Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
You should try some H4350 if you can find it. JB has me convinced I need to try IMR4451 in place of H4350, so that's the next I'll try... You got to love a great shooting 30-06!!!!!! That's a do it all rifle right there. I loaded a little for my Tikka t3 superlite 7mm rem mag first thing this morning. Wish I could find a load, for that rifle, that shoots as well as your 30-06 does.

Grab some RL 22 and you will.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JGRaider
You should try some H4350 if you can find it. JB has me convinced I need to try IMR4451 in place of H4350, so that's the next I'll try... You got to love a great shooting 30-06!!!!!! That's a do it all rifle right there. I loaded a little for my Tikka t3 superlite 7mm rem mag first thing this morning. Wish I could find a load, for that rifle, that shoots as well as your 30-06 does.

RL 22 works well in 06. Best load in several I've loaded for. Even my old model 700.

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think he was referring to the 7 mag

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

I have 2 pounds of it, I will definitely give it a try. I know my model 70 7mm rem mag loved the stuff. Velocities were not as good as RL25, but I'll give it another whirl...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 1Nut

RL 22 works well in 06. Best load in several I've loaded for. Even my old model 700.

I'm pretty good on my 06 loads. Generally just use H4350 and rock on...

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

D
djb Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
The T3 is snuggled up in a case to start driving to CO tomorrow for 1st rifle season. I have a good feeling and bad intentions for an elk. I haven't got it scoped exactly how I want, but the VXII 2-7 CDS shoots just fine for now and actually is holding its zero.

The truth angers those whom it does not convince
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Otter6
Wish we still had a Sportsmens.

Depending on what part of PA you're in, they just opened one up in Morgantown, WV.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by djb
The T3 is snuggled up in a case to start driving to CO tomorrow for 1st rifle season. I have a good feeling and bad intentions for an elk. I haven't got it scoped exactly how I want, but the VXII 2-7 CDS shoots just fine for now and actually is holding its zero.

And mine is snuggled up in its case heading for Texas soon...with evil thoughts of Aporkalypse 2017 on its mind...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
D
djb Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by djb

And mine is snuggled up in its case heading for Texas soon...with evil thoughts of Aporkalypse 2017 on its mind...

I need to do a pig hunt someday. Lots of luck!

The truth angers those whom it does not convince
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Fotis
I think he was referring to the 7 mag

Makes sense.

RL22 and 180s in an 06 works. Pretty accurate IME. A little slow burning...

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 1Nut

I'm pretty good on my 06 loads. Generally just use H4350 and rock on...

H4350 is the classic, of course. I love it with 165s.

As Fotis pointed out, I was thinking 06 but the conversation regarding RE22 was for 7mm mangleum. I don't shoot the 7mm mag much any more. My Tikka in 260 Rem gets things done nicely with 125NPTs. Puts them inside 1/2 MOA easily. The older I get, the more short action rounds accompany me afield.

Nut

Thomas Jefferson

B
byd Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Fotis which 180 grain bullets are those in your group.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by byd
Fotis which 180 grain bullets are those in your group.

180 gr Combined technology Ballistic silvertps

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by ingwe
I'm a big fan too. The Tikka being all synthetic and for lack of a better term, efficient, has no soul...not like a wood and blue custom Mauser for instance.

But, load development consists of putting ammo in the rifle, they are a joy to handle ( at least in the lite or super light versions) and I can find no fault with them. I love my Superlight 223...

Rifles without soul that shoot, are like a homely woman that can cook. They get better lookin' as time goes by.

D
D
Maybe I fall into a different class of people (I am a wood and blue lover, a Model 70 fanboy, etc), but when I took my Tikka T3 SS Lite to the range and my first 15 shots out of it were 5 3-shot sub-MOA groups, that thing had a SOUL like you wouldn't believe! I think my Tikka has more soul than my Garand, my Mossberg 500, my Marlin 60...because I know how smooth and accurate it is, it feels more alive to me than any other rifle I own!!

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Doc7
Maybe I fall into a different class of people (I am a wood and blue lover, a Model 70 fanboy, etc), but when I took my Tikka T3 SS Lite to the range and my first 15 shots out of it were 5 3-shot sub-MOA groups, that thing had a SOUL like you wouldn't believe! I think my Tikka has more soul than my Garand, my Mossberg 500, my Marlin 60...because I know how smooth and accurate it is, it feels more alive to me than any other rifle I own!!

I don't care if it has a synthetic or wood stock, blued or stainless. I DO care if it has good mojo and shoots lights out. What does soul have to do with anything? laugh A quick run-down on the 2 7mm magnum rifles I purchased within 2 days from each other. One is a stainless classic model 70 7WSM and the other a Tikka t3x Superlite 7mm Rem mag. At this moment, I love both rifles equally. I had a chance to pack the Tikka on a western oregon deer hunt for a couple days and I like the weight and balance of the rifle. It packs very nicely and feels good in the hand. Feels great when shooting it in different field positions too. It is accurate, as i expected it to be. The Winchester model 70 classic I love for a different reason. It was a more hands on rifle, as I had to fine tune the hell out of it. Now it shoots as good as the Tikka, but ONLY because I worked on it to make it that way. Which wold I give up first? That will be the deciding factor in which one I like the best... Time will only tell on that one..

BSA MAGA
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
HEHEHE RANGE DAY...RANGE DAY TOMORROW grin
[Linked Image]

Impressions so far;
-Surprised at how light it is.
-Real good pointability. Comes to the shoulder quickly for lack of better words.
-It has a measure of freebore compared to the M70 & M700
-Dont like the plastic trigger guard, but can live with it.
-Trigger pulled spot on at 3 pounds.

Comparison with the my other Eight's
[Linked Image]

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Paul, I really like that rifle on the bottom with the swirly... That one is sweeeeeeeeet...

BSA MAGA
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Paul, I really like that rifle on the bottom with the swirly... That one is sweeeeeeeeet...

That McMillian on the Winchester is a great field stock, but makes the rifle act c%ntish on the bench. Lol

Last edited by Paulh; 10/13/17.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just to hi-jack the thread a little can anyone that has a Tikka comment on their performance.
I am wondering about the extractor and safety and if they seem to be as solid as they look.
Tikka's have some great features and might be my next purchase unless I hear of any concerns.

"Jerry is dead, Phish suck time to get a job "
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (10gaugeman, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 1minute, 1234, 117LBS, 60 invisible), 2,489 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,880
Posts18,518,168
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.