Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Just read the President's comments on the recent (today) changes to immigration and the elimination of DACA. Extremely well-said, and nothing but the truth!

Putting U.S. Citizens first!

Mike

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
IMHO, he should have never been put in the position of having to make a decision on DACA or any other immigration related matter....congress has been kicking this can down the road since Reagan last granted amnesty...it's about time we had a president that's gonna force congress to do their job....I just seen Graham and some Dem. Sen. on TV boasting they'd have "DACA" legislation ready by the end of the month....I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but what I got out of the press briefing was that the President isn't interested in piece meal legislation....comprehensive or nothing... cool

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yup that was Durbin.

In addition, to DACA reform Trump is looking for a full on comprehensive package to include his wall and comprehensive immigration control. Sanders made that clear in her earlier presser.

Game on!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Now is the time to get it done. Both parties are under pressure to find a way to let these kids stay in their homes, the only ones most have ever known. We can swing some Latino votes by passing legislation to let them stay and become citizens eventually. This doesn't mean we will allow or welcome more, just make these kids legal. They're not going anywhere. We need to be pragmatic and realize that they have ways of using the system for the next 20-40 years by demanding individual hearings.

With this pressure comes opportunity to enact COMPREHENSIVE immigration reform, to include elimination of all the loopholes and hearings the illegals and their attorneys use.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
MAGA

MAGA
IC B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Personally, I believe they should go back to their home country, WITH their parents.
If they are allowed to stay, they shouldn't be allowed to become citizens, nor should they have the right to vote.

Consequences of their parents actions, which were illegal from the beginning.

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No amnesty, no anchor babies, property confiscated to pay for the trip home.
They broke the law coming here so no quarter should be given.
In fact, hefty fines should be imposed.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by keith_dunlap
Personally, I believe they should go back to their home country, WITH their parents.
If they are allowed to stay, they shouldn't be allowed to become citizens, nor should they have the right to vote.

Consequences of their parents actions, which were illegal from the beginning.

Yup, concur completely. Their arrogance and militance demanding to stay should also be taken into account.

Originally Posted by 700LH

I could go there pretty easily, too.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ratsmacker

I know that is extreme to a degree, but if you truly want illegal immigration stopped, and not just played in the political theatre, drastic measures need to be taken.
Maybe a few months for them sell out and leave on their own, the bottom line has to be your gone if your not legal or it will never end.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
As part of comprehensive immigration reform, I'd like to see congress change the law so that we don't have anchor babies anymore. Should never been allowed for an illegal to have a baby and that baby becomes a citizen. The baby becomes a citizen, then the parents (who are illegal) get to stay because it would be wrong to break up the family.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
They've got to be nervous in Texas, I saw they have 450k illegals...that's insane.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Obongo allowed them to legally enter the US with his Executive Order. Now that they and their relatives are here (legally) I can't hardly see Trump just throwing them out. I agree we need to use this fiasco to our advantage and push for strict immigration laws which includes a big, beautiful border wall!

No citizenship for any of them though. We don't need anymore democratic voters.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ratsmacker

I know that is extreme to a degree, but if you truly want illegal immigration stopped, and not just played in the political theatre, drastic measures need to be taken.
Maybe a few months for them sell out and leave on their own, the bottom line has to be your gone if your not legal or it will never end.

Fact is they were brought here under existing immigration laws that allows them hearings and some form of process. It will cost us far more to have them go through all the hearings and appeals they now have a right to, since they are grandfathered under the laws at the time they showed up than any net gain for American workers. This is going to cost us all billions in bureaucrat salaries and legal fees.

As much as I would like to see all illegals sent back to their country of origin, I don't see how it could be managed. The LAW gave them rights, and we're a nation of laws, good or bad.

Get rid of anchor babies and allowing any relatives in on that basis in the future, but make the best of what we're stuck with.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Anchor babies....
Born here means you're a citizen. That's the Constitution. I believe in our Constitution and will not argue it until changed.
Parents of a citizen ARE NOT citizens. It is not our Constitution breaking up families, it would be the illegal parents choice of leaving the kids here while they are deported. Kick the illegals out and let them choose if they want to take the chillins with them. That may be hard and cold to some but it's our laws and they should be upheld until changed.

The left likes to pick and choose laws to there benefit. Some on the right choose to do the same. I say follow the law until it is changed. The Constitution allows exemptions for extreme situations such as pardons by State Govs and POTUS. Like it, live it or leave it.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Obongo allowed them to legally enter the US with his Executive Order. Now that they and their relatives are here (legally) I can't hardly see Trump just throwing them out. I agree we need to use this fiasco to our advantage and push for strict immigration laws which includes a big, beautiful border wall!

No citizenship for any of them though. We don't need anymore democratic voters.

In US by 2007 and continuous residency to be considered for DACA status, which was actually before Onumbnuts Presidency. Which really doesn't mean a whole lot since the Damn EO was unconstitutional anyway.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
This whole issue os a pile of manure. I saw on TV where a DACA youth said he was very angry at the thought of being deported. Well, he's not here legally and he should be very angry, but his anger should be directed at the persons (parents, I presume) who brought him here illegally.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
the issue is these DACA kids - when we deport them are we going to separate them from their families?

You'd be hard pressed to find more than a handful of congress critters willing to stand up and say ship them back to Mexico by themselves.

I personally think Trump is doing this because he knows congress is going to do a Hail Mary to protect these kids.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If I steal a car, how long until I get to keep it?

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by White_Bear
Anchor babies....
Born here means you're a citizen. That's the Constitution. I believe in our Constitution and will not argue it until changed.
Parents of a citizen ARE NOT citizens. It is not our Constitution breaking up families, it would be the illegal parents choice of leaving the kids here while they are deported. Kick the illegals out and let them choose if they want to take the chillins with them. That may be hard and cold to some but it's our laws and they should be upheld until changed.

The left likes to pick and choose laws to there benefit. Some on the right choose to do the same. I say follow the law until it is changed. The Constitution allows exemptions for extreme situations such as pardons by State Govs and POTUS. Like it, live it or leave it.

I can't recite all of the specifics but Mark Levin covered this in detail and it is one of the most KNOWN things by all pf us that is a MYTH. I too believed that but it isn't the case. I'm sure someone could explain it like Levin did or find it to listen.

Originally Posted By: slumlord

people that text all day get on my nerves

just knowing that people are out there with that ability,....just makes me wanna punch myself in the balls
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by White_Bear
Anchor babies....

Absolutely not the case. It was an activist court who purposefully misinterpreted the Fourteenth Amendment as you describe. The Fourteenth Amendment says that only those born here, who are "subject to the jurisdiction" of the state wherein they were born are citizens of the United States. As this was understood at the time of its framing, it refers to people only who are not already citizens of another nation. Children of (for example) parents who are Mexican nationals are themselves also Mexican nationals, and are thus not subject (in this sense) to the jurisdiction of the state (within the US) wherein they were born, and are thus not citizens by birthright of the United States.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (1badf350, 10Glocks, 160user, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1234, 54 invisible), 2,208 guests, and 1,191 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,361
Posts18,506,347
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.