Hop To
Page 8 of 18 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 17 18
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Irma. I fart in her general direction.

Yeah, but the taunt the second time around will be named Jose...

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Jose Canusee? Non-starter.........

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by jaguartx

drain the islands of humanity. convert the said islands to natural resources, such as forests, wildlands, beaches, and nature preserves? have we waited too long to accomplish such beneficial goals? abandoning islands that are no longer safe for human habitation is not a heresy of some kind, type, sort or another is it?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Good. That'll push her back out in the Atlantic. grin

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Gus

drain the islands of humanity. convert the said islands to natural resources, such as forests, wildlands, beaches, and nature preserves? have we waited too long to accomplish such beneficial goals? abandoning islands that are no longer safe for human habitation is not a heresy of some kind, type, sort or another is it?

That would make them immigrants looking for a new home, probably New York.

IC B2

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Originally Posted by Gus

maybe, even likely? moving humans off the islands, and converting the said islands to natural areas is not something that has been spoken about outside some closed circles for some time. but, w/massive hurricanes that might be threatening the mainlands, then perhaps it'd be good to talk about possibilities?

easily, for the next decade or so, everything might be pretty much status quo? that is, if the sun doesn't reverberate with a lot of "sunspots" then we humans down here on the earth are pretty much free to commute to work, pay taxes, and enjoy life?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I have an order of fingerlings that was supposed to go there today. Unreal.

The Dutch half of the island seems to have fared a bit better. Perhaps their affinity for brick and concrete finally paid off.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hanco
Best run like hell!

As soon as the westward shift became clear we knew what we had to do and bugged out at 10 PM yesterday. Drove north until 1 PM today. Traffic was heavy but moved. We were very lucky to find some gas in northern Florida on the way up. Seemed like every car on the road had Florida Tags. I-95 traffic finally thinned out north of the I-26 exit.

We are now praying for those who stayed behind and hoping we have something to go back to.

I'm better when I move.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Originally Posted by Gus

maybe, even likely? moving humans off the islands, and converting the said islands to natural areas is not something that has been spoken about outside some closed circles for some time. but, w/massive hurricanes that might be threatening the mainlands, then perhaps it'd be good to talk about possibilities?

easily, for the next decade or so, everything might be pretty much status quo? that is, if the sun doesn't reverberate with a lot of "sunspots" then we humans down here on the earth are pretty much free to commute to work, pay taxes, and enjoy life?

There isn't a place in the world that isn't subject to: hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, droughts, earthquakes, tsunamis, volcanic eruptions, wild fires, plagues, ice ages, etc., etc., and if those don't get you there's probably a gun or knife toting gang banger, terrorist, or madman to do you in.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by FlaRick
Originally Posted by hanco
Best run like hell!

As soon as the westward shift became clear we knew what we had to do and bugged out at 10 PM yesterday. Drove north until 1 PM today. Traffic was heavy but moved. We were very lucky to find some gas in northern Florida on the way up. Seemed like every car on the road had Florida Tags. I-95 traffic finally thinned out north of the I-26 exit.

We are now praying for those who stayed behind and hoping we have something to go back to.

Hopefully, you didn't get off on 26. That's the ultimate interstate from hell!!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Now it's through the Keys and landing on the peninsula around Naples? Sweet Jesus

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Now it's through the Keys and landing on the peninsula around Naples? Sweet Jesus

jesus might choose to save you, if you're worthy? if not, kiss your good arse good bye. and so mote it be.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That's where it's tracking, the eye is ~1/3 of the up the N shore of Cuba.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
If it would cross onto Cuba's mainland, the mountains and dry air would steal much of it's power before it hit Florida,,,not good for Cuba, but much better for our citizens.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

but if you DO need to leave your place, call me Dan. I have room here in Gainesville

Sam......

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

What am I missing here? Pretty sure there some sarcasm in there. Or maybe we are talking projected models here?

Long week and I'm whipped. Might be a very early bedtime tonight!! smile

Last edited by byc; 09/08/17.

Go Nats!!!!

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I believe The FOX News reporter Steve Herrigan on the ground just summed it up best. 5.6M Floridians have been asked to leave their homes with 2 only routes out. And the unknown has been the challenge. Granted the smart got out early but many remained to assist with the needs of others.

With the shortage of fuel and shelter up the road versus knowing what's coming remaining folks are scared to stay and equally scared to leave. What a dilemma to be faced with.

Go Nats!!!!

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by byc

What am I missing here? Pretty sure there some sarcasm in there.

I don't get sarcasm at all. Every degree west it moves before turning due North and making landfall means more land subject to the NE quadrant, which is the most destructive.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Originally Posted by byc

What am I missing here? Pretty sure there some sarcasm in there.

I don't get sarcasm at all. Every degree west it moves before turning due North and making landfall means more land subject to the NE quadrant, which is the most destructive.

Ed

If the track holds true, the eye will pass over my house! After the storm, I'll let you guys know how things went....whenever FPL gets the power turned back on. lol

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Think I misunderstood as I thought what Scott was providing was a realtime update and I wondered WTH I had been.

Guessing now he may have been referring to projected models.

Last edited by byc; 09/08/17.

Go Nats!!!!

Page 8 of 18 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (007FJ, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 43 invisible), 2,307 guests, and 1,158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,643
Posts18,493,304
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.