-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 17 of 23 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 22 23
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A medical pinner would be in order before the whacking.

Have Dog

Will Travel

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Just a second bro's, I gotta go check my head.....

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by T_Inman
.........recommended highly.

I see what happened here.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GregW
Unreal....

+1

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bellydeep
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
I hung it where I can check with binocs from the house. If that happens I'll just have to beat the critters to it. Or not. At the end of the day it's just a dang dead ungulate skull, not like its grandma's ashes or something. crazy

I really tried to stay out of this.

But you really are one dumbazz mofo.

Years worth of points for a tag. You shoot a buck you deem worthy. And then hang it up like that. Unreal.

Hard to believe... he would do anything else...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B2

Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Thanks much guys.

I was thinking he was pretty dinky, but at camp other hunters kept saying he was a pretty good buck. Who knew?!

Sammo, my plan for mounting it is as follows: hang the head from a tree way out in my woods and let Sasquatch and bugs clean it up this winter. What could go wrong <grin>?

Just about everything. A better way (among many) is to simply put the head in a trash bag for a few days to let the horns loosen. Cut around the base to help them separate from the hide if necessary but they should slide off after a few days.

In the meantime, skin and deflesh the head as much as possible. Remove eyes, ears, tongue, and every scrape of meat that you can. Then put it in a bucket of water, put a lid on it, and forget about it for 1-4 months. Removed and power wash at the local carwash. You can resoak with some detergent to remove any oils from the bone but usually not necessary. Just dry and slide the horns back on - you may need some paper towels to help the bone spurs grip the horns properly.

Simple.

Welp.

Touching base to say boy were Leroy & Jordan and others right, and boy was my "plan" wrong. smile

Looked out there with my binocs this morning and it'd ALREADY slipped the horn it was hanging from! D'oh. Went out and retrieved the stinky [bleep] and will proceed more or less according to Mr. Beans' suggestions. Thanks again guys.

Please put some Borax in the horns. They will stink less. Keep them out of the sun too. 20 Mule Team will work fine.

Thanks. Will do.

The head-in-a-bag is having quite the little maggot party out there on the shop's back porch.

Some of y'all need to relax. May I suggest........... never mind. grin

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Ooooh, "snowflake" has traction as a pejorative. This has potential! grin

If the shoe fits............... preciousness ain't confined to the Left...... wink

Sammo don't you dare go near the stuff. It'll screw up your thought-process thingies. I forget what they are called. The brilliant and lucid minds of the Campfire say so, and they are always right about everything. Just ask 'em. BEWARE THE WEED!

I think you'll be ok with the whacking off. That's some tried-and-true All-American bidness, right there. Whack with impunity young man. Just not in the gun safe.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
If nothing else, you're definitely precious.

Clark

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
irfubar/rosco:

You were right, I was wrong. I apologize.

Next time you see me sticking up for JeffO, please tell me to STFU. And then just go ahead and kick me square in the ass.

Get a running start, line up and take turns, whatever it takes.

If that doesn't work then paste up a link to this thread.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No worries Smoke. smile

PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

IC B3

Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Glad you got that off your chest, SP.

As The Campfire Turns.... lol.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Whatever Jeff. I do find it ironic that the one person most responsible for the sh**t-fest that is this thread would toss off a comment such as that.

As the campfire turns, indeed. Especially the threads you start and seem to enjoy nurturing to full-blown "as the campfire turns" epic status.

Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I do take perverse pleasure out of watching guys act stupid and am not opposed to enabling same. Word to the wise. wink

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
we show up with coolers full of ice, and empty coolers, hunting in Wyoming in October. Shoot our animals prone or off sticks and butcher right away. bring gloves, don't gut them, skin them head first to the butt and roll the hide off them with gloves on, then switch to a new gloves or bare hands to take the meat off the bones. we toss it on a tarp on a table for a few minutes to let it cool, then in a cooler with ice. the bucks can have a stinky hide and we don't want that getting on the meat. We have killed a pile of them since 2010. Our shots have been from 80 to 535 yards. Id say be ready in the 400 yard range. they often seem to run out a ways and stop and look back. fatal mistake typically if you can shoot into the 400 yard areas.

Salmonhead
Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Interesting method! So you never gut them?

Everyone says keep the hair off the meat, and man did I try, but those belly hairs in particular made a monkey out of me. I was able to give the meat a good rinse back at camp, and there wasn't a LOT of hair on it. But it's like it was magnetically attracted to the meat and it'd break off then fly like little feathers in the breeze. smile

I'm already pitching my guys on a Wyoming trip with some of those B tags irfubar mentioned. And some longer range shooting from prone would, let's just say, make me happy.

Thanks for the good info salmon!

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by smokepole
Whatever Jeff. I do find it ironic that the one person most responsible for the sh**t-fest that is this thread would toss off a comment such as that.

As the campfire turns, indeed. Especially the threads you start and seem to enjoy nurturing to full-blown "as the campfire turns" epic status.

I think you are about as wrong as can be when you claim Jeff-O is responsible for what you call a "sh**t-fest". My own opinion is the people responding to his posts are more responsible.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The B tags are a Montana deer and elk thing, not a Wyoming antelope thing.

It is true that a guy can get several doe/fawn tags (they're generally referred to as type 6 or type 7 tags in Wyoming) but you have to be careful. Wyoming has some pretty confusing regs. Quite often the type 6 or 7 tags have restrictions like being limited to private land, within a certain drainage, between non-normal specific dates, etc. You can also get an extra either sex tag, but generally those tags are leftovers for the east side of the state where public land is much more limited.

I'll stay out of the poo flinging, and just offer that bit of info.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Tags paid for with disability checks.

PTSD.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
Originally Posted by smokepole

I think you are about as wrong as can be when you claim Jeff-O is responsible for what you call a "sh**t-fest". My own opinion is the people responding to his posts are more responsible.

With all due respect, you are delusional...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by T_Inman

I'll stay out of the poo flinging, and just offer that bit of info.

Eat shít and die, you transgender muffin slapper.......

Have Dog

Will Travel

Page 17 of 23 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

457 members (2500HD, 1OntarioJim, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 260madman, 1234, 46 invisible), 2,203 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,267
Posts18,504,924
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.