Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kellory

It is up to the fueding parties to supply thier own weapons. First pair decided by coin flip. Second pair by the remaining opponent if a second volley is required to satisfy honor. No rifled barrels are allowed, no double loads, and ALL weapons are to be inspected by both parties seconds.

Yes, but if we're going to be seconds-at-large, I think we should be a full-service VAR. Not everyone is going to have a set of dueling pistols. We provide a selection and then bill for the rental (up front of course). I'm just thinking that most guys are not going to be familiar and adept with the conventional smoothbores pistols. How about a matched set of Contenders with smoothbore 45/.410 barrels? We could even pack the 45 brass with BP. Lots of smoke, just like the old days. Dole out one round apiece. We just need to add in a surgeon to check for a pulse and administer first aid. We'll cut him in for half-shares of the profit. Know any alcoholic ex-cruise ship doctors?

I'm thinking that if we promote this right, it may be one heck of a side business. Why, the traffic from the 24hourcampfire alone would keep us fat.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by shaman
I think this really is getting out of hand. Y'all need to be doing this right:

The Code of Honor

Appoint seconds and get it done like men.

VarmintGuy: Observe Chapter I's admonitions to the Insulted. You've broken nearly every rule so far. This now puts your aggravator in a position of advantage over you. This is also probably why you're getting such derision from your peers. Beyond just being a handbook for dueling, the point of The Code of Honor is to keep gentlemen from making fools of themselves and hazarding needless bloodshed.

CHAPTER I. The Person Insulted, Before Challenge Sent

1. Whenever you believe that you are insulted, if the insult be in public and by words or behavior, never resent it there, if you have self-command enough to avoid noticing it. If resented there, you offer an indignity to the company, which you should not.

2. If the insult be by blows or any personal indignity, it may be resented at the moment, for the insult to the company did not originate with you. But although resented at the moment, you are bound still to have satisfaction, and must therefore make the demand.

3. When you believe yourself aggrieved, be silent on the subject, speak to no one about the matter, and see your friend, who is to act for you, as soon as possible.

4. Never send a challenge in the first instance, for that precludes all negotiation. Let your note be in the language of a gentleman, and let the subject matter of complaint be truly and fairly set forth, cautiously avoiding attributing to the adverse party any improper motive.

5. When your second is in full possession of the facts, leave the whole matter to his judgment, and avoid any consultation with him unless he seeks it. He has the custody of your honor, and by obeying him you cannot be compromitted.

6. Let the time of demand upon your adversary after the insult, be as short as possible, for he has the right to double that time in replying to you, unless you give him some good reason for your delay. Each party is entitled to reasonable time, to make the necessary domestic arrangements, by will or otherwise, before fighting.

7. To a written communication you are entitled to a written reply, and it is the business of your friend to require it.

This place is so educational! I learned another new word - "compromitted". Now, if I could just find a definition....

VG - you're looking at this all wrong. Fubarski's disbelief is just confirmation of the awesomeness of your experience. Him calling you a liar is just icing on the cake. laugh

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Use fish it's the manly way to settle a dispute!

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This really offends me.

My feelings are hurt.

Ahhhhhhhhhh. cry

Originally Posted by okie
Its still alive and well Dan !!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I miss the old days......when someone called you a liar and you could just knock his teeth down his throat.

While the internet has allowed us to talk to a much larger group of people it has not afforded us nearly as much politeness as a good old fashioned bar fight.

Too bad really.

Yep, back when men were men....the internet has allowed free wheeling schmucks to say anything they want,,with no fear of retribution. It happens everyday, all day here...calling names, insulting peoples reputations, throwing stupid/dumb around like please/thank you.

Quite a few members here need punched in the mouth, maybe we should start a thread "If you could punch 1 member in the face, who would it be ?"

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As the campfire turns.....

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I've seen Cobras too..... The most memorable was back in '66 owned by a hot chick who regularly drag raced on Erie Blvd in Syracuse. She had a bumper sticker that read "If you can Beat me, You can Eat me!"

No pictures, sorry. So call me a liar too! smile

-=[Bob]=-
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I certainly hope you tried. I know I would have!! wink

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I especially like it here when folks post here that everyone whom posts here are no damned good!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by byc
I certainly hope you tried. I know I would have!! wink

Well with my '58 TR3A, engine bored out from 121.5 to 150 cubes and fitted with Weber sidedrafts instead of the stock SUs, I didn't stand a chance. smile LOL

-=[Bob]=-
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Sadly several days ago a character that posts on this site with screen name "fubarski" chose to respond to one of my posts relaying a very interesting experience I had, by calling me a liar - repeatedly!
Then without an ounce of evidence to base his mean spirited and erroneous claims of my "dishonesty" he kept up - trying repeatedly to disparage me for some unknown reason.
My posting was not aimed at him in any way shape or form.
Why fubarski chose to respond in a deceitful erroneous and mean spirited way to my innocent posting is beyond me?
I reiterated to fubarski that the incident I relayed to all on this site was indeed true and had actually happened.
I publicly asked for fubarski to apologize, he would not - then I began to present evidence proving him to be the liar - posting that evidence on the original posting I made.
Still he (it?) would NOT apologize!
I presented more and more and more irrefutable evidence that the experience I relayed actually occurred.
Still fubarski refused to apologize for his baseless attacks!
Sad this refusal - but evidence of a small and immature man.
Days ago I sent a private message on this forum to fubarski asking him to apologize either in private or in person - he has not done so.
My private message on this forum to fubarski included a time line ending today and a warning that I would advise all on this site of his immature, baseless, unwarranted and completely mean spirited behavior (lying!) if he did not apologize!
The deadline has passed and fubarski has NOT apologized in private or in person and I choose now to alert all that fubarski is indeed a liar, is immature and a small, mean spirited man indeed!
Be careful/cautious when dealing or communicating with this now proven liar, immature and small man!
Sad that this member of the Campfire chose to conduct himself in this irresponsible and deceitful manner!
I refuse to allow anyone to attack me without reason or provocation or to do so in the form of LIES - especially when I am trying to share an unusually enjoyable and rare experience with all.
fubarski (known from now on as "lying fubarski") my advice to you AGAIN is to man up, apologize for your behavior and lies.
And be forewarned, I will NOT let you get away with calling ME or anyone else on this forum a liar without proof or reason!
I hope you have learned a lesson there, lying fubarski, and choose to temper your ways and engage only in truthful utterances and postings from this day forth.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Kids....this is your brain on Prestone

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

It's especially entertaining to see a call-out thread titled..."Call Out".

Kind of like saying I need to clean my firearm gun-rifle.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
But how bout them Seahags.....

FJB & FJT
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Yeah! Book this thread as dynastical!

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ironbender
Yeah! Book this thread as dynastical!

Isn't that some sort of engine testing?

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Body part. ;0

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
New words...I'm getting New Words
Book it!

FJB & FJT
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I miss the old days......when someone called you a liar and you could just knock his teeth down his throat.

While the internet has allowed us to talk to a much larger group of people it has not afforded us nearly as much politeness as a good old fashioned bar fight.

Too bad really.

Yep, back when men were men....the internet has allowed free wheeling schmucks to say anything they want,,with no fear of retribution. It happens everyday, all day here...calling names, insulting peoples reputations, throwing stupid/dumb around like please/thank you.

Quite a few members here need punched in the mouth, maybe we should start a thread "If you could punch 1 member in the face, who would it be ?"

Well, not really.

I have yet to see more than a couple of comments that would have resulted in a smack at the Mint.

Real life relies on the court of public perception.

If one guy at the bar is really super duper offended, then he is sorta out of luck.

If you offend the whole bar.......VERY unlikely, than you might have grounds for a little gravel scratching.

I would say that this place does a pretty good job of policing itself. For as many people who hurl insults freely on here that would not in real life, there are as many who declare butt hurt that would never dream about speaking up about it in real life.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ironbender
Body part. ;0

Probably located right next to a person's Venables.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I see at one point you called him "buttfubarski".

Probably hurt his feelings with your word wizardry.

Not likely to get your much sought after apology after little episode.

Brutal...

Black Cows Matter!
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

104 members (7mm_Loco, 300_savage, 2500HD, 1973cb450, 338reddog, 18 invisible), 1,658 guests, and 1,016 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,623
Posts18,474,053
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.