-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's funny, they never bargain anything of theirs, only ours!

LOL

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Yeah, compromise is when they get less than what they really want, but they still win.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fireball2

This is the truth.

I'm surprised that bump stocks have been OK this long. I never wanted one, but I'm not prepared to give on this.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Such as national reciprocity for CCW and a more lenient "can/suppressor" process? It might be something to consider.............

I would say "no". I think we need to insist on rephrasing the discussion. As it stands now, we're faced with "when did you stop beating your wife?" Y' can't even join the discussion right now without de facto accepting guilt. [bleep] that. I'm not automatically opposed to considering "doing something" but it has to be something that provides results, not just a "feel good" thing to placate irrational / knee-jerk reactions, and IMHO it has to not violate the 2nd and 4th amendments. We need to drag the discussion around to where the history of the outcome of gun control is accepted first, then talk about what to do with the very real problem we face. There have been two good articles posted here in the past couple days, one about the lack of impact of gun control on mass killings in the UK and Australia, another about prediction of increase in violence in the US ... and WHY. We need to look at the why. It's a hard question. It's easier to point fingers and demonize people. Maybe that's all our 30 second attention spans will handle now. If so we're [bleep] because the questions we face are hard and getting harder while our ability to contemplate intelligently them atrophies.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
when i was young the designation of "republican" and "Democrat" meant something. today it means nothing and has been replaced with Politician and Serf's.
there is no difference between the parties today. they only want to stay in power and spend our money.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This shouldn't even be a conversation. It's like banning fast cars to stop drunk drivers. Makes zero difference, take a look a europe, because that's where we are headed. Bunch of sissy's taking it in the a$$. Not me, not one more inch ever.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
No. Zero compromise.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Nope give them nothing.

Give them one thing and next time they want something they will say,well you worked on this thing with us so why not now.

They will never be satisfied no matter what you "give them".

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by plainsman456
Nope give them nothing.

Give them one thing and next time they want something they will say,well you worked on this thing with us so why not now.

They will never be satisfied no matter what you "give them".

Exactly.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You NEVER give up something without getting something in return. For some reason conservatives can't seem to wrap their mind around this concept!

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Instead of waiting for the Dems to propose a stand alone law for this, the Republicans should have beaten them to the punch and added it to the existing suppressor deregulation bill that didn't look like it was going anywhere. That way, they would have at least gotten something in exchange. Now that they let the Dems beat them to the punch, they'll end up caving and getting nothing it return as usual.

Last edited by OutlawPatriot; 10/05/17.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 45_100
You NEVER give up something without getting something in return. For some reason conservatives can't seem to wrap their mind around this concept!

It's like goldfish negotiating with sharks.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV
IMHO outlawing any device that modifies a semi-automatic firearm to fire automatic fire is the right move. No bargaining with the Dems, just do it. Make it clear magazine capacity and silencers are not on the table to be banned. This may pizz many of you off but I see it as a win for the Rs and the NRA in the long run. I see the bump stocks as an undefendable position in the eye of too many folks to argue it otherwise. YMMV

On an emotional stance that sounds good, but lets use some logic and explore the issue on a technical basis.

Devices that modify semi automatics already are illegal, or more correctly can only be installed by a class III manufacturer and the resulting firearm can only be sold to other class III dealers as a sample or sold to law enforcement/military that can purchase automatic and select fire weapons. The only full automatic or select fire firearms that can be legally purchased by the average Joe have to have been manufactured prior to 1986 and been registered prior to 1986. Then you need to live in an area where you are permitted to own class III, put in the paperwork, pay the $200 and wait a year.

Bumpfires do not modify a firearm to make them fully automatic. I think bumpfires and the like are stupid, but we need to be accurate in our terminology. If we don't use accurate language, we could end up with a law that would make someones trigger finger illegal because it can be used to fire a semi automatic too quickly. Sounds absurd? We're talking about government legislation or worse yet a BATF ruling.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No. Do not bargain the Second Ammendment away, no way, no how

G

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Such as national reciprocity for CCW and a more lenient "can/suppressor" process? It might be something to consider...............

Just asking here people - realizing how this may go with so many weak kneed R's.

NO!

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No, you don't blame the tool for the actions of the user!!

Cancer Sucks
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Should they compromise ..... if this isn't a slam dunk for them it's because they somehow screw it up on their own with no assistance. They have all the momentum they need and then some to get them banned. Or am I missing something???

And if we're being honest how many are ACTUALLY surprised they are still legal?

Am I for them being banned, no, do I think it's going to happen? Yes, absolutely.

Last edited by mitchellmountain; 10/05/17.

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I could personally (from a usefulness standpoint) give zero chits if bump stocks go extinct. Would I shoot one? Damn sure, if someone else is paying for ammo, and that monstrosity wasn't attached to my AR. Looks like a silly good time, no doubt. But for practical self defense purposes? I see it of zero use. Great way to make it about impossible to use your firearm effectively if you are wounded in one arm or the other for instance. Any possible benefit is so far outweighed by the possibility of jams, inability to use due to the operating method of this thing, etc, that it would be silly to consider it. Seems for every video you see of this contraption operating as advertised, along with 100 round staggered or drum mags, there are two or more showing this thing jamming up.

I see two groups interested in this thing. One is the guys who want to go out, blow through a lot of ammo, and have a silly good time doing so. The other is the survivalist, world is ending, tacticool 300 pounder who needs a suppressive fire capability for getting ready to take the 82nd and 101'st.

As my old man used to say...."I don't need a full auto. If it comes to the day I do, things have gone very bad, and I'll use that scoped rifle to pick off the guy intent on doing me harm that has one, and use his".

Should that day ever come, full autos (and any other number of items) won't be too hard to come by on the battlefield.

I think it's a novelty. One that under the right (or wrong) circumstances can be used to bring about a good deal of harm by twisted phugs. But I don't want our side just caving on this. Make them fight for it. They'll win on this one, but make them fight for it. Giving the gun grabbers anything never works. Fight for every inch, because after they've gained a foot or two, the AR's, Minis, and 740's are gone, they'll be coming for the "sniper rifles". "Who needs to be able to shoot out to a half mile to hunt or for self defense?!!! These guns are used by snipers on our battlefields, and have no place in the hands of common civilians!" Someone intent on evil and who uses a firearm will always find a way. And the gun grabbers will always find a way to exploit the tools and the dead to further their agenda towards their end goal....total confiscation. "Mr. and Mrs. America...turn them all in".

Last edited by DaveR; 10/05/17.

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Remember always, "compromise" or "bipartisan" to the liberals means doing it their way.

[Linked Image]
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by mitchellmountain
Should they compromise ..... if this isn't a slam dunk for them it's because they somehow screw it up on their own with no assistance. They have all the momentum they need and then some to get them banned. Or am I missing something???

And if we're being honest how many are ACTUALLY surprised they are still legal?

Am I for them being banned, no, do I think it's going to happen? Yes, absolutely.

Yeah, bump stocks will get banned. The fight will be to make sure nothing else gets tacked onto the legislation.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

619 members (160user, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 1234, 06hunter59, 59 invisible), 2,599 guests, and 1,277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,522
Posts18,509,699
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.