Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 23 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 22 23
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MadMooner
I would of skinned out the head first and gotten rid of as much tissue as possible. Would of run a line through the skull as well.

Bet it won't be long until that horn slips off and a critter drags the rotten thing off...

Yep...

GB1

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by MadMooner
I would of skinned out the head first and gotten rid of as much tissue as possible. Would of run a line through the skull as well.

Bet it won't be long until that horn slips off and a critter drags the rotten thing off...

Yep...

Some people won't let themselves be helped.

I guess it's that old lead a horse to water thing

Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I hung it where I can check with binocs from the house. If that happens I'll just have to beat the critters to it. Or not. At the end of the day it's just a dang dead ungulate skull, not like its grandma's ashes or something. crazy

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
In the subject line, you asked for advice. Has you used any of it?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans

He's a troll, nothing more, nothing less.

IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

He's a troll, nothing more, nothing less.

no, that is the one thing he is not.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Unreal....

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
I hung it where I can check with binocs from the house. If that happens I'll just have to beat the critters to it. Or not. At the end of the day it's just a dang dead ungulate skull, not like its grandma's ashes or something. crazy

I really tried to stay out of this.

But you really are one dumbazz mofo.

Years worth of points for a tag. You shoot a buck you deem worthy. And then hang it up like that. Unreal.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ol' Piss Head (thanks for the great name rosco!) is officially in the process of becoming.... whatever. Hopefully a Euro style mount. We'll see what happens. Stinky fugger.

[Linked Image]

I'll update things as the "curing" process unfolds.

Truly appreciate the advice and well-wishes guys. It's was a really fun experience and I can't wait to hunt them again. My buds (not that kind, silly) and I are plotting a trip to Wyoming next year. If the meat is as good as everyone says... this is just a first antelope of many.

Also had a great time hanging with and sharing intel with all the great guys at Page Springs CG. If you stumble across this thread, as you know, the general vibe up there was of sharing and rooting for each other to succeed- it was awesome. Salute!

Thinkin I'll un-sub from this thread now. I have stirred enough pots for one thread. smile

Thanks again guys- haters included- for an entertaining and informative thread. One more episode of As The Campfire Turns. I knew you wouldn't let me down and it's been fun.

GD you are not the brightest guy in town.. To help with the process why didn't you cut the hide off the head and get it down to the skull. But I'm sure you just took that photo to get a stir out of people. As smomepole said you are [bleep] stirrer and live for this [bleep]. I left Oregon 19yrs ago and because of folks like you makes me glad I'm never going back..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by 79S
Ol' Piss Head (thanks for the great name rosco!) is officially in the process of becoming.... whatever. Hopefully a Euro style mount. We'll see what happens. Stinky fugger.

[Linked Image]

Truly appreciate the advice and well-wishes guys. It's was a really fun experience and I can't wait to hunt them again. My buds (not that kind, silly) and I are plotting a trip to Wyoming next year. If the meat is as good as everyone says... this is just a first antelope of many.

Also had a great time hanging with and sharing intel with all the great guys at Page Springs CG. If you stumble across this thread, as you know, the general vibe up there was of sharing and rooting for each other to succeed-

it was awesome. Salute!

Thinkin I'll un-sub from this thread now. I have stirred enough pots for one thread. smile

Thanks again guys- haters included- for an entertaining and informative thread. One more episode of As The Campfire Turns. I knew you wouldn't let me down and it's been fun.

GD you are not the brightest guy in town.. To help with the process why didn't you cut the hide off the head and get it down to the skull. But I'm sure you just took that photo to get a stir out of people. As smomepole said you are [bleep] stirrer and live for this [bleep]. I left Oregon 19yrs ago and because of folks like you makes me glad I'm never going back..

Exactly. Complete dipshit but has guys patting him on the back here. I would honestly flatten the dipshits nose if I ever met him.

IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I decided I'm going to go ahead with my original notion to hang the Ol' Piss-Head back in my woods and let nature clean it up. If the horns loosen up I'll deal with that. I'll report back with how that goes. The whole trophyism thing is yet another difference of opinion I have with many here; it's virtually meaningless to me, yet it's THE WHOLE POINT DAMMIT! for some guys. One more reason to get yelled at, I suppose. smile

Sorry to hear that. It will end poorly, and for no good reason, sadly. Tried to help, but wasted my time.

Anytime you try to give good advice to this dipshit it is time wasted . Even tho I totally disagree with your methods on taking care of the head, at least you had a method that worked for you. The dumbass Jeff just wants to be a [bleep] diva and look cute while wasting everyone's time. There are a few people that know him by name and reputation from here. I will honestly drop the [bleep] if I was ever to meet him

Last edited by rosco1; 08/20/17.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Too add good taxidermist do not charge all that much for a good euro mount either. Says alot about a guy who will spend a fortune on a rifle but won't spend$200 for a nice European mount.

Last edited by 79S; 08/20/17.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
15 years waiting, shoot an absolute pisshead two year old buck , seemingly only to get attention from those that you try to be loved by (men).Few things I'm sure of, you build a [bleep] rifle, about he [bleep] hunter ive I've read of ,yet you have guys here giving you props, guys that you wouldn't even be allowed to polish their boots for a mornining hunt .i guess everyone here is in to awarding participation trophies.. you're the biggest piece of [bleep] I've never met.

[Linked Image]

Also had a great time hanging with and sharing intel with all the great guys at Page Springs CG. If you stumble across this thread, as you know, the general vibe up there was of sharing and rooting for each other to succeed- it was awesome. Salute!

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by 79S

[Linked Image]

I knew I shouldn't have tuned into this thread...JeffO never disappoints , he's still the biggest Piece of [bleep] on the Campfire.....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by 79S

[Linked Image]

I knew I shouldn't have tuned into this thread...JeffO never disappoints , he's still the biggest Piece of [bleep] on the Campfire.....

For a tag that your lucky to get maybe every 12-15 years here in Oregon I had hoped you would take care of the trophy a little better than that. Gotta admit that it is lame so why even post it here???

Last edited by Oregonmuley; 08/20/17.

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Would you be busting on that if I'd said there was lots of IPA trading up there? Doubt it.

Wrong. I don't like to read about people drinking in hunt camp either. Not that I'm against drinking, it's just not one of the things I'd dwell on if I was writing a post about a hunt. It sends the wrong message and it's not what hunting is about. At least for me.

Say what you want about alcohol vs cannabis, the fact is alcohol has been an accepted part of our culture for millennia and weed still is not. Moderate alcohol use is not offensive to most but weed is offensive to many. So your post is offensive to many and yes, I get that you don't give a sh** and I think that's sad.

Just like you don't give a sh** about those horns, I get that too. But as you can see, many do so your posting that photo is just another example of sh**-stirring and attention whoring. Congratulations. "Stick it to the man." We are not "the man."

SP, your points are duly noted. Looking back it looks like I aimed my diatribe at you- I hadn't meant to. But consider this. Would you be busting on that if I'd said there was lots of IPA trading up there? Doubt it. In my personal experience in terms of, well, EVERYTHING alcohol is far more damaging than weed. You're a smart and reasonable guy; you see the hypocrisies there. If I'm on the leading edge of opening folks minds on this here then so be it. Getting hated on comes with that territory. I can take it. Anyway, you'll be seeing this behavior in a whole lot more hunting camps. Like it or don't; it's here. As I said it surprised the heck out of me. Camo'd up redneck-lookin dudes kept whilping it out. Weird and a little shocking- that's granted. Also a plain fact and IMHO in the big picture a good thing. Time will tell.

Out.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Jeff try and give you the benefit of a doubt because you good naturedly put up with a lot of schit on here for the most part but sheesh!

On a positive note next year's lucky tag holder will have a better shot at a what should be a really mature buck that Jeff did not bother to look for
Hate to judge other hunters that are satisfied and follow all laws when taking an animal

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by battue

I have nothing against the free man thought. I do have a problem with it when it may hurts mine. Same with motorcycle helmets. Bang your brains out, makes no difference here. But cover your own health insurance to the point the public is never going to have to pay a penny for your care. Then ride free, die young and leave a beautiful body. Whatever.....

I feel the same way about anyone that uses tobacco, alcohol; other drugs or engages in high or even low-risk adventures. No one should expect anyone else to pay their freight.

Any anyone that is using tobacco or alcohol and gets on Jeff-O's case is a hypocrite.

Full disclosure: Back in the late 60's my younger brothers and I had a saying "Better living through chemistry." That included mushroms and cactus. I smoked weed for about 12 years and cigarettes longer. Gave it all up but still enjoy an occasional glass of wine with my dinner.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks much guys.

I was thinking he was pretty dinky, but at camp other hunters kept saying he was a pretty good buck. Who knew?!

Sammo, my plan for mounting it is as follows: hang the head from a tree way out in my woods and let Sasquatch and bugs clean it up this winter. What could go wrong <grin>?

Just about everything. A better way (among many) is to simply put the head in a trash bag for a few days to let the horns loosen. Cut around the base to help them separate from the hide if necessary but they should slide off after a few days.

In the meantime, skin and deflesh the head as much as possible. Remove eyes, ears, tongue, and every scrape of meat that you can. Then put it in a bucket of water, put a lid on it, and forget about it for 1-4 months. Removed and power wash at the local carwash. You can resoak with some detergent to remove any oils from the bone but usually not necessary. Just dry and slide the horns back on - you may need some paper towels to help the bone spurs grip the horns properly.

Simple.

Welp.

Touching base to say boy were Leroy & Jordan and others right, and boy was my "plan" wrong. smile

Looked out there with my binocs this morning and it'd ALREADY slipped the horn it was hanging from! D'oh. Went out and retrieved the stinky [bleep] and will proceed more or less according to Mr. Beans' suggestions. Thanks again guys.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Enjoy conversing with you because you generally make valid, succinct points and usually avoid getting overly personal. I'll give you a mulligan because clearly I upset you. But to MY point, what you are saying there clearly illustrates why, in my view, guys like me should be talking about this. If not me, who? If not here, where? If it's not talked about, then how do attitudes evolve and change? Do you not agree that attitudes should evolve and change? Why exactly am I supposed to be so ashamed of this? Why exactly do I have to stay in the closet so to speak? Because some people are idiots about it? To avoid hurting some precious lil feelers? crazy

Buck up, troopers, and to turn the rhetoric around just because it amuses me, stop being snowflakes about this with your trigger words and micro-aggressions. It's no better than the wacky-pronoun gender-confused kids these days pitching fits about "whatever". Get over your preciousness.

Guess that's sort of pointed your direction but it's a more general statement. I'm just aiming at you 'cause you aimed at me.

Peace out.

Originally Posted by smokepole
Would you be busting on that if I'd said there was lots of IPA trading up there? Doubt it.

Wrong. I don't like to read about people drinking in hunt camp either. Not that I'm against drinking, it's just not one of the things I'd dwell on if I was writing a post about a hunt. It sends the wrong message and it's not what hunting is about. At least for me.

Say what you want about alcohol vs cannabis, the fact is alcohol has been an accepted part of our culture for millennia and weed still is not. Moderate alcohol use is not offensive to most but weed is offensive to many. So your post is offensive to many and yes, I get that you don't give a sh** and I think that's sad.

Just like you don't give a sh** about those horns, I get that too. But as you can see, many do so your posting that photo is just another example of sh**-stirring and attention whoring. Congratulations. "Stick it to the man." We are not "the man."

SP, your points are duly noted. Looking back it looks like I aimed my diatribe at you- I hadn't meant to. But consider this. Would you be busting on that if I'd said there was lots of IPA trading up there? Doubt it. In my personal experience in terms of, well, EVERYTHING alcohol is far more damaging than weed. You're a smart and reasonable guy; you see the hypocrisies there. If I'm on the leading edge of opening folks minds on this here then so be it. Getting hated on comes with that territory. I can take it. Anyway, you'll be seeing this behavior in a whole lot more hunting camps. Like it or don't; it's here. As I said it surprised the heck out of me. Camo'd up redneck-lookin dudes kept whilping it out. Weird and a little shocking- that's granted. Also a plain fact and IMHO in the big picture a good thing. Time will tell.

Out.

Last edited by Jeff_O; 08/20/17.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Page 15 of 23 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

494 members (06hunter59, 1OntarioJim, 1minute, 2500HD, 1beaver_shooter, 280Ackleyrized, 59 invisible), 2,152 guests, and 1,161 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,270
Posts18,504,984
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.