Hop To
Page 4 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 17 18
T LEE Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Terry. if you came out here - "The Warden" would offer hots and cots! smile

Never been a hurricane in northern NM, that I can recollect - and very few tornadoes! smile

Please be safe.

We spent a year in Taos, loved NM but the draw of family was too strong for the wife. It was a "swap"job with the Indian health service and she decided to turn down the offer of permanent employment with the Taos Picures hospital.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jose is coming in behind Irma.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Prayers and good hopes for all y'all in Fla. having just come thru Harvey, I have a new appreciation for what may be coming. Keep us posted, guys.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
I live in Naples and it could get real ugly.

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
My son and daughter-in-law are in Deltona. Only 24 FLAT miles from the coast. Told them they shoulda took some of these mountains with them.

IC B2

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dang this one appears to be coming fast, hard and furious with Jose closely behind.

I sincerely pray with great conviction that all who live in and around our coastal areas are spared from any further devastation.

Further, I believe God is not happy with some of us and these are reminders of who's in control.

Heed the message! Godspeed and stay safe!!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Jose is coming in behind Irma.

that one will turn North into the Atlantic

Sam......

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
This storm is a monster. The damage it will do to the island nations in its path and, ultimately, Florida is biblical. Let's hope this bitch dies down or misses completely in the coming days. Many people will die if not.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Supposed to leave Saturday for a week in Destin!! Impeccable timing th wifey and I have:D

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
They're all dangerous. But over the last few years, I've gotten really tired of dealing with hurricanes. I'm always prepped and provisioned. It's not just that. Wilma kicked our ass after Katrina. It ran up on the other side of the state into the Gulf and took a swipe at MX, and then proceeded to blow down trees all the way across the Everglades before it beat us up here.

Been through so damn many of these things I don't readily remember their names any more. 49 years in FL. Maybe it's time to go. In the meantime, still have to finish up the rest of the hurricane shutters. Was putting them up in the dark until 9:30. Still have to get everything inside, too, like grills and chairs and tables and all the other stuff outside.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Unless you are working on the sea, a bartender, or whore, why would you live on a coast?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have many good friends in the West indies, they are getting pounded Cat 5 - 180 mph winds...no basements or low ground to hide there.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
its part of life living on the coast, i wouldn't live anywhere else,

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Terry
Hate to say it but I bet we could find posts from you saying this exact thing about getting the Hell out after every storm you have weathered...

wink

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Stupid question for those on the coast.
I see and hear of plywood and shutters.
What do you attach them to? Do your
homes have some kind of anchor points?
Or do you have to have wood trim that you
just screw into? Just wondering how that is
done, without ugly hardware on the house, or
ruining the trim.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Stupid question for those on the coast.
I see and hear of plywood and shutters.
What do you attach them to? Do your
homes have some kind of anchor points?
Or do you have to have wood trim that you
just screw into? Just wondering how that is
done, without ugly hardware on the house, or
ruining the trim.

I've seen plywood and shutters installed about every way you can imagine. Most of the shutter systems have tracks or stainless fasteners permanently installed. Plywood is typically screwed to wood trim or brick mould. The funniest is plywood screwed to Dryvit (styrofoam). If it manages to make it thru a storm, the holes left behind continually leak and cause serious damage down the road. The installations get worse the closer the storm gets.

I don't know about Texas and Louisiana, but the rest of the Gulf Coast now requires impact glass on new construction and remodels. No need for plywood or shutters.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Zerk
Unless you are working on the sea, a bartender, or whore, why would you live on a coast?

You makes a convincing argument to move to the coast.....

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
My Shutters are metal and roll down. The housing they are in just looks like part of the trim. I have couple that are manual but most are electric. They have a manual override so you can lower or raise with a hand crank. Some have metal slats that go into a rail on the bottom and top edge of the window. They put studs into the stuco to secure the rails. They remove everything but the studs when not in use. They paint right over the studs so you cant really see them. Others use plywood and just screw it into the house. I also have addition supports for my garage door. There are many different types of decorative shutters you can get on hinges that just close as well. Believe me if you ever through any huricanne you dont give rats rear what they look like you just want something.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by local_dirt
They're all dangerous. But over the last few years, I've gotten really tired of dealing with hurricanes. I'm always prepped and provisioned. It's not just that. Wilma kicked our ass after Katrina. It ran up on the other side of the state into the Gulf and took a swipe at MX, and then proceeded to blow down trees all the way across the Everglades before it beat us up here.

Been through so damn many of these things I don't readily remember their names any more. 49 years in FL. Maybe it's time to go. In the meantime, still have to finish up the rest of the hurricane shutters. Was putting them up in the dark until 9:30. Still have to get everything inside, too, like grills and chairs and tables and all the other stuff outside.

49 years? Another new comer immigrant. lol I still remember living in Largo back in the late forties. A hurricane came through. I wandered out of the house, and into the yard. The wind picked me up and carried me a couple of blocks. I was like three at the time. Boy were my 'rents pizzed off once they found me. smile

Sam......

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Just got turned on to this link. Move the map to get a good look at Irma.
https://www.windy.com

Page 4 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 222Sako, 62 invisible), 2,638 guests, and 1,233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,930
Posts18,498,641
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.