Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
The goal in all wolf re-introductions is to shut down big-game hunting. There is no other reason for it.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
The goal in all wolf re-introductions is to shut down big-game hunting. There is no other reason for it.

Of course

But will add all hunting on public land

The progressives want to turn us in Europe where only the super rich can hunt on their estates

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Years before the intro of wolves into the lower 48, I read an article from an anti-hunting magazine that said that their goal was to introduce predators to reduce big game numbers to unhuntable levels. At that time, they didn't have control of the Forest Svc and BLM like they do now. I thought it was all nonsense and tossed the article. I've regretted it every since because no one believes that it's been their goal since the beginning. It took them years to get their people in place in our government agencies but they're relentless and got it done. Now, here we are.
Their plan has backfired to some small extent in that a few states like Idaho now have wolves as another hunting target with grizzlies on the list for the future. They hadn't counted on that.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Wondering aloud: do liberals taste like chicken? Or the steaming pile of chit they are?

FJB & FJT
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It is pretty hard to know someone who truly follows SSS.

Unless they don't follow they last S. Which is the real way that people get caught.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
In most of Idaho's wolf country, the shovel isn't necessary. Just drag it downwind well off a trail and it's highly unlikely that it'll ever be found. The shut up part is very good idea although in most circles, talking about it will get you a standing ovation.

― George Orwell

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
They're putting collars on every wolf they can so that SSS is playing Russian roulette. Incidentally I know a guy that SSS and he was telling me that the way most guys get caught SSS is by their bootprints. When they walk up to see the wolf they leave their bootprints and a trail.

I'll start hunting in bare feet. 😁

I heard a rumor that a paunch shot won't generally kill them on the spot and will just pass through.

This is mostly limited to small town bar rooms and very rarely happens in the outdoors.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'd like to shoot one with a collar. I'd cut the head off, tie the collar to a raft of sticks, and toss it in the nearest river.

― George Orwell

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Hastings
The very best thing you can do if the police (Game Wardens, Feds, etc.) come asking questions is to politely say I am not going to make a statement. I am a retired game warden, and I know that if we were insistently asking questions we didn't have enough evidence. Most, but not all game wardens would have some sympathy with a hunter or livestock owner that shoots a wolf. Most people who get convicted wouldn't if everybody kept their mouth shut.

this

good reminder

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They're putting collars on every wolf they can so that SSS is playing Russian roulette. Incidentally I know a guy that SSS and he was telling me that the way most guys get caught SSS is by their bootprints. When they walk up to see the wolf they leave their bootprints and a trail.

Moccasins(sp) would be another way. Just saying. cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
What did the guy who got caught poisening wolves use - I have forgot - seems like he soaked hot-dogs in something ?

He was an Outfitter from Idaho maybe ?

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I hear that calcium carbide, put in gel caps, and stuffed in hot dogs! Then dropped from airplanes works in Alaska and Canada! Just rumor I have no actual experience. We have wolves around our area, and they are spreading to Northern California! They are on both sides of the Cascade Mountains! Two have met their demise and are under investigation at this time in our county! I believe these were found because only the first S was used. I'm hoping they all get S!

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
My take: Wolf reintroduction and other mis-guided "ecological" reintroductions link back to Aldo Leopold in the 40s and 50's and the development of what I term the philosophy of "ecological pseudo-science" in our universities. As it stands now, a mission of the USFW is to "Restore animal species and populations to what existed before the arriaval of Europeans". The basic philosophy behind this, whether concious or not, is that "WhIte Man is bad, the Noble Savage was good". This self-hating thought is rife in these circles and drives these programs. These aren't "science based" decisions, despite what we're told, they're decisions of an out of whack philosophy.
I suppose most here know that, but it's helpful to see where it came from and the foundation behind it all.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seems there was some thought of bring 50 or 60 brown bears into the north central Cascades as well.

1Minute
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Lonny
Originally Posted by deflave

Come on dude.

Travis

"The guy" might be BS'ing you just a bit with that tale....

Wolves have gotten a lot of press since they were released in these parts 20 plus years ago. I've never heard of anyone getting caught doing the SSS thing.

Way most get caught is not abiding by the third "S".... SHUT UP

I know for a fact in Michigan they will spend a lot of time and money investigating wolf deaths...there has been several people caught one a friend of my wife's cousin was fined $10,000 and lost his hunting privileges for 2 years for shooting a wolf that hamstrung a mare of his...

Over the past 10 years I've caught 15 wolves in traps and snares even caught 3 in one night all were released except one that was dead in a snare....I put a Incidental Kill Tag on it and took it to the nearest DNR office.... had everybody in the building in the parking lot looking at a dead wolf one officer wanted to arrest me impound my car because I didn't have them come to the kill site...I took a dozen pictures where the wolf was caught .....told him in the trapping rules a Incidental Tag must immediately put on the animal and transported openly to nearest DNR....a Sergeant took me into his office told me I did everything according to the law measured the snare to make sure it was legal checked my license....he told me the FWS keeps pressure on the DNR to investigate all wolf kills.....

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

253 members (10gaugemag, 338rcm, 160user, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 10Glocks, 21 invisible), 1,587 guests, and 979 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,455
Posts18,507,993
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.