trust in Jesus are totally worthless.

Personally,I have to question your relationship with Jesus since you seem to despise his body,the Church,and his servants,the pastors. Do you judge them by their deeds and yourself by your intentions? Do you judge them only by what you suppose to be true,and what makes you feel better about not submitting to any authority? Do you want to be judged as harshly as you are judging them? I can't say if you are saved or not,but I've told you what it is to be saved,and given you some important questions to ask yourself. I do hope you come to the correct conclusions and make the right decision.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Starman

Your old man operated like my parents and grandparents, ...
they never ranted on about Jesus or God, rarely if ever attended a congregation,
never trumpeted themselves as christians before others, instead they just got on
with the good ways and actions expected of christians.

but that calls for a little training and discipline in the ways of quiet humble service,
which is alien to many self serving God botherers.

Just make sure not to confuse morality for salvation. A lot of really good moral people aren't saved. Some of them were just taught to be good people by their parents. Conversely, a lot of really crappy people are newly saved just working on having their minds renewed and waiting for fruit to grow.

See my post above for further explanation.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

You can find it if you take the time to study the original text and take the whole letter into consideration. The reason that "there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins" is that if a Jew wouldn't accept the sacrifice of Jesus as final,no other sacrifice would have any merit.

Would you otherwise take the scripture to mean that if a Christian sins on purpose,he is no longer saved? To do so would be eisegesis.

Does your post mean Galatians is for the Jews and not for Christians too?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
.. I could care less about organized religion and the sad circus it's become. I'm gonna work hard, be the best parent I can be, be true to my wife,
try to help my fellow man when possible and be careful not to purposely do harm to others unless provoked. If that's not the spirit of Christ's teachings, I don't know what is.

The truth is that "you don't know what is". All your good deeds and loving kindness is like menstrual rags to God,....

So Jack following the new covenant instruction introduced by Jesus himself to 'love one another' is nothing but menstrual rags value to God?

IIRC, God does ask man to do things that please God, but any such works (like the example set by the Good Samaritan and which Jesus instructed others to follow)
only have menstrual rag value?....although good works don't find a person favor with God, Im not so sure God devalues such good works expected of man by God,
to the extent you suggest.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Starman
.. I could care less about organized religion and the sad circus it's become. I'm gonna work hard, be the best parent I can be, be true to my wife,
try to help my fellow man when possible and be careful not to purposely do harm to others unless provoked. If that's not the spirit of Christ's teachings, I don't know what is.

The truth is that "you don't know what is". All your good deeds and loving kindness is like menstrual rags to God,....

So Jack following the new covenant instruction introduced by Jesus himself to 'love one another' is nothing but menstrual rags value to God?

IIRC, God does ask man to do things that please God, but any such works (like the example set by the Good Samaritan and which Jesus instructed others to follow)
only have menstrual rag value?....although good works don't find a person favor with God, Im not so sure God devalues such good works expected of man by God,
to the extent you suggest.

Then I suggest you read Romans chapter 3 and Isaiah 64:6

What I suggest is that all these things you hold dear mean nothing at all unless they come from a relationship with God. To obey the commandment is not to be saved. You cannot be saved by obeying the commandments. The commandments were only given to show you how sinful you are,and to prove to you that you need to rely on a sacrifice for sin,that sacrifice being Jesus.

There is even a law that says if you break one tiny law ,you are guilty of breaking every one.God didn't want you to think you could pass with a grade of 99%. God wants your whole reliance on Jesus as your sacrifice for sin,and therefor your savior.

Now mind that I said keeping the law cannot save you,but once you are saved the Holy Spirit will guide you ,if you allow him,to obey God's laws. They are not for salvation though. They are only to be obeyed because they are the best way to live and have a happy and fruitful life.

What you are not to do is to judge your relationship with God or your salvation on how well you or anyone else keeps his commandments. To do so is self effort and a way to look to yourself,rather than Jesus, for your salvation. The first sin was the sin of self effort. Adam and Eve were tempted to make themselves like God through their own effort. Satan said to them,"If you will do this thing,you will be like God."

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

Does your post mean Galatians is for the Jews and not for Christians too?

In Galatians Paul is speaking to Jews who have become Christians but are falling back into the law as their guide. Do you think as a Christian his warnings not to rely on the law could have any significance for you?

Conversely,in Hebrews Paul is calling it "willful sin" for a Jew who has heard the Gospel,and tasted of the truth,to go back into animal sacrifice. He is telling them that if they will not accept the sacrifice of Jesus ,there remains no more sacrifice.Heb.10:26
Don't you see how you completely take his words out of context if you claim that the " willful sin" Paul is speaking of is any sin a Christian does on purpose? The only way you could commit the "willful sin" Paul is speaking of is to go back to animal sacrifice because you think Jesus wasn't the sacrifice for your sin. That's why verse 29 applies and you would have "trodden underfoot the Son Of God and counted his blood an unholy thing",because you wouldn't accept his blood for your sin.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444

We get it, you've got an axe to grind against Christians and religion....

YOU may have got that message, but I got the one where he is sick to death of lying ped sponges doing as they will with impunity, I also got that he is very much in support of the Christian faith and it's adherents.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (2500HD, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 222ND, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 64 invisible), 2,585 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,691
Posts18,534,529
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.