Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 21 1 2 3 4 20 21
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by cal74
I didn't want to throw any names out as I don't think I'm in the wrong and now it's your opinion against mine and I'm sure depending on who it is there will be sides taken.

This is far from a safariman experience, but apparently what I feel is good to very good for an old rifle someone else feels otherwise. This is only my opinion, but the rifle was listed for well under what other similar ones go for on gunbroker and with the couple pics that were in the ad I do honestly feel it was represented accurately.. If I thought it was in excellent condition with no wear I would have asked considerable more for it. I do apologize that you are not happy with the rifle, but I also believe it's more a case of buyers remorse than a legitimate complaint.

There are no signs of any rust. Is there blueing wear, yes there is. Are there handling marks on the stock, yes there are. It's a 65 year old rifle that's been hunted/used but not abused. I wouldn't sell something on here or any other site where I've ever been that I thought I was misrepresenting.

I do not own a bore-scope, but to the naked eye the bore looks fine.

I offered to take it back, minus shipping costs and a 10% fee or a return of 50.00 if it helped to make it right. I didn't advertise the rifle with a buy back if someone was not happy.
You or anyone else could have asked for more pictures or more detail. There wasn't anything to hide on the barrel, minus the blueing wear and the pictures show the stock pretty clearly. There certainly was not any rust.

You mentioned the screws were buggered, are they perfect no but they're far from buggered or stripped or anything other than being turned in and out a few times in the last five decades and are perfectly functional.

On this site and many others, I have nothing but a 100% feedback and have never been accused of deceiving anyone.

Nothing was ever asked about if anyone was not happy that there was a return policy. The rifle has been transferred and I will not accept a return to an FFL (and I stated that in a pm earlier) where I have to spend a couple hours round trip and an additional 30.00 transfer fee. The closest one to me is an hour round trip and 75.00 fee. If it could just be shipped back to me at this point, I'd say minus my costs involved and ship it back on his dime.

It should be noted Brian also agreed to some ammo/brass that I had just created a shipping label for earlier today, I was able to void the label and hopefully get refunded but I will also return the amount we agreed upon for the ammo/brass. I was not able to ship that out until today and it was on it's way to be dropped off when all of this became an issue. I will get that check out first thing Monday AM.

I've bought things things on here and elsewhere where I wish I would have asked for more details, but also blamed myself for not asking as long as nothing was hidden or lied about. If it wasn't for the photobucket crap, I would have posted more pics in the ad to begin with as there was/is nothing to hide.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt.../12333490/sako-rhimmiki-222#Post12333490

Shipment I created just this morning (deleted his name/address)

Tracking Number:
1Z281T760393735145
Ship To:

US
UPS Service: UPS GROUND
Number of Packages: 1
Package Weight: 6.0 LBS
Scheduled Delivery: 11/03/2017

Take your sides and say what you will, but I'm done.

That's horse sheit.

[bleep] Yankees

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Looking criticallly, mistakes happen, however, the pitted bore = seller covers all costs to undue deal... No black listing necessary.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
no pics of the barrel provided in the original ad?

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
A call out thread is the only way to solve this.

All the guys want to be me, and all the bitches want to do me.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I sold hundreds of firearms online and I always offered a 3 day inspection period. I described the condition conservatively and always liked when the buyer said the condition was better than expected or described. Because of the subjectivity of ones opinion about condition I offered the 3 day inspection period and was never disappointed. Of the hundreds upon hundreds I have sold I only had one returned and that was because of something other than condition and I still got an A+ for feedback on that one. I eventually sold the one that was returned for 50% more than the initial sale price. My reputation is more important than teaching someone a lesson about buyers remorse.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
I sold a rifle a few years back. I advertised it as a custom with a Lilja barrel. I have numerous customs, some with Lilja and some with Shilen. That’s all I have ever used. Turned out that the buyer said that Lilja did not make a barrel with the number of lands as was on this gun. So i told him it had to be a Shilen. Buyer was very pissed. I told him it was an honest mistake and it was a 3/4” gun. He was still unhappy.
I told him, it was my mistake, return it and I will refund your money.
Never heard another word from him.

NRA Patron
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by dale06
I sold a rifle a few years back. I advertised it as a custom with a Lilja barrel. I have numerous customs, some with Lilja and some with Shilen. That’s all I have ever used. Turned out that the buyer said that Lilja did not make a barrel with the number of lands as was on this gun. So i told him it had to be a Shilen. Buyer was very pissed. I told him it was an honest mistake and it was a 3/4” gun. He was still unhappy.
I told him, it was my mistake, return it and I will refund your money.
Never heard another word from him.

Probably trying to shake you down to see if you’d send a partial refund.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kingston
Buyer isn't happy with something I sold someplace else, item was advertised for what it was with a couple good pictures and no additional pictures were asked for. Price I asked was discounted quite a bit from something in excellent shape. I don't feel it's a legit complaint, but more a case of buyers remorse.

Good business/person side of me says fine, I'll take it back minus shipping and there's a part of me saying screw it. I've had plenty of cases of buyers remorse, or have bought things and didn't ask enough questions and just dealt with things that weren't necessarily hid but weren't disclosed either but at the same time realized I paid a discounted price.

Opinions?

Apparently, you're having trouble with buyers on other sites too.

Although it has nothing to do with buyer's remorse, I'll quote the PM I wrote you today about the item you sold me:

"The rifle is in rough shape. You stipulated: "Sako Rhimmiki .222 good to vg condition - few handling marks and some blueing wear. Been sitting in the safe for way too long without seeing any use. Includes rings and one magazine"

The stock has many more than "few handling marks" and the bluing has lots of wear, showing signs of having had considerable surface rust. Borescoping shows pitting and considerable throat erosion, scope mount screw heads are buggered, etc. The rifle is not in good to very good condition. I accepted the condition as reported in your listing, which consisted of three sentence fragments and two marginal photographs. None of the rifles flaws were specifically documented narratively or with pictures. My expectations were framed by your listing. Upon receiving the rifle, I find its condition falls short of what one would reasonably expect based on your description. It's the responsibility of the seller to accurately and thoroughly represent the item for sale. Buyers are blind until presented with the actual item. You were advanced payment in good faith. I too am disappointed. Had this rifle been more thoroughly documented, I would have passed on it, saving us both the trouble.

Initially, I was prepared to cover the return shipping as a gesture of good will. I haven't taken the time to thoroughly photograph and narrate the condition of the rifle received and would hope this could be resolved without drama."

This. You cheated him, not Buyer's remorse.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I didn't want to throw any names out as I don't think I'm in the wrong and now it's your opinion against mine and I'm sure depending on who it is there will be sides taken.

This is far from a safariman experience, but apparently what I feel is good to very good for an old rifle someone else feels otherwise. This is only my opinion, but the rifle was listed for well under what other similar ones go for on gunbroker and with the couple pics that were in the ad I do honestly feel it was represented accurately.. If I thought it was in excellent condition with no wear I would have asked considerable more for it. I do apologize that you are not happy with the rifle, but I also believe it's more a case of buyers remorse than a legitimate complaint.

There are no signs of any rust. Is there blueing wear, yes there is. Are there handling marks on the stock, yes there are. It's a 65 year old rifle that's been hunted/used but not abused. I wouldn't sell something on here or any other site where I've ever been that I thought I was misrepresenting.

I do not own a bore-scope, but to the naked eye the bore looks fine.

I offered to take it back, minus shipping costs and a 10% fee or a return of 50.00 if it helped to make it right. I didn't advertise the rifle with a buy back if someone was not happy.
You or anyone else could have asked for more pictures or more detail. There wasn't anything to hide on the barrel, minus the blueing wear and the pictures show the stock pretty clearly. There certainly was not any rust.

You mentioned the screws were buggered, are they perfect no but they're far from buggered or stripped or anything other than being turned in and out a few times in the last five decades and are perfectly functional.

On this site and many others, I have nothing but a 100% feedback and have never been accused of deceiving anyone.

Nothing was ever asked about if anyone was not happy that there was a return policy. The rifle has been transferred and I will not accept a return to an FFL (and I stated that in a pm earlier) where I have to spend a couple hours round trip and an additional 30.00 transfer fee. The closest one to me is an hour round trip and 75.00 fee. If it could just be shipped back to me at this point, I'd say minus my costs involved and ship it back on his dime.

It should be noted Brian also agreed to some ammo/brass that I had just created a shipping label for earlier today, I was able to void the label and hopefully get refunded but I will also return the amount we agreed upon for the ammo/brass. I was not able to ship that out until today and it was on it's way to be dropped off when all of this became an issue. I will get that check out first thing Monday AM.

I've bought things things on here and elsewhere where I wish I would have asked for more details, but also blamed myself for not asking as long as nothing was hidden or lied about. If it wasn't for the photobucket crap, I would have posted more pics in the ad to begin with as there was/is nothing to hide.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt.../12333490/sako-rhimmiki-222#Post12333490

Shipment I created just this morning (deleted his name/address)

Tracking Number:
1Z281T760393735145
Ship To:

US
UPS Service: UPS GROUND
Number of Packages: 1
Package Weight: 6.0 LBS
Scheduled Delivery: 11/03/2017

Take your sides and say what you will, but I'm done.

That's horse sheit.

[bleep] Yankees

But you're so proud of your Yankee family, you're a pretty confused one.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Under promise and over deliver is always a happy customer.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Probably be difficult to accomplish here, given the variety of "members" of the campfire, but perhaps folks could agree on some terminology regarding "good" "very good" "fair" etc?

Perhaps a sticky on the classified threads with some listings of rating systems. Buyer and seller then agree on which system they would like to use.

Just an example:

http://www.armsbid.com/nra-conditions-standards.cfm

And better pictures, more of them also. Angle and lighting on those two provided don't show a lot of detail.

Certainly hope you guys can reach an amicable settlement

Good luck,

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Cal74 lists County Executive Director as his occupation, a sad way to do business if that is true.

Risking one's reputation personally or professionally, over a transaction that was less than forth right...isn't good business or smart. Ripping off a well liked senior member with a stellar reputation and a spunky sparkly giddy friendly personality, will surely make enemies here and destroy your feedback.

Last edited by Bwana_1; 10/28/17.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I give people the option to send an item back minus shipping for whatever reason. If someone felt my description didn't match what I was selling, I would be fine with covering the return shipping myself to avoid hard feelings. I've had very good luck buying/selling online because most hunting/shooting people are good people IMO. That being said, I prefer to do business with regular members here (registered a year+ who contribute outside the classifieds) whenever possible and will often negotiate deals (either way) to do so.......

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Mail it back and they pay for shipping.

That's about how I look at it. If somebody don't want something they just don't want it.

Make him pay for the expense of the transaction, give him his money back and sell it to the next guy.

What is it?

I might want to buy it.

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why should a seller pay ~75 bucks for a person to inspect a product like a rifle when the buyer has the option of asking questions including will the seller accept returns, and if so, at what cost?

The good ol'e boy attitude don't always work on the campfire because there are a [bleep] of classified cowboys that don't care about anything other than making a buck.

It's lot easier to flip an item if it's not what was expected or you have buyer's remorse and I am not talking about a product that truly does not meet the description.

Dave

cal74 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Amazing how quick people are to jump on the band wagon.

I don't take well to demands and if initial correspondence was a little different than my attitude probably would be as well.

I didn't misrepresent something and in regards to the statement about the bore. I looked with a flashlight and the naked eye there was/is nothing wrong with it.

If Brian or anyone would have asked for more pictures or about the condition of the screws, or how much bluing was wore I would have answered gladly. I wasn't asking a premium price presumed the couple of pictures I had included represented the rifle for what it was. You can see the handling marks on the stock and you can see blueing wore on the rings/action. I thought it was a moot point as the blueing was visibly wore and the rifle had been used in its history.

As for now, we'll work it out and go our separate ways.

Life is just one damned thing after another
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Probably be difficult to accomplish here, given the variety of "members" of the campfire, but perhaps folks could agree on some terminology regarding "good" "very good" "fair" etc?

Perhaps a sticky on the classified threads with some listings of rating systems. Buyer and seller then agree on which system they would like to use.

Just an example:

http://www.armsbid.com/nra-conditions-standards.cfm

And better pictures, more of them also. Angle and lighting on those two provided don't show a lot of detail.

Certainly hope you guys can reach an amicable settlement

Good luck,

Geno

No way that's going to happen. Just as people can't agree on what the definition of accuracy is, who makes a good hamburger or what constitutes a good whisky.

Not going to take sides here, but if you have someone who is looking for a particular grade of gun, and the seller misrepresents either because he doesn't have any concept of grades or whatever, both sides are going to be disappointed.

I remember a rifle I had for sale and a prospective buyer who was asking all sorts of questions. As much as I wanted to sell the gun, I could tell by how specific his questions were there was no way he'd be happy with the gun and flat out told him so. I sold it to a guy locally, he had the opportunity to inspect it in person and knew exactly what he was getting.

cal74 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RDW
Why should a seller pay ~75 bucks for a person to inspect a product like a rifle when the buyer has the option of asking questions including will the seller accept returns, and if so, at what cost?

The good ol'e boy attitude don't always work on the campfire because there are a [bleep] of classified cowboys that don't care about anything other than making a buck.

It's lot easier to flip an item if it's not what was expected or you have buyer's remorse and I am not talking about a product that truly does not meet the description.

Thank you

If I had lied about something or said this is in excellent shape, than it'd be a different story. Personally I think the rifle is in good to vg shape for it's age. I do realize we all have a different opinion on what that condition qualifies for. I didn't cover a thing up, if someone wasn't happy with the pics or didn't look close enough why am I responsible?

I don't want to get into a feud with Brian, but when I'm initially just told I'm sending it back and you're SOL on any expenses incurred to this point and now responsible for a couple more hours and more money to pick it up from an FFL than NO I'm not going to just bend over because someone doesn't like something.

Life is just one damned thing after another
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Bore pitting, noticed or otherwise, if not disclosed is a deal breaker. Bummer but buyer deserves to be made whole, nothing more, nothing less.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
At this point in the thread, I don't think cal74 was particularly off base in his description. The photos in his ad show lots of bluing wear on the trigger guard, rings, etc., al little chipping of the finish around the cheekpiece and some marring of the checkering on the wrist. It seems to be a solid "good" although very good might be a stretch.

I think Kingston needs to show a photo of the evident pitting of the bore. Without that, I don't see a bad ad.

National Rifle Association - Patron Member
National Muzzleloading Rifle Association - Life Member and 1 of 1000
Illinois State Rifle Association - Life Member
Carlinville Rifle & Pistol Club
~ Molɔ̀ːn Labé ~
Page 2 of 21 1 2 3 4 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (1OntarioJim, 160user, 007FJ, 16penny, 1936M71, 12344mag, 76 invisible), 2,374 guests, and 1,350 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,146
Posts18,484,191
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.