Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#12156690 07/19/17
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
https://www.impactguns.com/core15-m...ard-coat-30-rd-mft-mag-707137964846.aspx

This is a heck of a price for an occasional shooter, all I'll ever use it for. whistle whistle

They have good reviews, so I popped for one.

Any opinions on them here?

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

GB1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
They have them in shops all over clarksville, couple of yrs ago they had their road show van and a bunch of rifles on display at rural king, the dudes were pretty cool and they stressed their lifetime warranty anything going wrong or breaking 100% fix or replace , even if it is your fault. They seem like solid guns the ones i looked at in their road show.

Last edited by renegade50; 07/20/17.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Core is just outside of Ocala, which is right down I-75 from my casa. I have stopped in many times, and they are not only really decent folks, but they know what they are doing.

Sam......

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
There is a local shop that I think the road show made them feel like they were on the Core team
They stepped up and bought and sold quite a few

Now a couple years down the road they are still very big on them
They had little or no problems
Thier warrenty is very simple and clear

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
mine jammed on any and all mil spec brass. and i mean jammed. on loading, so it was hairy extracting the round. the brass all measured to Saami specs .
i called Core and they told me their chambers are all "tight" and not to use mil spec brass.
my question was "so if i am in a scrap some where and happen to get mil spec ammo, i'm SOL?" their answer was yep!
the core barrel got replaced.
lost me as a customer.

Last edited by deerstalker; 07/26/17.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by deerstalker
mine jammed on any and all mil spec brass. and i mean jammed. on loading, so it was hairy extracting the round. the brass all measured to Saami specs .
i called Core and they told me their chambers are all "tight" and not to use mil spec brass.
my question was "so if i am in a scrap some where and happen to get mil spec ammo, i'm SOL?" their answer was yep!
the core barrel got replaced.
lost me as a customer.

I've fired many mil spec rounds through my Core M4 without any issues. I'm very pleased with it.

μολὼν λαβέ
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I just wonder why core would not have helped you with that? If the gun is marked 5.56 then it sounds like it should fire XM193. They should have made that good. I have sent guns back to Daniel defense and Noveske and they took care of the problem,, for get this...accuracy out of a chrome lined barrel. In both cases they replaced the barrel after I complained and was looking for 2 inch groups with decent ammo. I have one chrome lined DD pencil barreled gun that will shoot almost as good as many stainless steel barrels will i.e. 1.5 MOA with 20 shots.....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This is the problem with these off brands like this isn't that they NEVER put out a good product, it's that they put out inconsistent products. And most of the people buying a $400 AR will never fire it enough to find problems with it, or they'll just expect to have problems with a $400 gun and never complain about them.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
This is the problem with these off brands like this isn't that they NEVER put out a good product, it's that they put out inconsistent products. And most of the people buying a $400 AR will never fire it enough to find problems with it, or they'll just expect to have problems with a $400 gun and never complain about them.

what pizza's me off is i spent 650.00 on that 400.00 gun blush

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

That sounds like you described Kimber...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Reminds me of the Para compact .45 I bought. The mags were crap, but even though they acknowledged the problem, I had to send them back, leaving me without any, before they would replace them. Seemed like poor economy to me. I had trusted them on an $800 gun, you'd think they would trust me on a couple of $20 mags. At the time, short .45 mags weren't found just everywhere.

Contrast that with Ruger, who has sent me small parts for free on a couple of occasions, and exchanged scope rings at no cost as well. I think that's called playing the long game.

Last edited by Pappy348; 08/11/17.

What fresh Hell is this?
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Hey wait... pair of kimbers are almost fool proof for Carolyn and I... but then again they are 1911s.. LOL

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Hey wait... pair of kimbers are almost fool proof for Carolyn and I... but then again they are 1911s.. LOL

My 3 Kimber Montana's have been great so to be fair, I'm sure he meant 1911's which is normal for any brand
wink

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (1234, 1minute, 1OntarioJim, 1Longbow, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 55 invisible), 2,213 guests, and 1,352 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,926
Posts18,479,827
Members73,953
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.