Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Well Gus.. this nation has a lot of problems and it is from corruption...
yeah, the DEA can stop this, "if they wanted to"... keeping the problem alive, is where the money
is....typical government.. they love to create a problem if one doesn't exist.. so we have to employ
them to solve the problem they created and then perpetuate...

yeah, we need to close the borders and we also have a lot of undesirables that need to be sent back
to where they came from...

And we are talking within our own borders.. seems logistically a lot simpler than trying to enforce
illegal activities outside of our borders, and only being able to tackle them once they show up on the
door step....

and now For Bwana...

yeah, it is the Corruption.. and its also the product.. regardless of what the product might be...

its not a what came first type of thing, the chicken or the egg...

The product and the corruption make up two halves of the circle...

And as was pointed out... its what the liberals up in Potland and Salem voted in..

most of the rest of the state didn't want a thing to do with it...

and if our local counties are any indication, its only corruption that allowed dope
into the 23 of 33 counties within the state...

The solution to the problem is not, why is dope here....

The solution to the problem is getting rid of the two fold reasons its here..
The dope and the corrupt governmental officials.. that stretch all the way to the
Governor's Office and the State Senators in Washington DC...

I've seen people my entire life talk about the Corruption of the Good Ol Boys Club
in the south...

Living in Boston, Minneapolis, being near Chicago, Growing up outside of Metro DC...
Seattle, Rural Oregon....

the Corruption of the Good Ol Boys in the South, are second string relief Squad compared
to what exists elsewhere in this country....

Corruption is a good reason the Feds aren't enforcing Federal Laws regarding the
distribution...much less the growing of marijuana...

Of minor interest, if anyone ever gets ahold of an Internal Revenue Code, or live near
a Federal Depository Library... check out the subject of Marijuana in the IRC past and present.

There is 40 plus pages addressing Marijuana in the Internal Revenue Code...

one of the original enforcements against it, was that the Feds couldn't collect the taxes on it..
much like Revenuers chasing down moonshine makers back in those southern Hills...

in the 20s and 30s, Marijuana was a major crop in the Philippines.. which was a US territory.
to give it an economy, Marijuana was grown in the P.I., and there was no tax on it coming into the USA
but there was a tax on Marijuana grown stateside...

of course it was used more for industrial uses in those days, vs recreational pharmaceutical uses...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Gus
i mean no disrespect, but the DEA, feds, narcs, whomever they are can't even keep the cartels from mexico & central america from shipping stuff from there to points further north through phoenix, dallas, atlanta, and up the east coast to new york, boston, etc.

why penalize legitimate american growers while the cartels run wild??? i'm serious, shouldn't we begin enforcing the border laws first? or do they have a free pass?

You're correct, the border needs tightened up. But the Cartels aren't shipping weed like in the old days, the changes in US law have dropped the price significantly...and Border busts for weed are almost 1/2 of what they were in 2010. The Cartels devote their time to cocaine, heroine, Oxi's,,,the opiate market is thriving, and the health concerns in this country prove that.

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Originally Posted by Doc_Paul
Middlefork, I have little sympathy for the addict and absolutely none for the dealer. But you have to ask yourself why are so many people doing drugs in the first place?
Does incarcerating people arrested for possession really help the problem or just pack the jails? How do we as a society teach people they CAN take control of their circumstances? Alternatively, how does a society teach people their actions DO carry consequences?

I think the combination of personal responsibility and the risk of dire consequences hold the key.

Heck, I'm just the veterinarian, not a sociologist.

People do drugs because they have too much free time. They're not working 10-12 hours per day to bring in the harvest or butcher the cow. Living is easy, even for the poor in this country.

P

and identifying another reason that there is so many dope grows and people
involved with Marijuana in Southern Oregon...

along with the time to go out and commit crimes to benefit themselves at other's expenses..

with no repercussions because of how little police presence we have

and how little Salem can give a schitt about it...

if it isn't in Salem, Eugene or Potland, they really could care less about the rest of the state...

they just want us to milk tax money out of.. so they can build their liberal utopia up north...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Originally Posted by Gus
i mean no disrespect, but the DEA, feds, narcs, whomever they are can't even keep the cartels from mexico & central america from shipping stuff from there to points further north through phoenix, dallas, atlanta, and up the east coast to new york, boston, etc.

why penalize legitimate american growers while the cartels run wild??? i'm serious, shouldn't we begin enforcing the border laws first? or do they have a free pass?

You're correct, the border needs tightened up. But the Cartels aren't shipping weed like in the old days, the changes in US law have dropped the price significantly...and Border busts for weed are almost 1/2 of what they were in 2010. The Cartels devote their time to cocaine, heroine, Oxi's,,,the opiate market is thriving, and the health concerns in this country prove that.

there it is. there's limited resources available for the control of illegal substances (unless we want to raise the taxes of working men & women through the roof). so, a logical first step might be to focus our limited resources on the most egregious illegal drugs first? that'd be a positive start related to getting a positive societal payback from the investments in control that DEA & affiliates are engaging. i have no problem with controlling illegal drugs. but, there ought to be a bit of thoughtfulness in the process, not just a wild orgy of spending tax=payers money with no results. please excuse me, i'm searching for new pharmaceuticals being advertised on tv, encouraging me to ask my doctor about whether they'll be helpful to me if i try them.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Seafire

its not a what came first type of thing, the chicken or the egg...

The product and the corruption make up two halves of the circle...

Actually it is, your corrupt "powers to be" DIDN'T show up when weed was legalized,,,they helped legalize it. If weed wasn't legal, do you think they would be honest pillars of the community ? No, they would have voted in Adult book stores, Pharmacies doling out Oxi's like candy, hookers on every corner, etc...If massive money can be made, corruption will follow soon after...think Mafia.

along with the time to go out and commit crimes to benefit themselves at other's expenses..

with no repercussions because of how little police presence we have

and how little Salem can give a schitt about it...

if it isn't in Salem, Eugene or Potland, they really could care less about the rest of the state...

they just want us to milk tax money out of.. so they can build their liberal utopia up north...

The states that legalized promised their constituents that the tax dollars would help the economy, thus improving roads/schools/etc. Many of those states have invested into their infrastructure and community improvements. Your crooked team has far too few of police available, after allowing 1000's of growers into the community. Considering most of the weed leaves your state, but all of the revenue stays there...the growers income is being spent within the local community. So your revenues/taxes are up, and the final product weed is another states problem.

My point is: It could be worse, from heroine to Oxi the potential horror would dwarf your weed issue. Vote out your local government and start over, or move.

IC B2

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
NOT voting out elected representatives that don't support you is a dereliction of duty.

voting in elected representatives that better represent you and your point of view is a duty.

drugs are a scourge on our society. but we've got them. they're even being sold by high-paid marketers.

what we can do is begin to take control of our immediate surroundings, including our communities at every level.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Oheremicus
There are a few things I'd like to clear up here. First of all, alcohol is not physically addicting.

Whaaat ? lol

That’s going to come as a surprise to many alcoholics.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Gus
NOT voting out elected representatives that don't support you is a dereliction of duty.

voting in elected representatives that better represent you and your point of view is a duty.

drugs are a scourge on our society. but we've got them. they're even being sold by high-paid marketers.

what we can do is begin to take control of our immediate surroundings, including our communities at every level.

Yep, that's what I'm saying...it's the corruption of local gov that screwed them...they're blaming the wrong people.

Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by Oheremicus
There are a few things I'd like to clear up here. First of all, alcohol is not physically addicting.

Whaaat ? lol

That’s going to come as a surprise to many alcoholics.

Yea, a real revelation in alcoholism must be taking place smile

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Bwana...

you assume, that I am totally ignoring the OXI, Heroin, Meth etc...

dope etc, has just multiplied the entire scenario.... don't get me going on that crap..

at least those aren't legalized also...their use is also off the charts locally.

and the sad thing is, all of this money promised to the communities...
ours sure isn't seeing it...

just like the dope, its going elsewhere...
and lining the pockets of a few select well connected political critters...

Like we locals stood by and just let it happen? I don't think so...
Out of state money bought what this county has turned into...

Yet we locals have to stand down.... personally I'd love to vigilante groups start
burning these grows down in the middle of the night...and I've have no issues
participating....

and this concept always used.. If you don't like it, MOVE...

That is a lazy man's way out....The entire attitude with this, is just like dealing
with liberals and liberalism... just run away from it....that is why they are taking
over the entire nation, and destroying every decent place under the sun....

because people run away from their problems instead of standing up and doing
something about it...

Minus the smell, I could care less about people growing the dope.. its all the crap
that comes with it... the social issues and problems....

yet too many seem to smoke dope themselves, act like those social problems and issues
are figments of our imagination....

and I get called a "victim" by some of the members on this forum, strictly because I care
about my community and my neighbors well being.... they throw that word around
like Liberals throw around the word RACIST....

and like moving, and running away from these issues is just a smarter and more macho
way to deal with such things....
yeah and now we see why the entire nation is going down the path its going...

Bad things happen when good men do NOTHING...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Seafire,
I understand you have a problem in your beloved area, but it's the politicians fault it happened....whether the additional revenue coming in from growers cash haul in local purchases, or payoff's from the Monsanto/Phillip Morris's of the world....the money flow is staggering, but should be used for the betterment of the community(like police, ambulance, schools, senior centers, roads).

But where is that money ?, where's it going to ?...in somebody's pocket as we speak. And as long as they get rich it won't change, vote their ass out and start fresh. If they had voted in Medical use, requiring a card there would be less issues...but recreational opened up growers dealing to other states, and every hippie with a car coming your way to live the "life".

IC B3

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Bad things happen when good men do NOTHING...

in a nutshell, we have something we can agree upon, right here & now.

we can elect local representatives that reflect our views, needs & expectations.

right now, complacency rules the land. i think ol jimmah called it a malaise affecting us.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If we want to put a dent in the pot trade, the ONLY means to do that is if ordinary citizens use the SSS method, which ain't gunna happen. So enjoy it cause it ain't going anywhere. Hell I might even start smoking myself.

LOL
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Fireball2
If we want to put a dent in the pot trade, the ONLY means to do that is if ordinary citizens use the SSS method, which ain't gunna happen. So enjoy it cause it ain't going anywhere. Hell I might even start smoking myself.

You just can't legislate morality my friend. If you could,then we should lock up folks for adultery too. Then the prisons would be full,citizens over taxed, and the courts over worked. Wait,isn't that exactly what is happening with the war on drugs?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Someone else will just fill the slot, and you will buy free trouble or a trip to the prison...isn't worth any of that. While it's legal there's nothing you can do but tolerate, and stay clear of the madness.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

You just can't legislate morality my friend. If you could,then we should lock up folks for adultery too. Then the prisons would be full,citizens over taxed, and the courts over worked. Wait,isn't that exactly what is happening with the war on drugs?

Roe vs Wade sure did legislate immorality tho didn't it?

LOL
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

No,it just made it easier and more sanitary. They were doing it with coat hangers before the legislation.

As always,you have to attack the source and not the means. Just like liberals wanting to get rid of guns because they kill people,so are conservatives wanting to get rid of drugs because they kill people. We know that there will be illegal guns in the hands of criminals no matter what legislation we pass. I don't understand why conservatives can't make the same logical leap to understand that there will also always be illegal drugs no matter what legislation we pass.

To stop the problems we have to treat the symptoms. We have to learn why it is becoming more prevalent in our society for a madman to go on a mass shooting. We also need to learn why certain drugs have become such a problem in this country. I personally think the problem started with the break down of the family and Christian values and morality.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

No,it just made it easier and more sanitary. They were doing it with coat hangers before the legislation.

As always,you have to attack the source and not the means. Just like liberals wanting to get rid of guns because they kill people,so are conservatives wanting to get rid of drugs because they kill people. We know that there will be illegal guns in the hands of criminals no matter what legislation we pass. I don't understand why conservatives can't make the same logical leap to understand that there will also always be illegal drugs no matter what legislation we pass.

To stop the problems we have to treat the symptoms. We have to learn why it is becoming more prevalent in our society for a madman to go on a mass shooting. We also need to learn why certain drugs have become such a problem in this country. I personally think the problem started with the break down of the family and Christian values and morality.

My point is after abortion was legalized it changed from backstreet to mainstream. Those are exactly the kind of things that lead to the breakdown of family and Christian values, celebrating immorality we see today.

LOL
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

My point is after abortion was legalized it changed from backstreet to mainstream. Those are exactly the kind of things that lead to the breakdown of family and Christian values, celebrating immorality we see today.

I don't see it that way at all. My view on the morality of abortion didn't suddenly change because it became legal. Neither did yours,I assume. Neither did it for anyone else who held it as immoral. It's legalization didn't cause us to celebrate it,not accept it.

It's the same way with your pot smokers. They aren't going to suddenly stop because you make it illegal,nor will those who view it as morally wrong or just unhealthy suddenly light up when it's legal. It's always available whether legal or not. You seem to keep missing that point. I haven't smoked any pot in about 20 years but I could have bought some in an hour at anytime in the last 20 years right here in Alabama where it is illegal. The legality of it has not effected it's availability in the least. The reasons I'm not smoking it has nothing to do with it's legality.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Those are exactly the kind of things that lead to the breakdown of family and Christian values, celebrating immorality we see today.

You always forget a VERY important fact, the religious "nones" in this country has grown to 25%...add the Jews and non-secular in the mix, and that very significant population doesn't care nor heed "morality". Since morality comes from the teachings of the bible, it has no relevance in laws like abortion.

You should quit judging your fellow man with 1 hand, while beating your bible with the other...both arms will be tired, and God won't care in the end.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
So legalizing abortion and consequently killing millions of people did nothing to contribute to the breakdown of family and Christian values. Got it, thanks.

LOL
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

80 members (10Glocks, 35, BALLISTIK, 308ld, 808outdoors, AdventureBound, 7 invisible), 1,165 guests, and 761 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,868
Posts18,478,688
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.