Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Such as national reciprocity for CCW and a more lenient "can/suppressor" process? It might be something to consider...............

Just asking here people - realizing how this may go with so many weak kneed R's.

Last edited by bigwhoop; 10/05/17.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Not if it shows them as putting value in the stock. I don't. I've known about them for years but never wanted on as I knew they could get a person in trouble and they provided no value to my shooting experience.

Actually, I would not mind a bit if all the R's pushed similar legislation brought by another R and Trump signed it. I just don't want dems to profit from one of their owns crimes, and the slime balls usually do.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Giving them an inch has never worked.

I may not have any use whatsoever for a bump fire, and consider them pretty worthless. But I'll not say we shouldn't be able to get one.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Giving them an inch has never worked.

Not on guns...
Not with Israel vs Palestinian Authority...
etc.
etc.
etc.

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
the R's have a tendency to sit down with the D's, and find out what the D's want, and try to give it to them. the gun control things is getting legs under it if we don't get it quieted down.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You're fooling yourself if you think we can trade bump stocks for suppressors no longer being FFA registered.

The CCW issue is going to be interesting. I think quite a few people are waking up to the fact that carrying is a good idea.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
they are going to be banned anyway , the
handwriting is on the wall.........

but I would make the dems bargain away something else , maybe funding for the Wall , maybe nationwide reciprocity.....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You getting the impression the left usually wins and the right usually loses?

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I remember when the GCA of 68 if passed was to be the last gun control.
If 360 wolves were running free in the entire Pacific NW they would not have a problem with control beyond that.
How many lies and miss truths does it take for folks to understand.

The answer is NO! NO! NO!

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Fireball2
You getting the impression the left usually wins and the right usually loses?

yup....Fox has had several Repub congresscritters on this morning that are ready to push a bump-ban

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Since when have democrats come to the bargaining table with anything republicans wanted passed?

Fug 'em.

The problem is that there are (R)'s that are ready and willing to fug us. Always have been.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Don't give an inch. Keep them focused on 'bump stocks' and fight like hell. Meanwhile we can still enjoy shooting.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No. Any bill proposed doesn't have to leave committee nor does it ever need to come to a vote.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hatari
No. Any bill proposed doesn't have to leave committee nor does it ever need to come to a vote.

Given the political climate, it wouldn't surprise me if it did though.

Probably pass the senate too. I doubt it'd get past the house though.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
IMHO outlawing any device that modifies a semi-automatic firearm to fire automatic fire is the right move. No bargaining with the Dems, just do it. Make it clear magazine capacity and silencers are not on the table to be banned. This may pizz many of you off but I see it as a win for the Rs and the NRA in the long run. I see the bump stocks as an undefendable position in the eye of too many folks to argue it otherwise. YMMV

Last edited by Dave_in_WV; 10/05/17.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Such as national reciprocity for CCW and a more lenient "can/suppressor" process? It might be something to consider...............

Just asking here people - realizing how this may go with so many weak kneed R's.

Dems won't "bargain" on either of one those issues, but it might be worth stating that if there won't be any discussion on those two issues, then there won't be any discussion on bump stocks either.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV
IMHO outlawing any device that modifies a semi-automatic firearm to fire automatic fire is the right move. No bargaining with the Dems, just do it. Make it clear magazine capacity and silencers are not on the table to be banned. This may pizz may of you off but I see it as a win for the Rs and the NRA in the long run. I see the bump stocks as an undefendable position in the eye of too many folks to argue it otherwise. YMMV

I agree with you.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Since when have democrats come to the bargaining table with anything republicans wanted passed?

Fug 'em.

The problem is that there are (R)'s that are ready and willing to fug us. Always have been.

Quoted for truth!

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I would rather give them NOTHING. But if the SAME law traded giving up these items that I would never use anyway in exchange for deregulating suppressors and SBRs, I would take that in a heartbeat. They would never agree to it though.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
First off, the only one of those I was ever around struck me as flea market junk at best. The guys using it weren't capable of getting off a 10 round burst without a jam or some other malfunction out of the AK variant they had it on. Might've been the gun, ammo, or nuts behind the but, but I was unimpressed (another reason I have a lot of issues with the current "facts" coming out of Vegas). I personally didn't fire it, I was to busy fondling a custom flintlock (I know, irony, right?) at the time.

I do wish someone on here with some experience would educate me on their proper use, and merits, if any besides trying to fling a lot of cheap ammo while constantly clearing jams.
I have fired an AR with a binary trigger and thought it was pretty cool. It would go through 30 rounds before quick and the guy that owned it could run pretty dang fast.
As it is, my AR with a Geissele SD-E will bring all the rain I can manage to point in one general direction.

All that said, while I think bumpfires are crap, we DO NOT NEED to give the Dems and inch. Our weak kneed R senators, however, will give them this one, and (as much as I am still glad I voted for him), I'd be surprised if Trump didn't sign it. I DON'T THINK it'll ever pass the house.

In the end, if it did look like a bumpfire ban would pass both houses and get signed, I see little point in giving anything away for free............

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (2500HD, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 1lesfox, 74 invisible), 2,574 guests, and 1,356 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,515
Posts18,509,462
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.