Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not watching now,
just wanted to see
what the sumbritches
would do.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I agree with the premis that they will no longer play the national anthem. It is not a requirement.

Or the teams will simply stay in the locker room during the Anthem.

Either way, or allowing the players to diss the Flag and Anthem, will end my viewing of NFL, or knowingly buying any product endorsed by any NFL player, whether or not they are a racist protestor. Fug 'em all.

This chit is racism, pure and simple. And highly inappropriate in the workplace.

Last edited by las; 09/25/17.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I didn't see the opening of the Packers game this weekend, but in the past, the Packers have had no part of this kneeling to disrespect the flag/anthem crap.

As a lifelong Packer fan, I was hoping they would all stand. But I saw the game, and 3 players sat on their assses. Bennett, Kendricks, and King.
So even they have 3 pieces of schit.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WYcoyote
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I didn't see the opening of the Packers game this weekend, but in the past, the Packers have had no part of this kneeling to disrespect the flag/anthem crap.

As a lifelong Packer fan, I was hoping they would all stand. But I saw the game, and 3 players sat on their assses. Bennett, Kendricks, and King.
So even they have 3 pieces of schit.

Yup, and the Packers President came out strong against Trump.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Sign every petition you can find, and send a note to the players association at "connectnflpa.com"

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by bigfish9684
I turned off the kNeelers Football League yesterday. I was thinking if they'd address this anthem situation I'd come back. Then I got to thinking even if the NFL somehow forces the players to stand for the anthem, would I go back to watching games knowing that some of the players are only standing because they'll be fined/fired/whatever if they don't get off their asses?

Honestly, I don't know if I want to go back knowing they're only standing because they're essentially forced to do so.

I think the contracts should say "You will stand for the national anthem or you will not play that day and you will be fined $100,000." It's like Marshawn Lynch and getting fined $50k for not attending press conferences and speaking. He showed up and he "talked."

I think the NFL will keep doubling down on stupid for another 1-2 months until they're really taking it in the shorts in terms of revenue. Then they'll come up with a policy that players will stand for the anthem or they'll hit the players financially. I'm not sure I'll come back even once they fix this because it will ONLY be fixed for financial reasons. We'll see.

And yes, we needed another thread on it.

This is what they can do:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017...ally-fire-players-for-their-conduct.html

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
O
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
O
I grew up near Detroit, so I never had a team to follow and couldn't possibly care less about the NFL. Never watched but won't start now. I just think that those players ought to show some appreciation for the country that allows them to be millionaires for playing a game. I'm a vet and don't feel disrespected by what they do, but I do think they are being asinine. There are many places in the world where the crap they are protesting is much more common than here, and is expected and condoned. If they truly wanted to make a statement, They should quit their job and go do something about those things where there is real risk in doing so.

Rant off, old70

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Watching D-Day to Victory on AHC.

I'll get along fine.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bigfish9684
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
I don't think the NFL can legally force players to stand/show reverence during the national anthem...the players union would have a chiit fit.

If you don't want to show respect for the anthem(American or Canadian born), then get the fugg out and flip burgers somewhere.

PS: I can't believe we even have to discuss this issue, it's common sense and unpatriotic to do anything disrespectful towards our flag, country, or President (see Kathy Griffith).

Uh, hello Mr. Retroactive. Maybe you can retroactively tell me where someone said players can be legally forced to stand for the anthem?

You can't, because no one said anything about "legally." The NFL can have the contracts written so that the players essentially MUST stand or face hefty fines or firing or benching. I guess you could argue that would be a "legal" method to force their asses off the bench but there's no law anywhere that says anyone has to stand for the anthem... retroactive or otherwise.

Fish,
Someday when you grow up maybe you'll learn to be civil, instead you're a lonely bitter azzhole reaching out for attention with your self righteous know-it all babble....your childish preaching, and reading the riot act constantly is monotonous at best....you need punched in the face, a long time ago.

Blow me Baldy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I love the game. Absolutely love it. Couldn't stop watching since I was 8. But after what I saw this past weekend I shut off my tv for the first time ever. I was so angry I was shaking.

I want the NFL, it's players and it's owners to feel some of the same pain some of us have felt.

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
If I need to watch some football I will watch a high school game on Fridays.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Lets see what, if anything happens to ratings next week.

That will be the tell.

The NFL Ratings Are in After Day of Mass Anthem Protests...

Following President Donald Trump's aggressive comments Friday night during a rally about those who chose to “disrespect the flag,” more NFL players than ever protested the national anthem on Sunday before their games. But there was only one victim at the end of the day: the NFL.

Now, after hundreds of NFL players protested the national anthem on Sunday, the NFL is reporting the lowest ratings they've seen all season. Deadline reports:

In metered market numbers, the primetime match-up between the 27-10 winning Washington Redskins and the Oakland Raiders snared an 11.6/20.

The worst Sunday Night Football has performed this season so far, that’s an 8% dip from the early numbers of last week’s Atlanta Falcon’s 34-23 win over the Green Bay Packers. Gaining cheers and boos from fans at FedEx Field in Maryland last night, the third week of SNF for the 2017-2018 season declined 10% from early numbers of the comparable game of last year on September 25, 2016.

Last night’s Sunday Night Football peaked with a 12.5/20 during the second quarter at 9 – 9:30 PM ET. Not that such a number can feel good to the NFL with ratings down double-digits this season so far after taking a similar tackle last year.

One Twitter user summed it up well:

Follow
Ryan Saavedra 🇺🇸 @RealSaavedra
1. Trump insults NFL
2. More players kneel
3. Ratings plummet
4. Trump mocks ratings
5. More players kneel
6. Ratings crash
7. Trump wins

The protests are expected to continue through Monday Night Football as the Dallas Cowboys face the Arizona Cardinals.

http://ijr.com/the-declaration/2017/09/982740-nfl-ratings-day-mass-anthem-protests/

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Trump was right. Players can be fired if they don't stand for the anthem.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017...ally-fire-players-for-their-conduct.html

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My wife loves it. I mowed the yard, stacked some firewood, pretended to clean the garage, took the girls to the store, and loaded some 45-70.

Life is good.

God Bless America.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I played rec football for 5 yrs as a teenager as I'm sure all these NFL guys did but before every game we stood up and held our hands over our hearts for the pledge same as we did in school every morning I didn't see anybody kneeling or hiding from it this was 15 -20 yrs ago what happened my team had blacks and whites we were taught to be a team to be brothers look out for each other when we won we were proud when we lost we put up a good fight and shook hands with the other team but every one of us stood up and pledged to that flag or we got our ass beat by our parents or kicked off the team by the coach

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I went and shot two rounds of skeet. Then went to "the Sanctuary" and we had a walleye fry and talked hunting and guns. Great day!

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I wonder if copper dick or what ever his name is has children and encourages them to do the same as he does when they say the pledge at school

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
$86 bucks for a [bleep] seat, $8 bucks for a [bleep] beer and $5 bucks for a [bleep] hot dog. And don’t forget parking - $50 bucks for a [bleep] spot that takes an hour to get out of thanks to [bleep] traffic control.

Yep, nobody ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the average American.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Getting rid of the anthem before games would be a coward's escape. So I also assume that will be their "answer."

Last edited by OutlawPatriot; 09/25/17.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Last year and so far this year the ratings have fallen 16%.

If they keep doing this crap they will one day see they just might have pissed off a lot of folks who watch them and have money to spend.

I think that that is the only thing that will make things right.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (160user, 1minute, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 59 invisible), 2,369 guests, and 1,317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,182
Posts18,503,266
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.